Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

reashot_xigwin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Vanuatu
Nation of origin
Vanuatu
how about patent issue if we want to change the US technology with French technology, are we allow to do that?
The goal is to sell the planes. The Korean doesn't care what techs going inside it as long as they can sell it. But it depends whether or not the Korean would allow another variant of the plane to be created. Also we still don't even know what techs we got from the french.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
how about patent issue if we want to change the US technology with French technology, are we allow to do that?

I believe we can, it is because we are developing the fighter together with Korea. Even for countries who dont develop the fighter like India and Malaysia in relation with Sukhoi they can also do it with permission and the help from OEM. Any way, Indonesian engineers engaged in the program has already said that DI can freely upgrade the plane in the country.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
KFX/IFX engineers from Indonesia support the continuation of the program by the way. So I dont get for people who dont engage with the program can talk like he know what is inside the program.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
if we want equal right with SK then we should bear 50% of the costs and risk, only then will it be a fair and mutual cost and risk sharing which will also give us a fair and equal rights.

reashot_xigwin

Reactions
Nation of residence
Vanuatu
Nation of origin
Vanuatu
if we want equal right with SK then we should bear 50% of the costs and risk, only then will it be a fair and mutual cost and risk sharing which will also give us a fair and equal rights.
The korean won't allow it that's why the Turk leave in the first place. The Korean will not give equal share of the KFX to any nation especially when they want to profit from it.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,485
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Does $8 billion development cost only for the aircraft itself (airframe) and maybe some sub-components or the whole complete aircraft?

Does the radar that being developed by Hanwa is using their own money?

San.geuk

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I believe we can, it is because we are developing the fighter together with Korea. Even for countries who dont develop the fighter like India and Malaysia in relation with Sukhoi they can also do it with permission and the help from OEM. Any way, Indonesian engineers engaged in the program has already said that DI can freely upgrade the plane in the country.

from my asumsion,
we try to reduce our share in kfx to ~15% from 20% because the US not share their tech to Indonesia, they only share it to Sokor, and we try to develop our own version in assistance from france, but the korean not agree to reduce our share and negotiation still deadlock but when our party try keep the number to 20% and we want more access, but negotiation still deadlock, the korean dont want to reduce our share and if commit to 20% they also dont want to share their technology?
this is from my perspective

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
from my asumsion,
we try to reduce our share in kfx to ~15% from 20% because the US not share their tech to Indonesia, they only share it to Sokor, and we try to develop our own version in assistance from france, but the korean not agree to reduce our share and negotiation still deadlock but when our party try keep the number to 20% and we want more access, but negotiation still deadlock, the korean dont want to reduce our share and if commit to 20% they also dont want to share their technology?
this is from my perspective

Based on recent DAPA statement, look like the deal is quite likely to be achieved this year. Any way our official have already been invited to come to the roll out ceremony in April, including DPR Chairman and Commission 1 Chairman.

Bappenas Chief has also visited DI yesterday.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,616
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Pesawat belum kelar udh ngitung duit aja.
Rather than optimistic vibes, the number quoted in the article seems to me like desperation instead.

It might be because they're also facing heavy criticism about the program on their own or something else entirely, but that's just my assumption.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
The korean won't allow it that's why the Turk leave in the first place. The Korean will not give equal share of the KFX to any nation especially when they want to profit from it.
well good for them, as you can see even with only 20% share we have proven that we are an unreliable partner.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
CAATSA would help the sales.

Not only that, UAE and Saudi will likely not buy F 35 by seeing how Biden administration acts recently. Despite KFX still has US technology like engine but the weapons are already European and Korean and the OEM is not US company, so it may be seen as alternative by Gulf nations (Saudi/UAE/Bahrain/Qatar).

They could still be able to buy KFX due to the fact they are part of US allies in the Middle East, but they would avoid buying F35 that could be over sensitive for Democrats. They dont want to be caught buying F35 during Republican party administration and end up cannot buy additional missiles during Democrats rule.

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,386
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

That video showing KFX Simulator and also manufacturing process.

Our involvement on this project are good btw. PTDI engineers (and others if also involved) are gaining experience from it. That are very good for our next project like Elang Hitam UAV.

If I'm in the Komisi 1 DPR, I will lobby my friends to forget about the price tag of this project. And also, lobby the MoD to stick with this aircraft (ok also if MoD also want other aircrafts. But stick to this aircraft is a must).

Last edited:

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Not only that, UAE and Saudi will likely not buy F 35 by seeing how Biden administration acts recently. Despite KFX still has US technology like engine but the weapons are already European and Korean and the OEM is not US company, so it may be seen as alternative by Gulf nations (Saudi/UAE/Bahrain/Qatar).

They could still be able to buy KFX due to the fact they are part of US allies in the Middle East, but they would avoid buying F35 that could be over sensitive for Democrats. They dont want to be caught buying F35 during Republican party administration and end up cannot buy additional missiles during Democrats rule.

One advantage that the Koreans have is the development cost of KFX is very cheap (about $10 bil). Their 4.5th gen fighter competitors like Rafale and Eurofighter have about 4x higher development cost. So it means they can sell it much cheaper than their competitors.

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Based on recent DAPA statement, look like the deal is quite likely to be achieved this year. Any way our official have already been invited to come to the roll out ceremony in April, including DPR Chairman and Commission 1 Chairman.

Jokowi too...

Aghost132483

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If Jokowi invited and he attend or send envoy to attend the launching, I think we still in KFX/IFX program.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Jokowi too...

Nice, Indomiliter which is actually only a military blog can make an initiative to call KAI representative. I dont know why Indonesian journalist working in mainstream media doesnt do such kind of action, even they dont try to approach Indonesian engineer, particularly the program manager that is currently in Indonesia to try to go deep into inside the program. They are only interviewing when there is an event where all of the sources are already in front of them.

San.geuk

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I hope there is some win-win solution

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,847
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
KFX mungkin.jpg

Follow us on social media