Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Found on the facebook, forgot to screencap. Cancelling both F15EX and IFX for 100 mix Su 30 & 57.
Also
this one?
1716468145185.png

As long as it's not 08 who wants it, it's alright. I just think of it as a pebble in our procurement program. KSAU doesn't have much say in the KFX and F-15 (especially KFX). Does he want our government to cancel those two programs so we can switch to SU-35 and SU-57 given the current geopolitical situation? Pure nonsense.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
this one?
View attachment 68200
As long as it's not 08 who wants it, it's alright. I just think of it as a pebble in our procurement program. KSAU doesn't have much say in the KFX and F-15 (especially KFX). Does he want our government to cancel those two programs so we can switch to SU-35 and SU-57 given the current geopolitical situation? Pure nonsense.
Buying Russian stuff now will risk a sanction, there is also funding/payment issues.

IFX: will affect bilateral relationship.

For KASAU to:
Buy Russian stuff -> its just a bad decision (at least for the current situation).

Cancel IFX -> not his place to make such decision/ announce such statement unless it is being secretly ordered by President or Memhan.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,662
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Like I said, KSAU would need to make:

1. Russia leave Ukraine unconditionally, while they're currently winning
  2. Putin to step down from power
  3. Putin hand himself over to the Hague
Then CAATSA will be irrelevant and we could actually talk about negotiating Russian jet.

Switching from F-15EX to Su-57 only makes sense from a technical standpoint.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
this one?
View attachment 68200
bingo

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Found on the facebook, forgot to screencap. Cancelling both F15EX and IFX for 100 mix Su 30 & 57.
Also

this one?
View attachment 68200
Let me guess the source of that cropped FB was from Zona Jakarta? :D

And why wrote "seb" instead of "sebanyak" if its an official document? Its questionable about the authentication of that cropped FB post.

Just baseless claim. The Air Force Chief surely knows about CAATSA and its implications.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

And why wrote "seb" instead of "sebanyak" if its an official document? Its questionable about the authentication of that cropped FB post.

Just baseless claim. The Air Force Chief surely knows about CAATSA and its implications.
I dont know,but i saw it from M.Hilmi FP

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

I don't know where that cropped photo came from, but the point is if this rumor was just mentioned by 1 or 2 people, I could just say 'meh'. But when all of those 'Sepuh formil/Insiders' on X are commenting on this, even LembagaKeris is commenting, so I'm inclined to believe that this is 80% true.

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't know where that cropped photo came from, but the point is if this rumor was just mentioned by 1 or 2 people, I could just say 'meh'. But when all of those 'Sepuh formil/Insiders' on X are commenting on this, even LembagaKeris is commenting, so I'm inclined to believe that this is 80% true.
The cropped FB post didn't even mentioned who made the statement. Is it the current and new Air Force Chief or the previous one?

It would be better to see the whole document rather than a cropped paragraf. And if its true the final say would come from 08.

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,227
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
KSAU Chairs Meeting on Development of Defense Equipment Procurement for the Indonesian Air Force

This activity was filled with presentations from each TNI AU procurement task force regarding developments in the procurement of Rafale aircraft, Airbus A330 MRTT, radar, Sukhoi 27/30 jet upgrades, as well as UCAV-4 and UCAV Anka.

So there was repeat order for CH4? How many did we buy?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,662
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I wonder what more upgrades they could fit on Su-27/30. Past upgrade includes:

• Add on EW pod ✅
  • Upgrade from N001 to N001VEP ✅

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If we buy SU-30 for commonality sake, it will just be SU-30.
If we buy SU-35, its a new species and just buying in a low number, meh.

BUT HEAR ME OUT!!!

What about we sell our old Flanker 27/30, and in exchange we buy large number of SU-35 or maybe SU-57, and possibly get some ToT. Just like "tukar tambah".

Russia is not in really good shape, maybe they are even willing to consider this dafuq of a suggestion.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,431
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
US not gonna let Indonesia or anyone breaching CAATSA and US just close their eyes. That would be ‘bad precedent’ for US and make other actors think that CAATSA and other restrictions by US just paper tigers because US doing nothing about that.

Anyone for it either too blind with international affairs and ‘risking’ Indonesian C-130, Indonesian backbone for aerial transport, to be more costly and harder to maintain for example or too much hate or resentment toward US and the West, for whatever reason.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,636
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
and ‘risking’ Indonesian C-130, Indonesian backbone for aerial transport
I still remember how our C-130 fleet is rather crippled at time when we need them. During Aceh earthquake and tsunami cargo and transport plane is very needed, but alas we got slapped with sanction.

Back then our F-16 fleet is also in bad situation, and US decide to stir up trouble by sending their F-18 against us.

US not gonna let Indonesia or anyone breaching CAATSA and US just close their eyes. That would be ‘bad precedent’ for US and make other actors think that CAATSA and other restrictions by US just paper tigers because US doing nothing about that.

Anyone for it either too blind with international affairs and ‘risking’ Indonesian C-130, Indonesian backbone for aerial transport, to be more costly and harder to maintain for example or too much hate or resentment toward US and the West, for whatever reason.
More reason to not getting too reliant on US whims.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,431
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
More reason to not getting too reliant on US whims.
For some, the language they understand is reward and punishment. It is either more reward or more punishment to negotiate and navigate.

The wrong thing about embargo of Indonesia back then was no ‘clear warn’ against the violations before it imposed as long as I know.

Suggestion, full speed rely to China, at least CAATSA not against arms procurement from China, good choice for transitioning.

schuimpjes

Experienced member
Reactions
3 1,431
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
‘clear warn’
Clear warn here can be understand as gertakan or small early punishment first lah. Not the whole punishment package that seen as ‘out of nowhere’. The language understand were reward and punishment, talking not the norm.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom