Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Chestnut

Professional
Reactions
Well, the episode seems to be long. Definitely not just an aftermath :)

After getting humiliated by the US in Australia, wonder if he knows that his beloved fighter is currently in another fierce battle against the US products in another Indo-Pacific country :)

Humiliated by the US second time in a row? Surely that will send even stronger earthquake across EU :D
It's even stupider when you realize that the US government WANTS Europe to not be so dependent on the US, instead of the other way around. Every time the US gives any signal or indication of pulling back forces and funds from Europe, the EU literally starts complaining. Hell even France enjoys having it's military partially funded by US defense aid. The reason the US defense budget is the highest in the world is because some of it is spent investing into the militaries of the EU.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I still hope to see F-15EX in TNI-AU marking soon, though.

We share the same sentiment. Since we got zero chance to buy their 5th gen, the US fighter that I want now is only F-15EX.

Anyway, we need nuance in military procurement. Indirect offset for our export commodity is also important. EU (especially Germany & France as the two biggest economy) and UK (post-Brexit) need some work.

It's even stupider when you realize that the US government WANTS Europe to not be so dependent on the US, instead of the other way around.

I'd like to see this happens. Really interested to see how it'd change the geo-political landscape. Unfortunately, there's still NATO who binds them all.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Unfortunately, there's still NATO who binds them all.
NATO disintegrated, win for Russia. They can eat all the countries there without fear of Article 5 and put their big brother government (too powerful as Russia and PRC now) in their captured new countries.

That's their aim actually since the Cold War, but continue again after Putin and its Silovik government in power. Not spreading communism anymore, but anything that can disintegrate countries.

I personally called Russia as Intelligence owns a country instead of Country owns Intelligence lol.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,545
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I personally called Russia as Intelligence owns a country instead of Country owns Intelligence lol.
How about China? Political party owns a country?

We share the same sentiment. Since we got zero chance to buy their 5th gen, the US fighter that I want now is only F-15EX.
Be it European or US, I think its hard for Indonesia to get their 5th gen or 5++.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How about China? Political party owns a country?
100% agree. Istana Kaisarnya (Dinastinya) ya Partai CCP itu, but not monarchy tho. Forget the communist word right there, their economy already capitalist now, siapa punya modal atau berani utang untuk modal buat perusahaan atau beli saham dll, ya silahkan.

That's why Democracy needed, it assumed have self-repair mechanism. But don't think Democracy doesn't have disadvantages, the achilles heel are the people that vote itself lol.

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,545
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If there is a country that decides to constantly sending their plane buzzing to our airspace and force us to scramble our jet to intercept, we will be having a bad time because the airframe will accumulate flying hours faster and engine keep being used and need to be replaced faster, the quantity of our fighter now is still a meh. (Also the quality)

New jet fighter with low operational cost is still a good idea.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Any deal through FMS since 2020 until now ? I just curious about it, because I kind of suspicious that MoD doesn't like FMS. It's complicated if you ask me why I have this suspicion, CMIIW.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,545
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Such as? Rafale? Lol... of course not lah ya.
>Rafale
>Low operational cost
Maybe it will be cheaper to operate if it can fly with one engine.
He's talking about Gripen C/D 🤭
Who else is Gripen stan in this thread Except @Parry Brima ? Pls raise your hand.
For me the choices will be FA50/F16/Gripen.

If SK integrate Taurus KW to FA50, then it will be more appealing than Gripen, no need new type of airframe.

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,545
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is it available on the export market?
I am not sure about that.

@Madokafc IIRC didn't you said we got involved (or interested?) in development project with LIG Nex1 on some kind of missile, this Taurus KW I think. Idk I may be wrong it was old discussion in the old place.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I think its hard for Indonesia to get their 5th gen or 5++.
Naaah, we don't need those. We already have pijat++ anyway...
...err...

:eek:

Anyway, does anyone have any news about KFX/IFX that I may have missed? Regardless our reasoning - whatever they may be - about our delayed payment for the KFX, I still want to see that we'll get our act together very soon and finish what we started in this project to completion. At the very least, this should give us a lot of valuable experience in managing jet fighter production as well as a lesson about how not to mismanage it.

I know that this is a long stretch, but after seeing that we finally put our money where our mouth was, one can dream that someday Japan might offer their assistance to develop our version into a proper 5th gen fighter or even better, offer us to join their 5th gen fighter project if they decide not to join the Tempest program.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,858
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1. Buy F16 and FA50 as many as our money allow us.
2. Be serious with IFX
3. Build US aproved Defense technology security office here.
4. Absorb knowledge from F16 and KFX as many as possible.

these are good enough for me. 1 squadron worth of Eagle if we lucky enough.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,547
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1. Buy F16 and FA50 as many as our money allow us.
2. Be serious with IFX
3. Build US aproved Defense technology security office here.
4. Absorb knowledge from F16 and KFX as many as possible.

these are good enough for me. 1 squadron worth of Eagle if we lucky enough.
We need the long term commitment from our govt to do point number 2-4 which we rarely have 😅
offer their assistance to develop our version into a proper 5th gen fighter or even better, offer us to join their 5th gen fighter project if they decide not to join the Tempest program.
If i may added your wishlist : France FCAS

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,545
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
offer us to join their 5th gen fighter project if they decide not to join the Tempest program.
This.

But they already starting it, and now we are still involved(tapi gaje) in KFX.

Ngarep biar Jepang molor 10+ tahunan, terus mungkin kita bakal diajak, mungkin loh ya.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
about our delayed payment for the KFX
If I'm the one that decide that, I will not gonna pay that because I need the money now not 2027/8. The question is how to divert the money for KFX? Pay another 3 party companies?

*if you know what i mean then you know. One of the worst scenario that I can think about what is actually going on. Not pointing at someone, just for fun.

What we can do is just wait.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom