Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There is lot that you can double dip in weapons platform ecosystem be it missiles, sensors, and radars into AF anyway....by focusing on growing the biggest (use) ecosystem that is navy (that I see for Indonesia critical defence strategy up to 2050).

Indonesia should also consider ramping up naval aviation big time.

It is a maritime state....it has to really go big here.

That's the only way to ensure our Independence, to safeguard our Air and Sea domain

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I’m not only talking about Rafale dan F15 EX, but the entire modernization program that is currently in the pipeline. The RMP disagreement between MoD and MoF is happening and will prevent the realization of bulk modernization because MoF simply don’t have 15% cash as RMP. Why MoF insisted to put money they don’t have as requirement? If MoF can’t even provide the 15% RMP to MoD it will be ridiculuous to make it as an obligation, whereas you actually don’t need it. Or MoF just want to make life difficult for MoD?

RMP will lower the interest payment? Where do you think the 15% will be coming from? Govt bonds market! It will be coming from utangan too, with higher interest rates.

MoF is much cleaner than MoD? Cleaner doesn’t mean clean right?

You dont answer the question why MoF insisted to put 15% RMP while the budget is tight and the lender doesn’t require any down payment (0%).

Even bothering is the fact that the RMP will be coming from MoD own budget. Why MoF wants to make MoD life miserable?

It’s a simple scheme. MoD wants to buy everything upfront in bulk, and pay the cicilan every year around Rp30 Triliun (from their already allocated budget for procurement) for the next 15-20 years. MoD is able to secure zero down payment commitment with the lenders (who offer bery low interest rates and longer payment period), so the procurement can go ahead as soon as possible. But suddenly MoF insisted to put 15% RMP as an obligation upfront (which is they don’t have the money anyway).

logic?

MoF broke law so many times and getaway with it. Do you know how they make up budget shortage during pandemic since tax collection is low? By breaking the law! Getting loan trough ‘creative’ law bending mechanism.

and you still talking about prudent fiscal policy?

RMP can be written off if deemed necessary by the government. In this case, all the related ministries, DPR and the president itself has agreed to MoD scheme. The only ministry that doesn’t agree (yet) is MoF.

About the interest rates, how can you beat G2G loan interest rates with market (B2G) rates? MoD will mostly use G2G loan, whereas MoF always seek loan from the market (commercial). That will be a huge rate differences. And please enlighten us here at defencehub, what is the average interest rates that MoF has been secured from commercial market in the last 7 years of Jokowi’s admin? It’s 10,4% for God sake! Are u kidding me?

Rata-rata bunga utang pemerintah Indonesia 10,4%

Dude, I'm liking what you post here. You definitely should post more :)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, the episode seems to be long. Definitely not just an aftermath :)

After getting humiliated by the US in Australia, wonder if he knows that his beloved fighter is currently in another fierce battle against the US products in another Indo-Pacific country :)

Humiliated by the US second time in a row? Surely that will send even stronger earthquake across EU :D

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
Well then, this could also be translated as "If the US refused to offer us those weapons and we have to buy ones with similar capabilities from Europe, that will cost us more for integrating them into F-16V, why not just buy fighter from an European country which have those weapons already integrated in the first place?"
Because a lot of European made weapons still don't integrate with aircraft of European origin. Some French weapons don't even integrate with the Eurofighter, and some UK weapons don't integrate with the Rafale. It's the same problem but more expensive since you're basically paying the European premium. The F-16 is the most plentiful fighter aircraft in the world. There's already a plethora of non US weapon options you can choose from that's already integrated with it with US approval.

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,539
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Perpres no 85 tahun 2021, there is budget for five year to build up facilities in Natuna

View attachment 32426 View attachment 32425
Any details about the target that they try to achieve?

Well, the episode seems to be long. Definitely not just an aftermath :)

After getting humiliated by the US in Australia, wonder if he knows that his beloved fighter is currently in another fierce battle against the US products in another Indo-Pacific country :)

Humiliated by the US second time in a row? Surely that will send even stronger earthquake across EU :D
I hope they will be more independent from the US, I think that will good for us.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Any details about the target that they try to achieve?

I hope they will be more independent from the US, I think that will good for us.

Drone !!!
Screenshot_20210929_091550.jpg

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think you can just put it on F16 without "ribet" if the original country use it for F16 too

That pretty much makes Turkey as our only realistic option then? I mean, sure, Israel, South Korea and Japan have also developed weapons for their F-16 (or F-2 in Japan's case) although once again, I don't know much about SK's range of products to comment. On the other hand, while Japan is going to mass produce their ASM-3 soon (which capabilities are vastly superior to Harpoon), I don't know whether they will allow it for export.

Regarding Israel, while I don't care if we decided to buy Israeli weapons but this will likely cause political uproar by some people here.

Because a lot of European made weapons still don't integrate with aircraft of European origin. Some French weapons don't even integrate with the Eurofighter, and some UK weapons don't integrate with the Rafale. It's the same problem but more expensive since you're basically paying the European premium. The F-16 is the most plentiful fighter aircraft in the world. THere's already a plethora of non US weapon options you can choose from that's already integrated with it with US approval.

Ah yes. The "sejuta umat" jet fighter. If it's a car, it's probably similar to Toyota Kijang or Avanza here and I mean it as a compliment.

Anyway, as I stated before, I'm not against F-16V especially if it objectively is the most cost-effective solution to what the Indonesian air force truly needs and if it comes complete with other weapon packages (anti-radiation, stand off missiles, etc).

I still hope to see F-15EX in TNI-AU marking soon, though.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
wonder if he knows that his beloved fighter is currently in another fierce battle against the US products in another Indo-Pacific country
Oh he knows. I would like to think that he already briefed his ministers and related parties to win Rafale and Scorpene contracts here at all cost.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,539
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There is plans for sarpras and alpalkamla, hoping for some new military bases (navy, army, air force), and the budget should not only for TNI but also bakamla, bakamla need budget to strengthen them self in Natuna (sarpras, kapal, operasional).

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,539
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyway, as I stated before, I'm not against F-16V especially if it objectively is the most cost-effective solution to what the Indonesian air force truly needs and if it comes complete with other weapon packages (anti-radiation, stand off missiles, etc).

I still hope to see F-15EX in TNI-AU marking soon, though.
What are you? A tsundere?
Ba... baka... ÒωÓ

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom