Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,783
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My own personal speculation would be; depends on whether we get permission to have Eagle II or not. Our AU still maintain heavy fighter doctrine air supperiority use afaik. Those Hercules deal was made when Matis was in charge of SoD as part of bargaining chip to have caatsa waiver, Im not sure if its still apply or not in todays current condition & with the new US administration.
I think Hercules and Viper, and if we're going ahead with Rafale, we need to buy other american fighter,

Maverick

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think Hercules and Viper, and if we're going ahead with Rafale, we need to buy other american fighter,
and then...voilaa!..everything as rumoured/predicted/speculated...Rafale + Eagle II..and Viper/ secondhand falcon for Kohanudnas :)

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
KASAU visiting lockheed martin office , bethesda , maryland
Man, I should spend less time on games since my first thought when reading "Bethesda" was about "Why did our AF chief visited a game company?" 🤪

By the way, in 2018 the previous Air Force Chief of Staff also visited Lockheed Martin. Now here's another visit by the current TNI-AU Chief. So... :unsure:

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

By the way, in 2018 the previous Air Force Chief of Staff also visited Lockheed Martin. Now here's another visit by the current TNI-AU Chief. So... :unsure:
If you look closely to R4duga's picture there is a sign with Indonesian flag on it. I believe its an airplane structure being build for TNI-AU.
Tho it kinda slow I am just happy the contract finally been active and in progress 😁

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If you look closely to R4duga's picture there is a sign with Indonesian flag on it. I believe its an airplane structure being build for TNI-AU.
Tho it kinda slow I am just happy the contract finally been active and in progress 😁
Yes, I've already seen it. Although it's probably not an indication whether it's the first airframe that's being built or whether there's another that's already in a more advanced stage of production. But since the latter won't have exposed frames for our Air Force Chief to sign on to, so...

Hopefully we'll receive the first delivery by the end of this year.

Edit: I stand corrected. It seems that it is the first C-130J production for TNI-AU.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
As i know the Super Hercules is operated with only 2 pilots and a loadmaster.

"During the visit, the Air Force Chief also hoped that the aircraft would also be equipped with various aircraft support equipment and facilities, including seats for the navigator and engineer in the cockpit of the aircraft."

WhatsApp%2BImage%2B2021-05-17%2Bat%2B13.52.30.jpeg

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Yes, I've already seen it. Although it's probably not an indication whether it's the first airframe that's being built or whether there's another that's already in a more advanced stage of production. But since the latter won't have exposed frames for our Air Force Chief to sign on to, so...

Hopefully we'll receive the first delivery by the end of this year.

Edit: I stand corrected. It seems that it is the first C-130J production for TNI-AU.
Yes you can see the series production number: 62J-01.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,366
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

"During the visit, the Air Force Chief also hoped that the aircraft would also be equipped with various aircraft support equipment and facilities, including seats for the navigator and engineer in the cockpit of the aircraft."

so is it the original J series or the elongated (J-30) one ?

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,605
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
including seats for the navigator and engineer in the cockpit of the aircraft
It's either he hasn't understood yet that the Super Herc only needs three crews / two pilots and a loadmaster to operate, or that they don't want to change the crew assignments too much from our older Hercs.

Whatever it is, I hope it won't cause too much redundancy or, worse, lack of crews if we decide to buy more C-130J later.

J-30, based on LM's brochure that was released in June.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Based from the Lockheed Martin C-130J Operators pic i posted above looks like Indonesia's Super Hercules is the C-130J-30 variant.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,783
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

It's either he hasn't understood yet that the Super Herc only needs three crews / two pilots and a loadmaster to operate, or that they don't want to change the crew assignments too much from our older Hercs.

Whatever it is, I hope it won't cause too much redundancy or, worse, lack of crews if we decide to buy more C-130J later.

J-30, based on LM's brochure that was released in June.
Oiii.. @Madokafc LM salesman.
Can you give us more information?

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I just hope our J don't FFBNW something that we need to put more crew in the cockpit.
I don't think that can be called FFBNW. How could an aircraft that was designed with a 3 crew by adding 2 more crew considered a FFBNW? More like we are adding more costs to that aircraft. The avionics system is for a 2 man crew in the cockpit. It will reconfigure the cockpit design and avionics by adding more crew in the cockpit. Cmiiw.

Btw do our current operational Hercules have any lavatory (toilet)? Coz the Air Force Chief wants the Super Hercules to be equipped with lavatory (toilet).

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
IMHO our Herc J would still retain all the avionics of standard J model anywhere in the world. What may not be present is the defensive suites

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Indonesia awaits new-build Hercules

14th September 2021 - 02:32 GMT | by Gordon Arthur in Christchurch

New aircraft - including transport, air-to-air refuelling and amphibious aircraft - are on their way to Indonesia.

It has been confirmed that the Indonesian Air Force (TNI-AU) has five new C-130J-30 Hercules transport aircraft on order from the US.

ACM Fadjar Prasetyo, the air force’s chief of staff, visited Lockheed Martin’s production site in Marietta, Georgia, on 7 September. He was photographed alongside a C-130 cockpit section bearing the Indonesian flag, indicating that production of at least the first aircraft is already well underway.

In a statement released the same day, Prasetyo said the C-130Js would enhance Indonesia’s airlift capabilities. He added that the type would continue to be the backbone of TNI-AU operations ...

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom