Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Barjo_2

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Are you suggesting we go full China southward?
LOL we can't aford it, we can't play with "if" or halu, it just different era and diferrent generation, but i read in some history like A. toynbee. We must consider our nation is continueation from our past, just like the chinese did. We can't discountinue what have already became of our spirit and elanvital as a nation from the past memory

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
So according to AH Fincantieri is offering Indonesia the S1000 submarine.

"Designed primarily for exports to third countries, the new submarine will feature an impressive array of weaponry, including Italian heavyweight, wire-guided Black Shark torpedoes or Russian Club-S cruise missile system capable of hitting underwater, surface and land targets. When required the boat can accommodate up to 15 commandos. While Rubin 950 was designed with four torpedo tubes and ten vertical launchers for missiles, the S-100 has six torpedo which can launch 21″ wire guided torpedoes (533mm) or anti-ship/land attack cruise missiles. The submarine has a storage facility for eight torpedoes/missiles. This design made the entire hull area more spacious and better configurable for multiple missions.

Despite its small size (56 meter long) the sub is designed to include fuel-cell based air-independent propulsion system (AIP) developed by the Italian firm accelerating the submarine to a speed of 14 knots. The submarine was originally designed for anti-submarine and anti-ship warfare, reconnaissance missions, and transportation of up to 12 troops (accommodations arranged in the torpedoes storage area).

Last edited:

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Was that program already dead?, russian switch side to china co developed aip sub. Especially after russia got hiss by western after crimean annex.

If it's still ongoing we could get mini Kiloclass rasa Barat

Parry Brima

Contributor
Reactions
1 1,057
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

"These capabilities have helped reducing the S-1000 cost to around $200 million per boat."

The price is certainly attractive.

"the new submarine will feature an impressive array of weaponry, including Italian heavyweight, wire-guided Black Shark torpedoes or Russian Club-S cruise missile system capable of hitting underwater, surface and land targets.

The cruise missile only applicable for Amur 950, no?

Initial_D

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is it our ghost armada that is hidden in Brunei?

I agree.
I would love to become closer with AU and having more cooperation with them but I prefer to have a stick that is ready to hit them if they dare to mess with us.

View attachment 32773

Does MTCR only apply to deals that involves non US country? Well I guess might makes right, superpower can do whatever they want.

After nuclear powered submarine what if US give B21 to AU?
We should considered to develop long range cruise missile to balanced it, i remember back in formil theres a guy who tries to design one

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If you guys look on Presiden direction (Kepres), there is plan to build unmanned midget submarines, if successful they will build many of it, and look like the first step to reach that plan is to build man midget submarine in PT PAL facility. Previously we have already had midget submarine design designed by BPPT and several universities. Maybe they want to use Fincanteri design than our own in this initial stage

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
If you guys look on Presiden direction (Kepres), there is plan to build unmanned midget submarines, if successful they will build many of it, and look like the first plan is to build man midget submarine in PT PAL facility.
Another 101 prototype? Hell no, better use the available resource to mastering conventional submarine like the Sokor did decades ago. We dont have time to spare another prototypes.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Another 101 prototype? Hell no, better use the available resource to mastering conventional submarine like the Sokor did decades ago. We dont have time to spare another prototypes.

You can look on Kepres, they look like very serious on it and this is why the program is inserted into Kepres. IMO it will be built in parallel with CBG/Naval group submarine construction in PT PAL facility.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,542
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
You can look on Kepres, they look like very serious on it and this is why the program is inserted into Kepres.
I already saw it, but what i am afraid is our govt consistency in these kind of programmes. Well i know that even russian chinese, and US developed their own UUV. They already have fullfledge sub fleet.

CBG/Naval group submarine construction in PT PAL facility.
Naval Group? SMX 3.0?

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I already saw it, but what i am afraid is our govt consistency in these kind of programmes. Well i know that even russian chinese, and US developed their own UUV. They already have fullfledge sub fleet.

Naval Group? SMX 3.0?

From what we know it will be either CBG or Naval Group, but all must be built in PT PAL facility in stages (completely whole construction for third sub) or from the start. I dont know what type of submarine that is offered by Naval Group to MoD to be built in PT PAL facility.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
if we want to outgun RAN, we'd better (i) say sayonara to FFBNW acquisition program, (ii) say sayonara to VSHORAD as the primary anti aircraft weapon, (iii) introduce longer range sensor to our capital ship hulls, (iv) introduce medium to long range weapon to our capital ship hulls, (v) focus more on ocean going capital ships, (vi) improve the maintenance of our ships and (vi) start to hang cuan cuan admirals and officers as examples

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
if we want to outgun RAN, we'd better (i) say sayonara to FFBNW acquisition program, (ii) say sayonara to VSHORAD as the primary anti aircraft weapon, (iii) introduce longer range sensor to our capital ship hulls, (iv) introduce medium to long range weapon to our capital ship hulls, (v) focus more on ocean going capital ships, (vi) improve the maintenance of our ships and (vi) start to hang cuan cuan admirals and officers as examples

Worst than cuan cuan officer and Admiral is SOE management which hold back modernization efforts by arousing travo travo sentiment altough in the end they would acts as middleman and rente seeker and bringing less capable 100 percentage imported articles but had been slapped with local Made sticker !!!!

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
Worst than cuan cuan officer and Admiral is SOE management which hold back modernization efforts by arousing travo travo sentiment altough in the end they would acts as middleman and rente seeker and bringing less capable 100 percentage imported articles but had been slapped with local Made sticker !!!!
agree, that too mado. They should be hanged as well

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,408
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Even if let's say we manage to level the numbers with Australia.

Australia's naval officers would still give them the edge.

We need to do more Int'l naval exercise, not merely PASSEX.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Ceremony after promotion of Tanks for the crew
antarafoto-upacara-dan-tradisi-kenaikan-pangkat-011021-adm-9.jpg
antarafoto-upacara-dan-tradisi-kenaikan-pangkat-011021-adm-11.jpg
antarafoto-upacara-dan-tradisi-kenaikan-pangkat-011021-adm-6.jpg
antarafoto-upacara-dan-tradisi-kenaikan-pangkat-011021-adm-1.jpg
antarafoto-upacara-dan-tradisi-kenaikan-pangkat-011021-adm-10.jpg
antarafoto-upacara-dan-tradisi-kenaikan-pangkat-011021-adm-12.jpg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Even if let's say we manage to level the numbers with Australia.

Australia's naval officers would still give them the edge.

We need to do more Int'l naval exercise, not merely PASSEX.

That's where hundred years of tradition, talents gathering efforts and training regime along with educational level is at play in which can be offset by number game and right strategy

Back to World War II, the US is strive to outgunned the Imperial Japanese Navy by out producing the article of arms and training more man power , though not as capable as IJN staff officer in which had a lot of battle experience but industry out put and number can't lie

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,408
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
That's where hundred years of tradition, talents gathering efforts and training regime along with educational level is at play
Actually unless we're going PLA level military reforms, we're going to be left behind even if we somehow manage to purchase near peer weapons with OZ

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
agree, that too mado. They should be hanged as well
That's why I said they should be hanged, shot, hanged and shot again, and if that's still not enough, skin them alive while they're still breathing.

#gwsadisamatyak 😑

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom