Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

AzeriTank

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,760
Nation of residence
Azerbaijan
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Harimau is tall because the hull it self is quite tall, can some one repost image of our Leo 2 and Harimau that is parked side by side, I think its somewhere in this thread.
As i said, nowadays, with hard kill protection systems, thermal cameras, drones, it doesnt really matter much how tall you are, new FCS will be able to see and shoot at you. Many countries believe the hight of tank is important to be able to withstand mines and EADs. Also, all new fighting vehicles are designed in a way that you are always add armor in case of need. Also, its super hard to get an engine over 800-1000hp. Look at what happened to Turkish Altay tank project. Thats why you have to give some tradoffs until 2025 When Turkey at least have these technologies in hand.
i to be honest also believe that you need to choose a heavier version with 8x8. 40 ton 8x8 has almost same protection of 50 ton IFV with the pallets. You see the driver side window here, all those front side was the added protection fhat i believe could even stand against tank round and first UK went with this design of Puma which is 37 ton. The future is there, you need more protection

Attachments

• E5E734C7-A5F9-4CD0-ABDB-F320D7823EF2.png
    E5E734C7-A5F9-4CD0-ABDB-F320D7823EF2.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 51
  • EAADCAC3-3781-416C-A39A-69B8DF623F86.png
    EAADCAC3-3781-416C-A39A-69B8DF623F86.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 45
  • 18A43386-8112-4748-B616-E33C4703D847.png
    18A43386-8112-4748-B616-E33C4703D847.png
    3.8 MB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,850
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I don't know if this real Balitbang Pusenkav or not.
I hope they could find proper partner like FNSS or Aselsan instead of going alone and ended up as 1001 prototype.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Update:
View attachment 54094
But this is definitely Cockerill 3105!
What? Whining about it for too pricey but ended making the very same thing?!
Yeah it is just next development from CT 3105, let alone the aluminium hull of HarTam still high. Not only to accomodate turret basket, the hull also need to accomodate torsion bar suspension, elercticity, etc.

As long as the turret ring is sufficient enought to handle any type of turret, you can switch and swap the turret.

Who knows perhaps they can made localize version of BMPT.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Future land warfare actually using unmanned ground combat vehicles, big data AI would be a thing to control regiment sized armor units, where the control rooms located a safe distance from actual frontline. The artillery (tube artillery and MLRS) would using plethora of UAV to give accurate enemies position and rain down the enemies position using steel rain.

Infantry better trying to hold themselves into new position before UGCV got matured and put them into an awkward position.

Ukraine Russian war, actually in my opinion has reached the hybrid stage between of traditional warfare we already know for millenia when human control most of the aspect in war and the using of AI to help decision maker to gain the most optimal results.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom