Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,850
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
F15EX plis

“Another example concerns the procurement of fighter jets. While the TNI proposed F-16s, Prabowo chose French jet Rafale from Dassault instead. The source says Prabowo has in fact built a closer relationship with French arms producers like Naval Group and Dassault.

Another source says Prabowo doesn’t have any personal problem with Yudo and there is no tension between them. However, the source stated Prabowo objects to the TNI Law revision because it would reduce the Defense Ministry’s power.”

About who’s idea is it, Tenggara Strategics stated like this,

“The idea to revise Law No. 3/2004 on the Indonesian Military (TNI Law) emerged after a presentation document from the TNI’s legal division widely circulated. Sources said the proposals did come from the TNI headquarters, not the Defense Ministry.”

The didn’t cited the source, but Tenggara Strategics of Jakarta Post and Universitas Prasmul is for sure gonna be responsible about it for the sake of credibility.

Not bad, but when you have this kind of situation, all things very top-down, the decisions made gonna be what is best for the MoD, not the military. Yes, civilian leadership is a must and have to be preserves, but the decisions made have to be for the best of the military, not only what the best for the MoD. Don’t also put that fully to the military for they would be too strong without anyone checks and balance them.

I’m not talking just about the fighter jets tho, but any other things to come too, not just about alutsista also.
Make me wonder between Eagle or Vipers, which one Air Force prefer?

morningstar

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,393
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Make me between Eagle or Vipers, which one Air Force prefer?
Air Force’s Bobcat Plan put Rafale and F-15EX as their choice, but deep down who knows. Me personally, I’m okay with F-16 and FA-50 only as aircrafts with ‘T’ tail markings.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,850
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Air Force’s Bobcat Plan put Rafale and F-15EX as their choice, but deep down who knows. Me personally, I’m okay with F-16 and FA-50 only as aircrafts with ‘T’ tail markings.
they were pretty enthusiastic about F15 and Rafale, but bellow that yeah I don't know either.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Make me wonder between Eagle or Vipers, which one Air Force prefer?
Not that simple, there will always be some disagreemant between TNI & Kemenhan. Its not going be "bad" all the time, as other said if both sides has no hidden agenda and got quality people behind them it will be a good compromise at the end for both side. Obvious example is Jet FIghters purchase always related to foreign policy, diplomacy, economic and on going geopolitics situation. Those small variables alone can alter the type and origin of the intended assets. When we put air force doctrin/op.req in the mix the type of the aircraft choices might be getting very small to the point that only one type/made fighters left. So yeah, its complicated and compromise need to be done in a way that it might affect other things such as high operational cost, logistics problems, maintenance problems, etc.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,519
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Bull wants Flanker

Let's test Jokowi and Prabs, are they Yes men too or not?
So why do you want Flanker? Is it because it have AESA radar? Interoperability with other assets? Easy maintenance and easy to get spare parts? Its combat capability?
Her: because its cool.

Mentang-mentang beliaulah yang dulu membeli sukhoi sampai segitunya memuja flanker, Rafale dengan AESA radar + meteor AAM mah lewat... soalnya bukan buatan Ruski, plenker mah rajanya langit F22 dan F35 mah kalah.
Klop banget sama emak2 yang satunya, yang kemarin ketemu putin.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is part of political stunts, preparation for Election times. All in the guise with which platform is the best for Air Force. Joko Widodo likely would endorse Prabowo and gearing him for the next election, all the way in the cost of deteroriation his relationship with his political party, especially after previous debacle over U20 world cup, the indication for such tendencies is plain to see.

In technical terms, are Chinese solution is available to Indonesia? Including to overhaul and modernizing the fleet we already have? I am suspected Chinese Flanker is one of the best varians out there, especially with their long range AAM, AESA radar, new HUD and plethora of guidance pods

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,850
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
This is part of political stunts, preparation for Election times. All in the guise with which platform is the best for Air Force. Joko Widodo likely would endorse Prabowo and gearing him for the next election, all the way in the cost of deteroriation his relationship with his political party, especially after previous debacle over U20 world cup, the indication for such tendencies is plain to see.

In technical terms, are Chinese solution is available to Indonesia? Including to overhaul and modernizing the fleet we already have? I am suspected Chinese Flanker is one of the best varians out there, especially with their long range AAM, AESA radar, new HUD and plethora of guidance pods
I don't think Chinese Flanker available for international market. China is still bound by an agreement with Russia not to sale their Flankers to foreign country, that's why They can copy and produce Flanker for PLAAF scotch free.

If not all flanker user would lining up since long ago.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,538
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Why dont seek for India solution? I dont trust PRC could be dependable partner in the next decade.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom