Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You add weapons, simulators, spares, maintenance, and Performance Based Logistics support for five years, it becomes $132 mil/jet.

You add offset business (like India) it becomes $264 mil/jet.
Is this even legit? Can you provide sauce?
$264 mil is double the price of Rafale package, what will India get? Radar, engine technology?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,408
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
154365985_3432126940228958_2110174605100714320_o.jpg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
$264 mil is double the price of Rafale package, what will India get? Radar, engine technology?

Most likely, they intended to push more offset to help them to developing their local Made fighter and to secure the supply chain at the same time.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I already put the sauce in the original post. Here I re-attach it again.

What will India get? Plenty. Our friend @Nilgiri has posted a couple examples.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Still no X ?
Not sure if I understand it right, but I heard that carrying live missile could shorten its storage life. If it's true, the Xs incl. AMRAAMs will only be carried during real confrontation.

Those 9Ps could be old stocks nearing their expiration date that will be used for AA training.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,408
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Not sure if I understand it right, but I heard that carrying live missile could shorten its storage life. If it's true, the Xs incl. AMRAAMs will only be carried during real confrontation.

Those 9Ps could be old stocks nearing their expiration date that will be used for AA training.
the AIM-9P5 is fairly new.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
the AIM-9P5 is fairly new.
So that probably means they have enough stocks to not worry about expiration date anymore.

Though I wonder what do you mean by "fairly new". If those P5 arrived sometime around ten years ago, then they are nearing their solid propellants' expiration date.

I ask this because I don't know when those missiles arrive here or whether there were several procurement batches that the ones we see now are from the older batch or something.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,408
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So that probably means they have enough stocks to not worry about expiration date anymore.

Though I wonder what do you mean by "fairly new". If those P5 arrived sometime around ten years ago, then they are nearing their solid propellants' expiration date.

I ask this because I don't know when those missiles arrive here or whether there were several procurement batches that the ones we see now are from the older batch or something.
10 years ago?? I suppose the P5s delivered here as part of weapons package for the 52ID no??

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
10 years ago?? I suppose the P5s delivered here as part of weapons package for the 52ID no??
That's why I asked. I vaguely recall - probably from TSM or Angkasa magazine - that our F-16 A/Bs were already armed with 9Ps.
That, and the deal with 52ID was with 9X IIRC.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,408
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That's why I asked. I vaguely recall - probably from TSM or Angkasa magazine - that our F-16 A/Bs were already armed with 9Ps.
That, and the deal with 52ID was with 9X IIRC.
cmiiw

-F-5 Tiger II come armed with P2s (retired already)
-F-16A/B come armed with P4s,
-F-16C/D come armed with P5s

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
cmiiw

-F-5 Tiger II come armed with P2s (retired already)
-F-16A/B come armed with P4s,
-F-16C/D come armed with P5s

So the question now is whether the plane in @JATOSINT tweet was F-16A or C.

In any case, if that photo indicates that we're using live missiles for patrols and don't have to worry about those missiles' expiration date anymore, then it's all good.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,526
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Most likely, they intended to push more offset to help them to developing their local Made fighter and to secure the supply chain at the same time.
Will we able to do the same (have the money, allowed to get ToT, and able to absorb the ToT).

We won't get critical tech transfer from KFX, might try to get it from France, menjahit belajar dari korea, jeroan belajar dari perancis, and will be useful if we want to built our own jet in the future. Kalo ya.

Nasi tumpeng rasa baguette khas korea jadinya ntar.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Will we able to do the same (have the money, allowed to get ToT, and able to absorb the ToT).

We won't get critical tech transfer from KFX, might try to get it from France, menjahit belajar dari korea, jeroan belajar dari perancis, and will be useful if we want to built our own jet in the future. Kalo ya.

Nasi tumpeng rasa baguette khas korea jadinya ntar.

Most likely yes. The French are ready to give aplenty. Much more than what the Koreans are willing to give.

Quote from Korea Joongan Daily :

"The offers put out by France, which one Korean defense industry source said included a much larger transfer of fighter jet technologies, has enticed Indonesia, and according to French publication La Tribune, the two countries are close to a deal."

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,408
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That was in 2015, MLU viper hasnt become a program yet at that time. That was for 24 F 16 C/D block 52..
could be for the eMLU, the falcon star project started in September 2017, a year after. so they maybe bought it in advance??
2222.PNG

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,408
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So the question now is whether the plane in @JATOSINT tweet was F-16A or C.

In any case, if that photo indicates that we're using live missiles for patrols and don't have to worry about those missiles' expiration date anymore, then it's all good.
it's very likely be a C, the A/B are in que for the falcon star upgrade.

but who knows.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom