Indonesia Indonesian Army,Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Darat (TNI-AD)

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Actually there was this old photo of us army personnel carrying ss2 in US. They purchased some test purpose only.
If talks about number, let say 5000 is consider rare for particular organic weapon. If it's under 100 pcs and for trial use, there's hi chance of that weapon never go to public for examination.

Me myself can't figure what have changed on SS2, but i highly confidence they keep longstroke gas piston along with AR 18 like bolt. Other than the fact that they removed 3 round burst that rendered unpractical.

I'm kinda surprize when they make krinkov variant of SS2 (V5) and got good attention while reliable on field. IMHO if they want this rifle got a face for export customers, they shoud facelift it with kind of Czech do on their Bren 2.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wait a minute, that type of steel still existed today ? What a relic from German panzer tech of WW2.

SS2 never come into 🇺🇸 soil at first place. Since pindad never pursue for civilian use for their products.

Does every matra need such reserve ?

Let the reserve units as grunts meanwhile convert the regular into Mechanized infantry units

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Mechanized infantry units
You mean the one like Panzergrenadier or Guard Motor Rifle Infatry ?

That mean a lof of APC and IFV, but i don't know. Rather than Mechanized infantry, i more prever to get another attack air cavalry

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

That mean a lof of APC and IFV, but i don't know. Rather than Mechanized infantry, i more prever to get another attack air cavalry

Well unless you had government with so much money and local industry capable to churn out hundreds of helicopters i don't think we can get such luxury. The best thing out there is to have a squadron for every territory Defense command

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions

Both options are logistically difficult to manage. Air cavalry serves a specific purpose: reach places that cannot be accessed with ground vehicles. Airborne and mechanized units do not substitute one another, very different capabilities, and even the entire unit concept itself is differentiated from other regular units.

MFs should look at US Army Infantry units concept, this is the simplest and most straightforward one you can get:
1647963948585.png

They have 3 types of Infantry: Light, Medium, and Heavy

Even the American army has 3 types of those, not just one bulk of all-Mechanized units, and Light Infantry still dominates most of the Army for obvious reason. As I have written previously that to motorize all battalions is possible, but to mechanize them all is an unreasonable idea.

JATOSINT 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
4 3,224
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
1.Upgrade already ordered maung just like that^.
2. Order new maung from Pindad and ask them to add the modification.
3. Ask Pindad to develop the bullet proof variant.

Then you will get Nice mobility + acceptable minimum protection.

But ATAV have the armored variant.
Up armored Maung? Isn't Maung created to fulfill the need for light tactical vehicles? Why not just go directly for Komodo?

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Finally "meriam sambar langit" got their long delayed retirement 😭

Actually i don't hear they would be retired anytime soon. Those operational units already got Thales Starstreak and controlmaster 200 radar as accompanying units in each of air defense battalion who operated them.

The previous plan is to rebuild them into proper automated gun equipped with integrated sensor. There is one prototype had been done since 2020 by PT ELEKTRONIKA utama ITB

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Finally "meriam sambar langit" got their long delayed retirement 😭
Given that we still have a lot of 57 mm ammo, I think it will be better if we can repurpose them instead. It's firing rate combined with its 1000 m/s muzzle velocity can still deliver a lot of damage against ground targets including light to medium-weight armored platforms.

Edit:
Actually i don't hear they would be retired anytime soon. Those operational units already got Thales Starstreak and controlmaster 200 radar as accompanying units in each of air defense battalion who operated them.

The previous plan is to rebuild them into proper automated gun equipped with integrated sensor. There is one prototype had been done since 2020 by PT ELEKTRONIKA utama ITB
Oh well, I guess I got excited for nothing. But really, that gun is already long way past its prime to be used as AA gun.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Armed Forces chief of staff already sent his request for additional soldier between 30 K to 50 K to be placed in New Capital City

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Army would placed order for firing support system for platoon level support and company level support. Carl Gustaf M4 is the most likely candidate. This move would enhanced anti armor capability of Army at tactical maneuver level till platoon group

Carl_Gustav_M4_(1).jpg

Stuka Dive

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Army would placed order for firing support system for platoon level support and company level support. Carl Gustaf M4 is the most likely candidate. This move would enhanced anti armor capability of Army at tactical maneuver level till platoon group

View attachment 41603
Looks fit to our Asian posture troops

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

View attachment 41603
is it really M4 because the previous list that i see mentioned "something like M3E1" so it could be other brand that falls into category Reloadable Light-Weight Recoiless AT gun.

though i highly support carl gustaf (due to it's wide range of munition choice not mentioning that raytheon even still developing guided munition for it), i just hope the swedish side won't mentioned much regarding human right like what happened with philippines gripen.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom