Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Did something happen with Hawk in pekanbaru?

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,491
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am pretty sure EPAWWS going to be included considering the fact that our AU is now well aware about the importance of EW.
I am sure there will be EW systems on-board, although not necessarily EPAWSS.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Basically 5th gen aircraft vs our fighter line up in the future.
Screenshot_20220825-084157_Instagram.jpg

I'm pretty sure blue team still gonna smoke them though 😑

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Then how they gonna maintain it?
Yearly budget just like we do now to all of our fighters. Tho we can put it on a seperate contract but its not within our nature to do that kind of thing for now. Well we will see how it goes....
I am sure there will be EW systems on-board, although not necessarily EPAWSS.
Road map to have EW capable fighter is already there, even the Sukhoi was being planned to have it. So yeah there will be EPAWSS in our future Eagle with AMRAMM as their main weapon which we already have and continue to have. Others munitions will be put on seperate contract. Lets see how our govt. plan to arm the Rafale, If we go with european made then its going to be interesting to see how we are going to arm Eagle. And if we see Rafale as some kind of diversification then the chance for European base weapon to come with Rafale is higher.

Whats interesting to me is where Boramae going to play their role and how we going to mix it with our current fighters and future rafale/Eagle. Is Boramae going to use European or US made weapon? or even Korean made? :unsure:

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,620
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If US were to supply B-21 to Australia I wonder if US will try to appease us, maybe we will be allowed to get F-35(nerfed version)?
Naaah.

They want to keep us at arm's length, just like what we do to the US. Even with all the joint exercises, the potential sales of their F-15EX, and all other military aids, we will remain a precarious 'partner' to them.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Unfortunately when it comes to that B-21 there's not much we can do about it. China will also likely use our airspace for their own VLO planes.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
anyway an unpopular opinion: if we can't get that F-35 because they won't sell us one, we should opt to buy Chinese one. I heard the J-35 is export oriented. Maybe some lobby here and there with Beijing ?

to kill a 5th gen you need a 5th gen. no ifs and but.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
anyway an unpopular opinion: if we can't get that F-35 because they won't sell us one, we should opt to buy Chinese one. I heard the J-35 is export oriented. Maybe some lobby here and there with Beijing ?

to kill a 5th gen you need a 5th gen. no ifs and but.
You sound like her now. I think we can wait for KF-21 block 3.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
if we can't get that F-35 because they won't sell us one, we should opt to buy Chinese one. I heard the J-35 is export oriented. Maybe some lobby here and there with Beijing ?

to kill a 5th gen you need a 5th gen. no ifs and but
AURI J35 could be a weapon against the J20 PLAF?

Top Bottom