Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw, for intermezzo. If only F14 Tomcat is in production run and still being operated by the US Navy, and they bring more modern version of it (like including AESA radar, HMD, JHMCS, advance Pod, more powerful engine and so on). She can easily being one of the most potent and lethal Air Superiority Fighter even by today standard.

This is an everlasting beauty

View attachment 40154

Even an F15 must hold the beer high

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw, for intermezzo. If only F14 Tomcat is in production run and still being operated by the US Navy, and they bring more modern version of it (like including AESA radar, HMD, JHMCS, advance Pod, more powerful engine and so on). She can easily being one of the most potent and lethal Air Superiority Fighter even by today standard.

View attachment 40154

Agree, but that swept wing disgust me.

I mean we can't use the wing as hardpoint yet need much maintenance due to moving parts. Tho about weaponery i think its still capable to bring AIM 9/120.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Agree, but that swept wing disgust me.

I mean we can't use the wing as hardpoint yet need much maintenance due to moving parts. Tho about weaponery i think its still capable to bring AIM 9/120.
First You got disgust by Boramae, and now even mighty Tomcat too. 🤣

What's your ideal fighter jet really?

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 40154

ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).jpg

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 40154

Iran : "Come to papa"

message-editor_1545033037332-iriaf-f-14.jpg

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Tbh the key is to concentrate forces in an event of peer-to-peer air combat. The key to US victory at the Battle of Midway is that they were able to concentrate airpower on to a single point at a critical time. While Japanese failure was the exact opposite, they divide forces and couldn't get enough planes in the sky at one time, even worse they split the focus on the enemy fleet and also the Midway island.

So the paradigm that stretched and spread out geographical area requires also stretched and spread out air assets isn't always a correct assumption. Because the concentration of force beats dispersion of force. During the Japanese invasion, KNIL actually has an adequate number of airstrips spread across the country, but these were proven to be useless due to them being empty or only having a limited number of capable planes. Even if we assume they are all manned equally with a full squadron, that wouldn't be that effective against the Japs fleet anyway, because it would lack concentration of mass. KNIL already failed with their idea of hiding their planes behind, instead of going all out early, which could've struck a major blow to the invasion force.

If we imagine an adversary having 160 planes and we have 60, but they spread that 160 out to 5 different points, hence each squadron of 32 planes, we could still potentially beat them if we could concentrate and combine all or most of these 60 planes at a single point. That's a general idea, so put our situation into that perspective, which one makes more sense, whether we copy the idea of spreading the squadron out? or to concentrate? I personally use this illustration to argue that our geographical area has less to do with how the means or ways our air capability should be developed, because defense policy has a greater impact than geography in my opinion.
"Defeat in Detail"

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 40170
Credible defense be like

We need to upgrade all of the F-16 to 4.5 gen standard, very urgent

To me, is not worth the money and time. As long as they can fire Amraam d and can fire guided munition that's all the best. Better to spend more money on new better capable platform.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,564
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
new better capable platform
anyway, i am a bit curious, with the upcoming bomb truck F15, to maximize its lethality we need much ammo/bomb than nowadays (f16ID< f15EX payload). we do have the money right to armed those f15?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
anyway, i am a bit curious, with the upcoming bomb truck F15, to maximize its lethality we need much ammo/bomb than nowadays (f16ID< f15EX payload). we do have the money right to armed those f15?

Mk82 would do if you don't have money 😁😁

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
1645658814170.png

Pure comedy 🤡

This is a pre-alignment wedge diplomatic strategy by China, the goal is to preserve our neutrality as to prevent us from getting closer diplomatically to the West despite the fighter jets purchase. China tries to distract attention from implicating any shift in power balance as being (potentially) against them and try anything, no matter how absurd, to frame everything in their favor (or at least, not in the West's favor). Their diplomatic game is basically fake till you make it, literally halu their way through everything. Most notably used in Taiwan issue, where they deny that Taiwan is even a country, then diplomatically isolate Taiwan from the rest of the world, to eventually annex them.

This framing, however, is easily debunked by the F-15EX plan, because it's clearly a move to please Uncle Sam, and the trend keep shifting Westward. So how should we react? well, we can use their tactics against them tbh. So both China and The West, bother to try swaying Indonesia to either keep us neutral and not interfere in regional power politics or move slightly towards either side. We can use this to pressure both sides to do our bidding and bluff them diplomatically, while we are buying some time until Indonesia is in "prime condition" to be a truly independent actor.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,488
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
We could produce Mk-82 type bombs, but we must import the guidance kit.

Follow us on social media

Latest posts

Top Bottom