Latest Thread

Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Make sense?

36 Eagle 2 = $13.9 bil
42 Rafale = $8.1 bil.

Both are new platform.

The US jets should be much cheaper compare to the European products, or is it just a myth?
If it's up to me, we should choose only one of them, all the way rafale or all the way F-15EX, because the french can give more TOT and cheaper price i would choose Rafale and no F-15EX, it would be nice if we could purchased 80 Rafale and 50 KF-21 Boramae for the next 10-15 year

Last edited:

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Buy many rafale and asked them to help us develop nuclear plant hehe
Other SEA countries be like:

1644644942665.png

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Only 7.5%? We were talking about 15% RMP for procurement using foreign loan before (I believe @Indos had the general numbers).

This is probably the case of SMI compromising with MoD.

We have calculated the number before, can you bring my post posted last year ? I am lazy finding it my self

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Only 7.5%? We were talking about 15% RMP for procurement using foreign loan before (I believe @Indos had the general numbers).

This is probably the case of SMI compromising with MoD.

Maybe because the loan maturity is expanded until 12-14 years (payment), instead of usual 6-7 years period.

Last edited:

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,574
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We have calculated the number before, can you bring my post posted last year ? I am lazy finding it my self
This one?

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This one?

Nope, there is post where I tried to calculate which portion of 5.8 billion USD ( approved foreign loan acquisition program by SMI) that can go ahead and executed based on the RMP (Down Payment and subsequent payment in the next year) we have in 2022 budget and also have already considered some order taken in 2021 like T50 Golden Eagle, Airbus A400 M, etc. From my calculation we can get more RMP than what Alman Helvast has calculated.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Rafale is fast becoming fighter "sejuta umat" now.

“The Iraqi Air Force is intending to purchase 14 French Rafale fighter jets at a cost of $240 million, which will be paid in oil rather than cash,” Ricklefs told Defense News about the deal."

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

“The Iraqi Air Force is intending to purchase 14 French Rafale fighter jets at a cost of $240 million, which will be paid in oil rather than cash,” Ricklefs told Defense News about the deal."

No, not yet.

While Dassault and France's successes in marketing Rafale are quite remarkable lately, they still have much more to do to at least reach half of the number of countries that use F-16 (8 vs 25). In fact, if we're counting the number of countries that use their products, their old Mirage F1 was still more successful than Rafale with 16 current and former operators.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions

US political shenanigans resulted in Russian defeat and French economic victory

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Is it time for Formil enthusiasts to figh hard again just like "leopard ambles" era?
"Menurutnya, Kemhan sebaiknya mengkaji tentang kekuatan alat tempur negara negara di Asia-Pasifik lebih dahulu."

"Ia kemudian menyarankan Kemhan sebaiknya pada penambahan unit helikopter tempur dan pesawat angkut C-130 Hercules."

Two contradicting statements, no?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,594
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"Menurutnya, Kemhan sebaiknya mengkaji tentang kekuatan alat tempur negara negara di Asia-Pasifik lebih dahulu."

"Ia kemudian menyarankan Kemhan sebaiknya pada penambahan unit helikopter tempur dan pesawat angkut C-130 Hercules."

Two contradicting statements, no?
U should also check PS* statement. Pure dumbassery

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
U should also check PS* statement. Pure dumbassery
their main goal in this matter is to showing the public that their party "Exist", they didn't really bother if large portion of public disagree with their statement or not, so i guess it's pretty successful tactics. (sorry for the OOT)

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom