Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

l3onhard

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Could f16 block 52id even carry amramm? As far as I know they can't.
Not sure if I understand it right, but I heard that carrying live missile could shorten its storage life. If it's true, the Xs incl. AMRAAMs will only be carried during real confrontation.

Those 9Ps could be old stocks nearing their expiration date that will be used for AA training.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So that probably means they have enough stocks to not worry about expiration date anymore.

Though I wonder what do you mean by "fairly new". If those P5 arrived sometime around ten years ago, then they are nearing their solid propellants' expiration date.

I ask this because I don't know when those missiles arrive here or whether there were several procurement batches that the ones we see now are from the older batch or something.

Indonesia Air Force bought hundreds if not near thousand unit AIM 9 ex Bundeswher and refurbished them along with the other old stocks in the inventory. They got a lot need of AIM for fighter and NASAAM units too.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indonesia Air Force bought hundreds if not near thousand unit AIM 9 ex Bundeswher and refurbished them along with the other old stocks in the inventory. They got a lot need of AIM for fighter and NASAAM units too.
Refurbished? Not upgraded?
Then they all still an old tech thou

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Refurbished? Not upgraded?
Then they all still an old tech thou
Old tech but still useful for training, no? As I wrote before, no need for holding back or "eman-eman" anymore if we already got hundreds of Sidewinders on our storage.

Aassdimenso

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do you have any news article regarding that procurement since it's the first time i heard it and would like to know more.

l3onhard

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They can!!
If yes, then why I have never seen an f16 block 52id on air that carry live amramms. The ones that carry amramms on air are always the mlu ones. Is this bcs we are lacking in stocks of amraams ?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,406
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How do you know? Luftwaffe iirc don't uses P series sidewinder (which is suited for untrusted allies) instead they uses the L/M models.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Do you have any news article regarding that procurement since it's the first time i heard it and would like to know more.

Not that glorious ones though, they are trying by using third party some batch had been delivered before

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Not that glorious ones though, they are trying by using third party some batch had been delivered before

ohhh....so thats what might happen to be the case. I was always wondering why they get caught since very unlikely rekanan did that kind of thing without restu. Instead doing it with appropriate channel they were trying to do "kashogi" way & got caught by US or got snitched. Whatever that is this thing is more clearer to me now. Thanks man 😁

deadlast

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
2 352
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If yes, then why I have never seen an f16 block 52id on air that carry live amramms. The ones that carry amramms on air are always the mlu ones. Is this bcs we are lacking in stocks of amraams ?
84-1309_001.jpg

USAF F-16C block 25 #84-1309 from the 111th FS descends through the sky over the area of responsibility on May 19th, 2007. F-16s fly close air support sorties in support of OIF. On June 30th there were 73 close air support missions flown. [USAF photo by SSgt Grady Epperly]

Back when still used by USAF, F-16C block 25 #84-1309 during Operation Iraqi Freedom now transferred to Indonesian air forces under Peace Bima-Sena II program as F-16C block 25/52ID TS-1636 under TNI-AU 3rd Sqn.

https://www.f-16.net/aircraft-database/F-16/serials-and-inventory/airforce/TNIAU/

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,854
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Screenshot_20210228-164649_Instagram.jpg

Are they sure next government still gonna commit to buy those 18 rest rafale?

Still waiting for DSCA for EX here...

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 15115

If the next admin is the current MoD there is no problem

Jaka45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 15115

Is this guy can even be trusted ?

Seem like OG formiler in FB think this guy is a con and doesn't have any credibility at all.
And this page also only getting attention after F-15EX things come out so...

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Seem like OG formiler in FB think this guy is a con and doesn't have any credibility at all.
for me just take it with grain of salt....and his information sometimes same as other trustworthy source like military_buzz, defenceview and medef_id....they seems like acknowledge each other especially second to last if you look at their IG and looks like they have same source so...btw what happened with airspacereview nowadays? their stand now more like Rusky fanboys instead of neutral media like it used to be? they create another "drama" with F-15EX which is can create "chaos" and confusion within formil?

Last edited:

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

i believe there's trustworthy group but not in the form of facebook nor instagram page (more like an messaging app group) , that rumour or either news could get passed down into another group circle by one of the member who are inside that particular trustworthy group , i think the nasams leak incident happened to get spread like this too , sometimes it gets passed down into a multiple branch circle group who own military enthusiast page and sometimes the information get misintrepreted from the first source .

though seeing how volatile and dynamic the indonesian procurement progress are (even thing can change in the near inch line of effective contract signing) , better take any news from page like that with a ton of salt .

Tomcat101

If I'm not mistaken, he is

If I'm not mistaken, he is Mawasorangutan from old kaskus formil

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom