Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
IMO Mirage will fill the gap while F16 undergo upgrade (C/D), those 23 might take sometime to complete and we cant afford to have quantity reduced in readyness for the next couple of years I assume. The brand new one as I always said will still be on the table as an option, the need, the budget, the politics and the production time table will decide whether we are going to add additional brand new viper or not. As for F15EX, I still havent see the "hillal" yet 😁

How many mirage it will be?
Enough for 2 squadrons worth Mirage?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,852
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Did Mirage offer few decades ago has something to do with him or something?

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
How many mirage it will be?
Too early to tell, its not a standing alone project so to say. It depends on alot of things that interact closely to one another. But for now at least one sqdr is probably the minimum numbers as those Mirage will need to have maintenance rotation along the way as well. My guess is about 18-24 number of Mirage, this number should be the minimum numbers to have. If we could get closer to India and France those Mirage might be our best bet in terms of parts avaiability when things getting hot in the region.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,398
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My guess is about 18-24 number of Mirage, this number should be the minimum numbers to have.
If it Qatari Mirage 2000 as heard around before, the number is only 12. No other information around that said we get it from other source than that publicly.

Indonesia is kind of like India in my head

chibiyabi

Contributor
Reactions
3 411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Togo
He is pessimistic about Eagle but Prabowo still said we gonna buy not long ago.
like mado said, it will happen, just matter of time n look for flexible fiscal opportunity..too many cost if we run from US, big chunk of garment n shoes export go to USA.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
AURI Foreign Loan budgeting 2020-2024
Screenshot_20230511-200443_Facebook.jpg

Source: Lembaga Keris FP

Where does AWACS belong to? Special Mission Aircraft, or in point 6th with ADS 400 batteries, and thales gci?

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom