Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
T-7A Red Hawk, taken from Boeing website.

redhawk1.jpg

redhawk2.jpg

For $27 mil (USAF price), it's worth to start inquiring for our LCA needs while we're negotiating the details with Boeing for F-15EX.

Last edited:

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions

Seems like airbus made their own airborne UAV, with A400. Wonder if we could try with upcoming AURI A400,
Well, the best idea is probably to make one wingman platform for both A400 and Boramae, this will simplify our logistical needs instead of operating different wingman models for different planes.

Btw yesterday's infographics made me concerned, I mean our F-16s. It seems like their capabilities are underwhelming, and there are major differences between the two variants. I think we should upgrade and standardize them somehow, probably lobby for F-16V upgrade for all current F-16s? If we keep them as they are right now, they would not be able to keep up with the upcoming new fighters.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, the best idea is probably to make one wingman platform for both A400 and Boramae, this will simplify our logistical needs instead of operating different wingman models for different planes.

Btw yesterday's infographics made me concerned, I mean our F-16s. It seems like their capabilities are underwhelming, and there are major differences between the two variants. I think we should upgrade and standardize them somehow, probably lobby for F-16V upgrade for all current F-16s? If we keep them as they are right now, they would not be able to keep up with the upcoming new fighters.

Wish they Made one which can fit into C130 family as a standard. Of course if they can Made it fit into the Hercules you can fit them everywhere else. And that's too very reasonable as Hercules had been used among countries who developed the A400, like Germany (on order), France, UK, and Turkey.

SpeaX

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
A part from defense cooperation, there is "Energy transition cooperation", it seems this is a follow up on National Energy Policy seeking nuclear powerplant. French 's nuclear powerplant largely as a response of oil crisis in 1970s, and so far the country is largest nuclear powerplant operator in Europe. But lately Europe are starting leaning toward renewable energy amidst climate change and Fukushima disaster, Germany itself under Merkel, committed for pashing out its nuclear plants by this year. Since nuclear powerplant is inevitable, wondering if the plants will be situated in the area following the IKN project to cope seismic and flooding threats to powerplant, any info on this and also some context to our defence strategic planning related to obvit security ?.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I’ll wait for it. But looks like Ukraine didn’t gave permission to US Ospreys and MC-130(J)s to flew to Ukraine yesterday or few days ago. Speculation, that aircrafts were meant to evacuated US diplomats out to of Ukraine to Poland where that aircrafts from.

Leaked Israel evacuation plan also more toward land evacuation than through air.

my take is, when Russia invade Ukraine further, the rendevous point will be in Lviv first. After that, the next move would be taken.

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If it is only around around one hundred of civillian, great chance they would use those Boeing 737 classic as platform. Maybe they would take several stops at friendly countries

Another scenario that proves that AU needs long-distance transport planes

I’ll wait for it. But looks like Ukraine didn’t gave permission to US Ospreys and MC-130(J)s to flew to Ukraine yesterday or few days ago. Speculation, that aircrafts were meant to evacuated US diplomats out to of Ukraine to Poland where that aircrafts from.

Leaked Israel evacuation plan also more toward land evacuation than through air.

my take is, when Russia invade Ukraine further, the rendevous point will be in Lviv first. After that, the next move would be taken.
Perhaps the evacuation plan will be for WNI to be evacuated first to a nearby country via land

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom