Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Man, TOT Rafale is mostly nothing, believe me. Just give the detail if it is true.

My statement doesnt have anything to do with Rafale
Road map you're talking about, is it about IFX or New project?

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Road map you're talking about, is it about IFX or New project?
IFX, Def Minister has already seen it as essential as the team has also suggested it. It is to include LEN, Info Global and others, just like MALE UCAV Road map and Consortium. It is to master fighter jet tecnology beyond PTDI core competency as design, fuselage manufacture and main integrator.

But of course this road map will be gone if we dont continue KFX program and get 1 prototype as wahana to gain experience and research....

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Need government support to realize, but Mindef has supported it.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Long term bro, nothing can be achieved instantly.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
IFX, Def Minister has already seen it as essential as the team has also suggested it. It is to include LEN, Info Global and others, just like MALE UCAV Road map and Consortium. It is to master fighter jet tecnology beyond PTDI core competency as design, fuselage manufacture and main integrator.

But of course this road map will be gone if we dont continue KFX program and get 1 prototype as wahana to gain experience and research....
Well, for Info global, they can replace those BAE supplied avionic inside cockpit with their own.

Kafkaesque

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Man, TOT Rafale is mostly nothing, believe me. Just give the detail if it is true.

Wherever the source of ToT, or if we can develop on our own, I truly hope it will works. It may be true that it doesn't make sense economically right now, but we have to think long term and for our strategic interest. I wont be surprise if in 2030 we have acquisition budget of 3 billions USD per year, just for Air Force alone.

My statement doesnt have anything to do with Rafale

I know, that's why I quoted you at a different / separate point.

(if anyone thinks I'm being "ngeyel" well.. sorry - not sorry, this is the second time I had to correcting people for misinterpreting / misreading and / or quoting only parts of my post and ended up as a misinformation of my original points - in a span of few hours, in this thread alone)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

That prototype will be assembled here or send as "barang jadi" from korea?
(I heard two different rumors)

buzztami

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Bold: One-fifth of a stone, even.

Even if we're only granted the rights to produce our own version of KF-21, I think that's already a lot. Especially considering that PTDI's aim is mostly centered around the CFRP composite manufacturing.

As for other hi-tech like airborne radar, avionics and other sensors, like it or not, we're still several steps behind S.Korea that we should aim to catch up by ourself.
I think people's expectation on PTDI is too high. PTDI as well as KAI is plane manufacturing. They don't develop avionics, radar, sensor etc. There must be some other company doing that. Let say LEN? or another Private company. I think PTDI is in the right direction, they after the CFRP technology, and fighter design tech.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,856
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
About KF21 rebranding, it doesn't have to be bird, yes?
How about IF-21 "Ahool"
Screenshot_20210409-200010_Chrome.jpg

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How about IF-21 "Ahool"
View attachment 17886

don't forget the words "..... HITAM"

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The KFX/IFX looks really kool,I hope they integrate cutting edge sensors and make it having situation awareness

I doubt that, they would using as much as COTS solution as possible to cut corner and easier for production (cost and timeline). Korean peninsula is not as safe as you think so, war can errupt anytime

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How about IF-21 "Ahool"
View attachment 17886

We'll probably name it after the weaponry of "wayang" characters who can fly like Gatotkaca or Antasena :)

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
Tbh that admin has always been biased, since like last year i noticed his constant framing of opinion by pretending to be mouthpiece for South Korea, that's a very fake attitude and it is not our responsibility to listen to him

whatintarnation

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Saudi Arabia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Guys, i come back here to check of your opinion regarding the F-21 debut. What do you guys think about it?
overall i'm extremely happy with recent developments, hopefully we'll also be able to fulfill our side of the deal very soon

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom