Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
I got an impression Link 16 only avaliable to us when doing multinational exercise like Pitch Black. So we have the "gadget" but not the "network" itself ? 🤨
Are you sure? Indonesia buying MIDS without the plans to use them would be wasge of money. Also, MIDS is synonymous to the hardware part of Link-16. I doubt that the US sold those terminals in the first place.

Makes me wonder what forbid/hinder AURI in using link 16...
Only US aligned countries are allowed to take part in the program. Indonesia is traditionally non-aligned from what I know.

Windchime

Professional
South Korea Moderator
Reactions
22 1,276
Nation of residence
Poland
Nation of origin
South Korea
Well, they could copy Korean by making a new domestic made data link and make it compatible with other data link such as Link 16. If you're that persistent to not use foreign made data link, just make one yourself.
Using Link-16, be it with your own terminal or with MIDS, means that you conform to US requirements, are a US ally and are being supplied with code keys every single day. If the US doesn't want to sell MIDS to a certain country, there is absolutely no chance that country's domestic data link terminal is going to be compatible with the Link-16.

Though since your emphasis seems to lie on the "domestic data link" part, that surely is doable. Sweden for example has supplied Gripen operators with their own data link systems suited for their customers' operating environments. Other European defence suppliers like Thales or Hensoldt have also developed and offered their own data link systems as well.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well i am afraid i cant give you the source and may be you can calleed it dhaif maybe its better that way tho

And here a dhaif sanad again about it
Growler is indeed nullify the f f35 with heavy jammer and growler is that good the scenario is actualy been work on porpose by the pitch black official to see on posibilaties can happened and it is "pesanan" from home guest in the first place and yeah they killed it with fox 2 remeber viper is a good rate fighter in two circle fight. Remember its dhaif put much off salt in it to

Regard
We will know shortly.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Oh boy... what will be the headlines from the local news outlet if they knew f16 could survive against f35....

And some people will say F16 sudah cukup buat apa beli canggih canggih...

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Oh boy... what will be the headlines from the local news outlet if they knew f16 could survive against f35....

And some people will say F16 sudah cukup buat apa beli canggih canggih...
No, it will show them our F16 succeed on that engagement because support from RAAF assets (presumably SEAD, Link 16, AEW&C, etc), somethings that we don't have.

We still have a chance IF we buy those "canggih-canggih" stuff.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Dare to says that their proud stealth 5th gen fighter being Fu***d by 4 th gen inferior viper is somtheing special if they do
If this what happened, I'm sure that was not the first time. F-35 in USAF Aggressor Squadron are there to be killed. But they have such Squadron that they can find the way to killed the stealth and shares that to their forces and allies, meanwhile for us this exercise is the only way to know how to killed the stealth, for this case F-35.

Precious experience and kind of special they let us to know.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"To killed the stealth and their signature capability, crazy BVR capability your radar can't never compete, you need this, that, dadadada......."

Indonesian govt: "wow.... that's lot of money and commitment" lol

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"Buat apa mahal mahal mending buat subsidi...."
Anyway, if 08&AURI intended to buy awacs, how many of it should be bought? To complement few squad of rafale, f15...
2 should have been enough for now.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom