Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
I believe it will be a big slap to us if Thailand could get F-35 full package despite being much closer to China militarily than Indonesia.

Imagine Thailand get F-35 while Indonesia got rejected. Oh boy, I bet the higher up in TNI & Kemhan would be mad.

The implication of how US have bigger trust to Thailand than Indonesia despite Thailand's military is much closer to China.
Let's assume there is a chance to get F-35 after we get F-15EX

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I believe it will be a big slap to us if Thailand could get F-35 full package despite being much closer to China militarily than Indonesia.

Imagine Thailand get F-35 while Indonesia got rejected. Oh boy, I bet the higher up in TNI & Kemhan would be mad.

The implication of how US have bigger trust to Thailand than Indonesia despite Thailand's military is much closer to China.
US has long history with Thai. They even stationed their USAF in Thailand in vietnam war.

So we won't get Boeing AEW&C platform.

There's two implications here, either we will choose other solution than Boeing for AEW&C or we drop AEW&C project entirely in this MEF.
I dont know. Maybe yes, maybe no. It's just their discussion isn't that serious right now.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Interesting. Someone there said Indonesian rich businessman (usually Chinese descendant) who obviously interlinked with rich decision makers militarily and politically, who have money saved up in Singapore will prevent any invasion on Singapore by Indonesia because their money is in Singapore lol.

Really interesting. Knowing how it works up there, that opinion is not unreasonable.

Just like the rumor of how no country invade Switzerland because rich people from other countries saved up their money there.

Oh well, back on topic. I hope we could have AEW&C soon.

AEW&C acquisition I think will be happening, we must see the month of April to confirm that, not relatively long from now to see whether it will be included for 2023 budget or not. For the rest of 2022 I think the only possible new order is just 2 Scorpene submarines, by seeing the available budget (RMP for loan activation), some order for local defense industry will also to happen, including new order ( could be one of them is 10 CN 235 order as Prabowo promise and has been backed by President himself ) and MRO deal.

2022 budget for defense equipment spending should meet President law requirement (50% for local defense industry, 50% for foreign products ( in the form of RMP)

Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,848
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
in my wildest dream, give them some little time, if they can't fulfill our request, go all European instead, must be hurt losing 13 bilion usd
No sir, I don't think they gonna hurt that much.
That trade deficit need to be closed.

And wasn't it 08 himself that already okay with F15?

San.geuk

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Still pushing for EF I see.
more I see the US as untrusted ally to us, if lighting finally landed in RTAF, since nowdays Thai lead by junta, and their connectivity with Chinese in their military aquisition program , named it submarine and lpd

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom