Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Something like this?
View attachment 10745
Is this even posible?
it's true that LCTS 90MP could be use on vehicle around 10-20 ton thou
their demonstrator is using SIBMAS platform which is around 15-16 tonnes

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Something like this?
View attachment 10745
Is this even posible?

Should be, as they are known being used for light 4X4 or 6X6 APC of Textron made

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
their demonstrator is using SIBMAS platform which is around 15-16 tonnes
Should be, as they are known being used for light 4X4 or 6X6 APC of Textron made
But the one that article mention is bigger turret (LCTS 90MP, medium pressure gun) just like piranha here.
piranha_IIIc_df90.jpg

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But the one that article mention is bigger turret (LCTS 90MP, medium pressure gun) just like piranha here.
piranha_IIIc_df90.jpg

No need to worry lah, Tracked platform had more stability compared to Wheeled platform and you can see how Russian Sprut MD platform can accomodate 125 mm gun turret or how BMP 3 can handle dual gun turret 100 mm low pressure gun and 30 mm cannon

Panca

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Something like this?
View attachment 10745
Is this even posible?

add an armored skirt to make it look more modern.

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
piranha_IIIc_df90.jpg
1609934718436.png

it's pretty much the same like this one installed on SIBMAS , you could see the difference between low pressure one on the V-150 platform and medium pressure one in SIBMAS .

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
add an armored skirt to make it look more modern.
I'll put Zaslon APS and side skirt later. 👍

But: side skirt will be cumbersome for amphibious operation so maybe not.

Last edited:

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'll put Zaslon APS and side skirt later. 👍

But: side skirt will be cumbersome for amphibious operation so maybe not.
no need for APS , APS and amphibious vehicle doesn't mix really well , especially when the APS have lifetime ....

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
no need for APS , APS and amphibious vehicle doesn't mix really well , especially when the APS have lifetime ....
Some rumors said Zaslon is included, maybe It'll instaled when they start to operating on land or urban area, bongkar-pasang lah...

I think this is enough.
PT90MP MARINIR.png

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Are there any additional armor / ceramic plates? maybe like badak and anoa ..
View attachment 10763
I don't think so. More likely the Ukrainian will add Buoyancy Kits like what they did to their BTR-4 for the Indonesian Marine requirement and ended up with the BTR-4M variant to keep the vehicle more afloat during amphibious operation especially with the plan of equipping the LCTS 90MP turret on the PT-76.

btr4M-3.jpg

Last edited:

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Some rumors said Zaslon is included, maybe It'll instaled when they start to operating on land or urban area, bongkar-pasang lah...

I think this is enough.
View attachment 10754

From the drawing, i dont know where its come from i could assume that thoos stuff get side protection or a buoiancy tools as its got water propeller capability upgrade.

That 90 mm medium pressure gun should be had an carousel that store the ready-to-use ammo, so the weight distribution must be changed.

Despite of its atop of paper design, am pretty sure that the role of PT 76 never change, as an amphibious tank.

Well, perhaps this is a good solution to maximize our "mbah" asset.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,865
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
From the drawing, i dont know where its come from i could assume that thoos stuff get side protection or a buoiancy tools as its got water propeller capability upgrade.

That 90 mm medium pressure gun should be had an carousel that store the ready-to-use ammo, so the weight distribution must be changed.

Despite of its atop of paper design, am pretty sure that the role of PT 76 never change, as an amphibious tank.

Well, perhaps this is a good solution to maximize our "mbah" asset.
I'm the one who make that pic, just to know how it'll looks like if they really do instal LCTS 90MP turret.

Just put these 2 image together and make sure the scale is right as best as I can.

pt-76.jpg

p1.jpg

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I'm the one who make that pic, just to know how it'll looks like if they really do instal LCTS 90MP turret.

Just put these 2 image together and make sure the scale is right as best as I can.

View attachment 10823
View attachment 10824
The news above stated that LTCS 90MP will be installed at PT 76 then it will be. The previous upgrade of PT 76 with cokerill 90mm LP make the hull layout also changed.

If this upgrade are possible to install bigger turret, am quite comfortable to say they will add buoyancy kit and more powerfull waterjet.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,572
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What worrisome about this glider finding is, the location of their finding in Makassar Strait mean in the most likely case, the glider was mapping thermocline, which imply they intend to sneak sub or sub task force. And most likely intend to "park" them on the western edge of Banda Sea, which will put them in a very comfortable striking position of Surabaya. I won’t be surprised if there will be another glider found somewhere around Banda Sea
English:
In March last year, a similar Sea Wing UUV was found by an Indonesian fisherman near the Riau Islands, while another submarine drone was discovered at the beginning of this year near the Surabaya Naval Base.

Indonesian:
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Berita drone bawah laut, diduga asal Cina, yang ditemukan nelayan di Selayar, Sulawesi Selatan, membuat heboh. Terlebih, ini adalah berita sejenis yang ketiga yang pernah ada setelah sebelumnya temuan benda serupa di Kepulauan Riau pada Maret 2019 dan di perairan Sumenep pada Januari 2020.

@JATOSINT dimention di artikel tuh.

3 foreign UUV found In Indonesian water, around Riau (mission - Malacca strait?), Sumenep (mission - 2nd fleet HQ at Surabaya?), South Sulawesi (mission - gulf of bone?) Lets hope that the UUV that have mission around gulf of palu (Palu submarine base) is also found.

Last edited:

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
English:
In March last year, a similar Sea Wing UUV was found by an Indonesian fisherman near the Riau Islands, while another submarine drone was discovered at the beginning of this year near the Surabaya Naval Base.

Indonesian:
TEMPO.CO, Jakarta - Berita drone bawah laut, diduga asal Cina, yang ditemukan nelayan di Selayar, Sulawesi Selatan, membuat heboh. Terlebih, ini adalah berita sejenis yang ketiga yang pernah ada setelah sebelumnya temuan benda serupa di Kepulauan Riau pada Maret 2019 dan di perairan Sumenep pada Januari 2020.

@JATOSINT dimention di artikel tuh.

3 foreign UUV found In Indonesian water, around Riau (mission - Malacca strait?), Sumenep (mission - 2nd fleet HQ at Surabaya?), South Sulawesi (mission - gulf of bone?)

Can be related to the Palu Submarine base and water condition near there

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Don't know where to put, but recently Baruna jaya 4 just finished her 182 duty days for mapping and other duty at sea. Baruna Jaya is owned by Indonesian BPPT and build in Chebourg France in 1989 along with her sister. She is one of the few dedicated research and oceanography ships in Indonesia

fc1da7257992fc36032e11db3df7a664_XL.jpg
Eqj3iTzU0AEMtXU.jpeg
bj4-wheelhouse-and-forecast.jpg
bj4-outboard-profile.jpg
bj4-tanktop.jpg
bj4-upperdeck-and-lowerdeck.jpg

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Don't know where to put, but recently Baruna jaya 4 just finished her 182 duty days for mapping and other duty at sea. Baruna Jaya is owned by Indonesian BPPT and build in Chebourg France in 1989 along with her sister. She is one of the few dedicated research and oceanography ships in Indonesia

View attachment 10963 View attachment 10964 View attachment 10965 View attachment 10966 View attachment 10967 View attachment 10968
We need more of this underwater research & mapping project. The nature of our landscape is volcanic which making it very dynamic landscape (seascape). I won't be surprised if we found a recently made island somewhere due to volcanic activity.

Top Bottom