Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1 st wave viper win wtih help from datalink and growlerskie 1 viper survied
2nd wave viper wipe out all red survive

🤥
So they have data link afterall?

But still. Alone, Vipers won't survive.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Turn out our Air Force High School is good huh...
20220827_155533.jpg

Let's hope some of them interested joining Air Force, they could pilot Eagle or Rafale in few years.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Turn out our Air Force High School is good huh...
View attachment 47208

Let's hope some of them interested join Air Force, they could pilot Eagle or Rafale in few years.
Ever you asked about the budget? This one is not like Angkasa schools in AFB, this one is totally free for the students.

People know that this school is Bu Nanik legacy that her husband successors KSAU and Panglima TNI doesn't care about, especially now when Jen. Hadi is not in TNI anymore.

Edit: ohok ohok some even said that students there have to pay in the future, instead of fully subsidized that has no direct impact to the nation defense or air power itself. I don't know, it's kind of no oversight at all from the Kemhan, wild west Indonesia indeed. Almost like total anarchy when you have powers (some positions you have absolute power), almost without oversight or any working oversight measures at all.

Last edited:

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The latest have
What's the difference between this and link 16 ?
I just looked at TNI AU's F-16 from US EDA again. Written there, improved data modem which actually has the capability of a datalink, but without any module or whatever that is specifically for Link 16 or others, so just connect it to the existing stuffs there, without MIDS.

But still, I doubt that TNI AU's IDM is Link 16. Ask someone from lek corps for more clear answer. Not familiar at all with stuff like this as an amateur lol

@flogger any source about that 4 F-35 f*cked by 4 F-16 and 2 Growler?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Growler detect Lightning's signal emission passively with their censor and then feed that information to our Vipers through TDL, was that how it work?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,357
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Growler detect Lightning's signal emission passively with their censor and then feed that information to our Vipers through TDL, was that how it work?
The APG-81 of the 35s are very advanced LPI radar. Is the growlers electronic suite that capable tho ?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The APG-81 of the 35s are very advanced LPI radar. Is the growlers electronic suite that capable tho ?
That was the only scenario "how to detect F35 with Growler" I can think of. 🤔

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That was the only scenario "how to detect F35 with Growler" I can think of. 🤔
Hypothetically, AMRAAMs from F-35 eventhough they can launch it further than any other aircrafts there because of further radar range, the jammers can jammed the AMRAAM's radar and make that F-35's ultimate capability of "kill the enemy before they see you" to be nothing. I don't know about if the AMRAAM still cued by the F-35 radar instead of common knowledge of 'fire and forget' Fox 3, is the AMRAAM still can hit its target or not? so use the AMRAAM as the Fox 1.

Edit: Don't say the F-35s were shot downed by using AIM-9s lol. That must be so embarrassing for F-35s that they were killed by older F-16s that dodged the AMRAAM by the help of Growlers lol.

@flogger this interesting stuff have any source you can put or not? If not, I still put the sanad as dhaif tho

Last edited:

flogger

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Hypothetically, AMRAAMs from F-35 eventhough they can launch it further than any other aircrafts there because of further radar range, the jammers can jammed the AMRAAM's radar and make that F-35's ultimate capability of "kill the enemy before they see you" to be nothing. I don't know about if the AMRAAM still cued by the F-35 radar instead of common knowledge of 'fire and forget' Fox 3, is the AMRAAM still can hit its target or not? so use the AMRAAM as the Fox 1.

Edit: Don't say the F-35s were shot downed by using AIM-9s lol. That must be so embarrassing for F-35s that they were killed by older F-16s that dodged the AMRAAM by the help of Growlers lol.

@flogger this interesting stuff have any source you can put or not? If not, I still put the sanad as dhaif tho
Well i am afraid i cant give you the source and may be you can calleed it dhaif maybe its better that way tho

And here a dhaif sanad again about it
Growler is indeed nullify the f f35 with heavy jammer and growler is that good the scenario is actualy been work on porpose by the pitch black official to see on posibilaties can happened and it is "pesanan" from home guest in the first place and yeah they killed it with fox 2 remeber viper is a good rate fighter in two circle fight. Remember its dhaif put much off salt in it to

Regard

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well i am afraid i cant give you the source and may be you can calleed it dhaif maybe its better that way tho

And here a dhaif sanad again about it
Growler is indeed nullify the f f35 with heavy jammer and growler is that good the scenario is actualy been work on porpose by the pitch black official to see on posibilaties can happened and it is "pesanan" from home guest in the first place and yeah they killed it with fox 2 remeber viper is a good rate fighter in two circle fight. Remember its dhaif put much off salt in it to

Regard
Anti stealth 5th gen tactics surely will come handy for us (syarat ketentuan berlaku).

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
What's the difference between this and link 16 ?
MIDS is the name of the terminal for the Link-16 tactical data link. There are several variants of MIDS, for both aircrafts and ships and they are necessary when someone wants to use Link-16, but it is also important to know that one needs more than just the MIDS terminals to use the Link-16. Though until now I haven't seen a DSCA document which specified MIDS in the article purchased by Indonesia, not even in the F-15ID document.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
EPAWSS is a jammer? How does it compare to Growler jammer?
EPAWSS is a self protection integrated EW suite for Eagle II. Growler is the nickname given to E/A-18 EW aircraft which are equipped with AN/ALQ-218 and AN/ALQ-99 EW systems. They perform both the stand-off and stand-in jamming and SEAD. The functionalities and performance between the two are incomparable since they are systems meant for different things.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Though until now I haven't seen a DSCA document which specified MIDS in the article purchased by Indonesia, not even in the F-15ID document.
Motivated by Indonesian government mentality that we can’t be that close to any other powers. Free and active foreign policy doctrine actually meant to competed against PKI foreign policy doctrine that we couldn’t have any relations with what they called as Imperialist powers (West) during the late 40s, long time ago, thanks to Hatta that himself pointed the guns of Soekanto’s Police Force to the PKI by the helping hand of US lol. That is what free and active actually is, brought to us by the one that made it.

But that free and active actually just imprisoned ourselves now lol. Pragmatic that dogmatic, confusing doctrine indeed

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I got an impression Link 16 only avaliable to us when doing multinational exercise like Pitch Black. So we have the "gadget" but not the "network" itself ? 🤨

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom