Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
36 Rafale plus 36 F15EX is already more than 70 planes of the top line fighter available in the market. Not to mention there is interim program already in the place and waiting for budget agreement in place for 15 Typhoon.

Once we get that 15 Austrian Typhoon T1, the door will be wide open for us to get more used Typhoon or even the latest T3/T4🤤.

Typhoon YAAAY. I just put this here 🤪

And also remember its integral part of the Airbus future System of a System

Need more Typhoon love in here :) .

frashis79

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Once we get that 15 Austrian Typhoon T1, the door will be wide open for us to get more used Typhoon or even the latest T3/T4🤤.

Need more Typhoon love in here :) .
well uk wants to retired 53 typhoon, so who knows we can get theirs also

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Typhoon YAAAY. I just put this here 🤪

And also remember its integral part of the Airbus future System of a System

if you're the one who say Thypoon will come i think it will come.

But hey, put rafale, thypoon, Kfx alltogather didnt bring huge benefit to us..

I mean with rafale you'll get some TOT but have a more US$ spend for infrastructure, etc.

For thypoon its an old air frame and perhaps didnt as capable as IDAF newly retrofitted F 16.

And here our KFX wich didnt go any serial productiion.

All of the three have MTOW above 50,000 lbs.

For today warfare i think AShM and Precise Guidr Munition is a neccesary.
Judging from all of the list above, its ended up for my consclusion that our MOD mostly buy what he want, not the user want

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
actually if we have any shame left, we would have paid our shares or retreat from the program.

this administration didn't show much attention for strategic arms industry and purchase I must admit.

the Republic of Korea can off course build the jets with or without our participation, I hope whomever involved in the Indonesian side realized this and stop the dilly dallying with payments.

I second your opinion. At this juncture we really need to make up our mind, whether we want to stay and thus fulfill our commitment or whether we want to withdraw and make it clear to our counterpart and fulfill any outstanding commitment up to the date of withdrawal.

I believe withdrawing from the cooperation would cause more drawback than benefit, especially considering the time and resource that have been spent for nothing.

I have this "khayalan babu" thing, seeing that USAF is considering an F-35 lite to supplant its 5th gen fighter fleet and fill in the low cost fighter slot in USAF's fighter mix, and taking into account LM already have good cooperation with KAI, maybe just maybe, KFX can be that F-35 lite. In such a case, it would be such a loss if we withdraw from the cooperation with SK

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I have this "khayalan babu" thing, seeing that USAF is considering an F-35 lite to supplant its 5th gen fighter fleet and fill in the low cost fighter slot in USAF's fighter mix, and taking into account LM already have good cooperation with KAI, maybe just maybe, KFX can be that F-35 lite. In such a case, it would be such a loss if we withdraw from the cooperation with SK

I highly doubt this. What USAF Chief of Staff, Gen. Charles Brown, wants is to develop brand new 4.5th gen fighter using the digital engineering technique that Boeing used to develop T-7A Red Hawk trainer jet.

Boeing only needed 3 years to develop T-7A from computer screen to its first flight. USAF wants to repeat this feat to develop their new 4.5th gen.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,768
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I highly doubt this. What USAF Chief of Staff, Gen. Charles Brown, wants is to develop brand new 4.5th gen fighter using the digital engineering technique that Boeing used to develop T-7A Red Hawk trainer jet.

Boeing only needed 3 years to develop T-7A from computer screen to its first flight. USAF wants to repeat this feat to develop their new 4.5th gen.

But KFX already on prototype stage.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
yes, as KFX is no longer a design on paper and can be physically seen come April 1st, I think we can do a bit "ngayal babu" about its chance for F-35 lite :p

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But KFX already on prototype stage.

Exactly. He didn't talk about opening up a tender for international providers (like US Navy for FREMM). His aims is to develop it in-house using the most advanced digital engineering technique that the US have.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,768
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Exactly. He didn't talk about opening up a tender for international providers (like US Navy for FREMM). His aims is to develop it in-house using the most advanced digital engineering technique that the US have.
Oh okay...
It's actually a good thing for us.
I can imagine korea will just dump their unreliable partner and team up with LM if USAF ever considered KFX. 🤣

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Oh okay...
It's actually a good thing for us.
I can imagine korea will just dump their unreliable partner and team up with LM if USAF ever considered KFX. 🤣

Being dumped or not, I still want to see TNI AU operate KFX block-3 (the 5th gen version) in the future :)

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
It won't be a prank isn't it?

Didn't US already test flight a new fighter prototype? I don't think that they will be interested with KFX.
i think the image of KFX being assembled is all around the world wide web, among others:

Why won't they? at least the possibility is there.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom