Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

wahyu845

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My best guess about Indonesian Air Force Fixed wing asset composition in near future

Attack/Multirole fighter/Air Superiority: Mirage 2000-5 /- 9, F-15 EX, Rafale F4, F-16 A/B/C/D/ block 72, Su 27/30, KF-21

Light fighter/Ground Attack/LIFT: T/A50i, Hawk 109/209

Ground Attack: A 29 Super Tucano

UCAV MALE: CH4B, ANKA S

UAV Recce MALE: Aeronautics Defense Aerostar UAV

UAV Recce light : Aeronautics Defense Orbiter, PUNA Wulung

Recce Aircraft: C295 special mission

Patrol Aircraft: Boeing 737 2X9 , CN 235 MPA , NC212 i recce

Airlifter/Tanker : KC130 B , A400M

Airlifter : C130 B/H/J, L100

Medium Airlifter : CN235, C295

Light Airlifter : NC212

Troops transport/ passenger/VIP : Boeing 737, Dassault Falcon 7X/8X

Trainer : KT1 Wongbi, Grob G120 TP, Cessna C 182, Cessna C172, Cessna T41
why F 35 is not on the list Attack/Multirole fighter/Air Superiority ? :)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Qatar takes first Mirage 2000s
17 September 1997

Save articlePlease Sign in to your account to use this feature
Julian Moxon/Paris

Dassault Aviation has delivered the first three of 12 Mirage 2000-5 fighters to Qatar from its factory in Merignac, Bordeaux, as it continues to battle to win a major order for up to 80 aircraft from the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

ADVERT

The versions delivered to Qatar are the first to be qualified for air-to-ground missions as well as for the original Mirage 2000-5's air-defence role. The aircraft come from a production line which is already engaged in the delivery of 60 air-defence variants to Taiwan.

Qatar is understood to have paid for air-to-ground qualification of its aircraft, indicating a likely purchase of French air-to-surface weaponry. Dassault, however, declines to reveal which air-to-ground weapons have been, or may be, purchased by Qatar.

The Qatari Mirage 2000-5s were shown with an export version of the Matra BAe Dynamics Apache runway-denial/cruise missile, called the Black Pearl, during the Qatar delivery celebration on 8 September. Since the contract was concluded in 1994, Matra has consistently refused to comment on claims that a variant of the Apache was included in the Qatari deal.

ADVERT

The three aircraft delivered initially to Qatar will be used for training Qatari Emiri air force pilots at the French air force's training centre at Mont St Marsan.

The battle for the order from the UAE is being fought against Lockheed Martin, offering the proposed Block 60 variant of the F-16, and Eurofighter, with its EF2000. Dassault is proposing both the Rafale and the -9 version of the Mirage 2000.

Source: Flight International

From this article Qataris Mirage 2000 is actually delivered since 1997, comparable to our Hawk 209/109 fleets. They are already equipped with Air to Ground mission along with Air to Air profile. My bet the most expensive package for Indonesian Air Force deal is actually to refit and overhaul not only for the platform itself but also the considerable number of their Apache ground attack missiles, along with the necessary support equipment

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,385
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The battle for the order from the UAE is being fought against Lockheed Martin, offering the proposed Block 60 variant of the F-16, and Eurofighter, with its EF2000. Dassault is proposing both the Rafale and the -9 version of the Mirage 2000.
Not related about Indonesian plan to get Mirage 2000. About this, back then MBZ personally choosing the F-16.

“The seduction appears to have worked. The U.A.E. has spent billions on American jets and weapons systems, and visitors to M.B.Z.’s office say they still see stacks of military magazines there. In the early 1990s, M.B.Z. told Richard Clarke, then an assistant secretary of state, that he wanted to buy the F-16 fighter jet. Clarke replied that he must mean the F-16A, the model the Pentagon sold to American allies. M.B.Z. said no, he wanted a newer model he’d read about in Aviation Week, with an advanced radar-and-weapons system. Clarke told him that that model didn’t exist yet; the military hadn’t done the necessary research and development. M.B.Z. said he would pay for the R. & D. himself. The subsequent negotiations went on for years, and though M.B.Z.’s hardball tactics angered some Pentagon brass, “he ended up with a better F-16 than the U.S. Air Force had,” Clarke says. In the decades to come, M.B.Z. would make clear that if the United States military refused to accommodate him, he would be perfectly happy to shop elsewhere — even in China, which has sold inexpensive drones to the Emirati military in recent years. Still, the United States remained his most important relationship by far.”

When the country is you wkkw

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
what about the weapon? could they sell to us something like JASSM?

Don't know about the chance but one thing is for sure, my company already offered, but in my honest opinion big chance a very big ones at that , Indonesia is going to acquired European solution like Taurus Kepd and also SCALP missiles. Don't ask about my source for my own conjecture...

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,396
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
We're getting close

Better hurry up @Knowledgeseeker
Change of plans ;)
F15-EX (2).PNG

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,527
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Don't know about the chance but one thing is for sure, my company already offered, but in my honest opinion big chance a very big ones at that , Indonesia is going to acquired European solution like Taurus Kepd and also SCALP missiles. Don't ask about my source for my own conjecture...
Could European solution to be given permission fitted on the F15s?

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom