Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions

View attachment 15769

look at this beast
its an oerlikon millennium gun on steroids

do we have any plans to procure something like this?

View attachment 15769

look at this beast
its an oerlikon millennium gun on steroids

do we have any plans to procure something like this?
"Both systems can be used for force protection and vital asset protection, with the Skyranger 30 focused on the unmanned aerial system threat and the Skyranger 35 being able to counter a wider air threat set that includes rockets, artillery, and mortars."

Case in point is what you want when in today's battlefield you are likely going to be dealing with drone swarms.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Buy F16v, Rafale, T50 and pay for KFX.
Why bother paying for something that we don't receive enough tangible result in return (KF-X)❓
Best to just procure something from 🇰🇷 to help ease the butt hurt, and move on.

Building new capital city should be postponed because of increasing risk of future conflict, it would cost more taxpayer money that better be allocated to defense sector. Not to mention it need new military bases, radars, and more connectivity to ensure its safety.
The grave mistake is it is more closer inside strike range of you-know-lah.
Moving the capital to Borneo have a lot of domestic politic weight. One shouldn't expect to be able to effectively defend against external threat if it's a powder keg ready to blow on the inside. Moving the capital to Borneo will help to ease the risk of that domestic powder keg to blow up.

Although I agree with you i am still leaning towards building new capital city.

Yes we definitely need new alutsista and stuff, and Kalimantan would be easier to invade, currently most of our military power is concentrated in Java and also population in Java is huge (huge potential of militia to support the military), while in kalimantan is still quite sparse, if in java any invaders even if they succed to land they will be always under constant threat of our military or militia, there are people and settlement all over Java, and in Kalimantan there are still many place that can be used by invaders to hold their ground and strengthen them self.

Short term solution is pergeseran kekuatan, long term would be bigger defense budget = more shopping = more alutsista.
Invading entice landing boots on the ground + occupying force. And I strongly doubt 🇨🇳 will be willing to risk such high risk less return endeavour. If it's closer to striking distance, then the solution is to improve our overall air defence. Beside why bother striking Borneo if they can always strike the northern coast of Java using submarine.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Edited. Better dont use rumors and media who dont understand the actual situation and even dont want to dig into the real source. Lazy journalist or part of PR campaign ????

Last edited:

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
dissinformation
I don't think "disinformation" Is the right word for the case here.

Disinformation, misinformation, and mal information are different. You have to learn more about that.

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,543
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My best guess is MAM L families, rocket pos for hydra or FF FAR and if possible MK 82
It would be good using precision guided munition only, there is communication delay between pilot and the drone, not good for unguided weapons.

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Honestly better to just license build the FA-50 as a low cost replacement for the Hawks and build some experience in jet manufacturing rather than stick with the KFX program.
I wonder IF 🇰🇷 would be willing to accept such an option in exchange for 🇮🇩 withdrawing from the KF-X program without penalty. Its certainly better option (Win - Win solution) than procuring another Chang Bogo class boat for easing the butt hurt. Although I extremely doubt the current MoD would be willing to consider a light weight / cheap fighter plane for routine air patrol task.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
It would be good using precision guided munition only, there is communication delay between pilot and the drone, not good for unguided weapons.

TAI CIRIT always open to us, the Turks offered them several time

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1615447646759.png

1615447655460.png

for a drone like that , a glide munition is more than enough .

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
I wonder IF 🇰🇷 would be willing to accept such an option in exchange for 🇮🇩 withdrawing from the KF-X program without penalty. Its certainly better option (Win - Win solution) than procuring another Chang Bogo class boat for easing the butt hurt. Although I extremely doubt the current MoD would be willing to consider a light weight / cheap fighter plane for routine air patrol task.
Which is ironic since historically and doctrinally having a ton of cheap lightweight fighters spread out throughout the country doing routine patrols would enhance coverage and sortie time

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My best guess is MAM L families, rocket pos for hydra or FF FAR and if possible MK 82

We do have a lot of Hellfires in stock, if you can pay Lockheed enough it would help having a common pool of laser guided missiles.

All precision guide Hydra 70 variants would fit nicely. Lockheed Martin have DAGR, BAE have APKWS, etc.

It'd be nice though to have ToT on laser guidance kit so we can develop our own precision guide rockets.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Which is ironic since historically and doctrinally having a ton of cheap lightweight fighters spread out throughout the country doing routine patrols would enhance coverage and sortie time
Perhaps MoD have its power projection itself.

What more i think is, put a huge population of F 16 with AIM 120, still adequate to counter northern terror; and its will be better if equpped with aerial radar.

I dont know if AF and MoD will have a new doctrine bout Fighter power projection.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Indian list quite long, compared to us....

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom