Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'd argue that at our current technological competence level, it's still a few steps ahead for us to develop a loyal wingman drone instead of a manned jet fighter aircraft.
ehhhmm.. its actually far more behind. Anything with the buzzword "autonomous" need not only AI enabled chip as their brain, but also serious human capital to write the algorithm. And so far I have yet to see any even in commercial / industrial application

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
BTW, guys let's not forget about this shall we. This plane can defy gravity :eek:

6zctr8.jpg

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Boeing is concerned about the ability of Southeast Asia's biggest economy to finance the jets, with Indonesia insisting on paying in installments, said the people. The meetings ended without a conclusive outcome, meaning plans to sign the deal before the end of this year will likely be delayed, they said.

Maybe it's time for you to shine, @Madokafc ?

FoodSoldier

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Everyone pay with installment. I think the problem is on the choice of lender. Boeing may have their own lender who is not what the MoD proposed (remember Qatar vs UAE lender leak?)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Boeing is concerned about the ability of Southeast Asia's biggest economy to finance the jets, with Indonesia insisting on paying in installments, said the people. The meetings ended without a conclusive outcome, meaning plans to sign the deal before the end of this year will likely be delayed, they said.

Maybe it's time for you to shine, @Madokafc ?

Considering that SMI loves Top Gun 1-2 so much, maybe what she wants is SHornet Block III.

It's the cheapest of all as well.

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm starting to suspect that Boeing ask us to pay $14 bil for 36 F-15EX (compare that to Finland $9.4 bil for 64 F-35) because they want us to pay for their $2.5 bil penalty due to 737 MAX failure.

edit : they allegedly lost many 737 MAX orders as well

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm starting to suspect that Boeing ask us to pay $14 bil for 36 F-15EX (compare that to Finland $9.4 bil for 64 F-35) because they want us to pay for their $2.5 bil penalty due to 737 MAX failure.

edit : they allegedly lost many 737 MAX orders as well
if they're that desperate why deny installments sceme?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,851
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Everyone pay with installment. I think the problem is on the choice of lender. Boeing may have their own lender who is not what the MoD proposed (remember Qatar vs UAE lender leak?)

It's not about the installments, more about the number ($14 bil).

Btw, FMS scheme means we pay to the US Government, not to the manufacturer.

Us -> Creditor -> US govt -> Boeing

like this?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom