Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That is Indonesian defense procurement in a nutshell, a.k.a the kind of circus that Indonesian defense & military enthusiasts have been exposed to for decades.
We still can’t change anything lol and I don’t think it will change that soon since any political parties still filled by those who born in 60s or 70s, okay if its bright people, they only offer chants of Merdeka, Indonesia negara kaya SDA etc etc. Political party is the answer for change in democratic society rather than fight in the bloody revolution like want to change the status quo in undemocratic authoritarian state.

Actually i want for PSI to be like Taiwanese DPP, but their performance now just too bad that they almost have no influence at all even to their target demography, younger voters. But anything can change, it was even possible for Aidit’s PKI to rise even more than before even after Madiun Affair and Razia Agustus by Soekiman’s admin that known fall apart because signed the MSA. That PKI thing just as example to rise even better than before rather than backing so called people or buruh-tani party grip to the country and put anything including private bourgeoisie owned companies to be controlled by the people (technically state) to create classless society.

We even have a public figure who is often interviewed by the media here who strongly 'suggests' that we should buy J-10s instead of more F-16s and J-20s since the U.S. declined our wish for F-35s.
This kind of people here just earn the platforms so much and almost no one with the same resources or platforms countering them, actually these kind of people are everywhere, they just hate and wanna be contrary to western world or establish world order and backed the idea of multipolarism to beat the west.

The bad side of it is they almost have no plan at all to bring us other alternatives against their so called degenerate west, which could made us only end up like Iran, NK, Russia etc, just too driven by the spirit of against West and give no better alternatives. The keywords is better alternatives. Why people have to be with them? their offers for heavenly society instead of satanic western society? I don’t buy that bullshit lol, not even believe one out of thousands or even more religions. Just give me good reason and solid evidence, I’ll take that, enough offering fantasies.

sorry for the wall of words lol

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,781
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You can if you can get the permission to do it from plane & missile manufacturer. Of course, if you also dare to committed lots of money & time. Knowing our habits, even if we somehow got the permission, we won't dare to commit money and time.
Yeah.
In case of Ukraine, they don't care about its original manufacturer opinion. 😂

TechNamu

Reactions
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
South Korea
You can if you can get the permission to do it from plane & missile manufacturer. Of course, if you also dare to committed lots of money & time. Knowing our habits, even if we somehow got the permission, we won't dare to commit money and time.

and the existing Russian launcher on Indonesian Sukhoi probably cannot be used for Amraam integration. My guess is that Ukraine has received Polish MiGs which are already retrofitted with NATO (read, American) launchers & software that are compatible with American missiles. Even then, I suspect AGM-88 HARM were launched in some sort of passive mode.

This is one of many reasons why Indonesia is better off throwing away all of their Russian combat aircrafts and buying the platforms that are compatible with American weapons, but I guess It will take some time for Indonesia to achieve such goal.

Last edited:

Soman45

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1660275083474.png

Credit : Lockheed Martin

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
At this point A squadron worth of F15 (don't have to be full USAF Eagle II config), modified all our Falcons to Vipers, and commit to IFX are enough for me.
Dont worry man, at least the 6 birds out of that 42 birds is still looking good. Give us time to absorb those heavy diesel/gasoline subsidies impact this year first and hope for the best 😉

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,781
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Together, we protect freedom 🫡.

Btw, isn’t it the first time TNI AU exercise with F-35 (from RAAF)? Or maybe just SHornet?

Edit: USMC F-35 also arrived. Let our pilots complain to the higher ranks that they have no room to win because of F-35 BVR capabilities lol.

“Just rely to RAAF E-7”, said Air Force that has no AEW&C aircraft

Last edited:

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,351
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How?
They don't even have matching data link (said a certain someone)
I don’t know lol. Actually if they have matching data link, E-7 can direct the AMRAAM from the fighters to the target, so the fighters only be kind of like weapon extension for the E-7. That’s only one of the example.

Edit: too much 'for'
Remember when TNI AU actually chose Su-35 as their preferred choice? Yeah

And Rusky fanboys still preferred it because of joged joged ability.
I don’t think dogfight is a 'priority' when BVR is a thing now

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom