Indonesia Indonesian Air Force, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Udara (TNI-AU)

Shadow94

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
screenshot_20210613-072152-png.22783

Shadow94

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
on the CNBC news site it was stated that the government had signed the purchase of 36 rafales, could that be an accurate confirmation? that there is already black ink on white paper?

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Last week, all the industrialists of the "Rafale Team" still held their breath. Indeed, while the technical and financial offer had been handed over to the Indonesian government, the United States Embassy had just launched an unprecedented lobbying offensive to block the decision of Jakarta. And this in order to allow Lockheed to make an economically more attractive offer in favor of its F-16 block 72. However, as long as the first deposit is not paid, Washington, already in difficulty on the contract for the acquisition of future Swiss combat aircraft, will not miss any opportunity to regain the initiative.

So it's French vs US now.

Last edited:

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Last week, all the industrialists of the "Rafale Team" still held their breath. Indeed, while the technical and financial offer had been handed over to the Indonesian government, the United States Embassy had just launched an unprecedented lobbying offensive to block the decision of Jakarta. And this in order to allow Lockheed to make an economically more attractive offer in favor of its F-16 block 72. However, as long as the first deposit is not paid, Washington, already in difficulty on the contract for the acquisition of future Swiss combat aircraft, will not miss any opportunity to regain the initiative.

They see themselves competing with Dassault Rafale and not Boeing F-15EX? I don't understand this. There's no way Indonesia buy both fighters from the US (Boeing EX and LM Viper). They don't seem to understand this "political aspect" of our procurement to get non-US fighters alongside the US one.

They should position themselves as the competitor for Boeing F-15EX to get our attention.

By offering F-35 for example :LOL:

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

^^^

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,571
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am not hoping about local assembly of Rafale/F16/F15, we will assembling our own IFX later. And also $, better to buy it straight from the factory = cheaper.

The subsystem however, I wish we can get some technology from it.

Shadow94

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They see themselves competing with Dassault Rafale and not Boeing F-15EX? I don't understand this. There's no way Indonesia buy both fighters from the US (Boeing EX and LM Viper). They don't seem to understand this "political aspect" of our procurement to get non-US fighters alongside the US one.

They should position themselves as the competitor for Boeing F-15EX to get our attention.

By offering F-35 for example :LOL:
just wondering, considering that Indonesia is not an ally of America, it seems very impossible to get the F35

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Go viper go viper go go!

If they able to pull "nikung" strategy, hats off to the salesman skills or maybe the envelop is just reeallllyyyy thick.
US government can't allow such method, they only allowed Contractor fee, consultants fee and such but the recipient must have specs to allow them to receive such priviledge

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I am not hoping about local assembly of Rafale/F16/F15, we will assembling our own IFX later. And also $, better to buy it straight from the factory = cheaper.

The subsystem however, I wish we can get some technology from it.

Better to build up our electronic aviation industry capability, and build the sub system components to allow us more proficient to handle IFX project at more equal level with our South Korean partner

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyway, 🇮🇩 better acquire something tangible enough from the 🇺🇸. And by "tangible" I was referring to something that made 🇮🇩 remain as "Regional Strategic Partner" for 🇺🇸, because I extremely doubt we can repel any 🇨🇳 attack on our own in the next 3 years

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom