Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
L55A1 should be retrofitted to the Leo 2 in its mid life upgrade. So does new engine (MTU 883) and new optics.
Nah, you didn't need newer gun. 120mm/L44 still enough to punch through any SEA MBT other than Leo 2. what you need is an AMAP upgrade for all Leo2, with upgrade for sighting. independence thermal and NV for gunner and commander that is mandatory. I don't know many but look from its appearance ID Leo2 mostly still use second gen thermal and Night vision with the gunner sharing its view along with commander. except you want to push in urban warfare you will need RCWS and APS.

for engine ? as long as its reliable it didn't need any upgrade, since the best doctrine I've learned for tanks is the combined arms of, air recon(and attack), infantry, and battle taxi; one that German do back then in Eastern front.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You know that Russia like to named each of its prototype with new name despite have commonality with existing stuff, named it Mi 8/17, Su-27/30/35/37, T-54/55, Mig 29/35 ?

If i can say radically, T-90 is bassically T-72B3 in steroid. It just add more optic, and add more ERA. (TBH, I hate ERA it's heavy and useless)

I think DM33 in Indonesian Army Inventory still capable to defeat frontal armor of T-90 armor Beyond 1500m. Not to mention thus "cacat design" thing that haunted Russian Autoloader tank series. But, hey. None tank that invincible, Say It Merkava Mk IV, those stuff never beat by any APFSDS.

If Army Cavalery want to give Current Leo 2 with MLU, i hope they installed 3rd gen Thermal, and NV, with independence panoramic periscope for the Commander.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Btw should the hike in fuel prices affecting Army operational readiness??

301953999_3302534103406914_843991949988181962_n.jpg

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
L55A1 should be retrofitted to the Leo 2 in its mid life upgrade. So does new engine (MTU 883) and new optics.

Nah, you didn't need newer gun. 120mm/L44 still enough to punch through any SEA MBT other than Leo 2. what you need is an AMAP upgrade for all Leo2, with upgrade for sighting. independence thermal and NV for gunner and commander that is mandatory. I don't know many but look from its appearance ID Leo2 mostly still use second gen thermal and Night vision with the gunner sharing its view along with commander. except you want to push in urban warfare you will need RCWS and APS.

for engine ? as long as its reliable it didn't need any upgrade, since the best doctrine I've learned for tanks is the combined arms of, air recon(and attack), infantry, and battle taxi; one that German do back then in Eastern front.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

If the Army got their own UCAV in the class of Reaper or TB2 Bayraktar great chance they would be under Puspenerbad command, for the small recce type UAV they would be under Dishubad just like what happened today.

I just doesn't know if the Army got their own loitering munition, logically this should be under artillery Forces command as they have more experience and equipment for long range recon and targeting strike

wahyu845

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If the Army got their own UCAV in the class of Reaper or TB2 Bayraktar great chance they would be under Puspenerbad command, for the small recce type UAV they would be under Dishubad just like what happened today.

I just doesn't know if the Army got their own loitering munition, logically this should be under artillery Forces command as they have more experience and equipment for long range recon and targeting strike
In the past, during the presidential debate with Pak Prabowo, Pak Jokowi emphasized the importance of UCAV / DRONE rather than buying tanks and others but now it's the opposite, btw tiger tanks are $ 7 m more expensive than TB2 $ 5 m

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,301
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Nah, you didn't need newer gun. 120mm/L44 still enough to punch through any SEA MBT other than Leo 2.
Only SEA ?

The current L44 + DM53 combo wont cut for any longer if everyone around is upgrading their armor fleet
what you need is an AMAP upgrade for all Leo2, with upgrade for sighting. independence thermal and NV for gunner and commander that is mandatory.
all of which need additional power to cope with the increase in weight and power generating.
for engine ? as long as its reliable it didn't need any upgrade,

---
MTU 883/890 1700hp with less space= less weight
europowerpack.jpg

that is more room for fuel, ammo etc. in short growth potential.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom