Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,457
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is there anyone here who thinks that instead of installing Atmaca on 41 ships, they should instead install more VL MICA and use it as air defense ship ?

Parchim class for example could remove the RBU-6000 and the room freed from removing the twin launcher be fitted with VLS Sylver for MICA. Anyone ?

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,549
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Is there anyone here who thinks that instead of installing Atmaca on 41 ships, they should instead install more VL MICA and use it as air defense ship ?

Parchim class for example could remove the RBU-6000 and the room freed from removing the twin launcher be fitted with VLS Sylver for MICA. Anyone ?
Sylver VLS for Parchim? What a waste, better using original vls mica for corvette, like KRI REM.
Even DRU OPV90 doesnt have VLS.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,863
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Isn't it gonna make the project more complicated, hence more $$$ needed?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,457
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sylver VLS for Parchim? What a waste, better using original vls mica for corvette, like KRI REM.
Even DRU OPV90 doesnt have VLS.

Isn't it gonna make the project more complicated, hence more $$$ needed?

I mean, I'm looking at the bigger picture here. 41 ships with anti-ship launchers are too much and doesn't add much to overall defense, my concern in war is that our air defense is very thin. I imagine if I were a hostile military planner, I'd send salvo of cruise and ballistic missiles toward major Indonesian cities, especially Jakarta. For BMD, that's another story. But for cruise missile defense, we could thin the salvo coming towards Jakarta (for example) by spreading floating AD assets in the waters of Java sea, before land-based air defense do their job.

So for example the Parchims could be fitted with 6x VLS for VL Mica and its radar refurbished with something like an NS-50, or the Diponegoros with a similar number of VL MICA or its analogue, that would be great.

Is it just me who thinks like this ? lol

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,549
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I mean, I'm looking at the bigger picture here. 41 ships with anti-ship launchers are too much and doesn't add much to overall defense, my concern in war is that our air defense is very thin. I imagine if I were a hostile military planner, I'd send salvo of cruise and ballistic missiles toward major Indonesian cities, especially Jakarta. For BMD, that's another story. But for cruise missile defense, we could thin the salvo coming towards Jakarta (for example) by spreading floating AD assets in the waters of Java sea, before land-based air defense do their job.

So for example the Parchims could be fitted with 6x VLS for VL Mica and its radar refurbished with something like an NS-50, or the Diponegoros with a similar number of VL MICA or its analogue, that would be great.

Is it just me who thinks like this ? lol
$$$, changing the parchim structure to be fitted with vls vs non penetrating launcher AShM.

Last edited:

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,549
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I mean yeah I'd imagine buying Atamaca for 41 ships (each with no less than 2 or even more launchers) would cost a lot of $$$ as well.
Need to rehull for fitting those VLS, more time as well. Unless if there will be oblique sam like the Taiwanese corvette.

Last edited:

norman88

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Whopping to 1billion for each ship,
I dont think we would be ready $$$
As far as I know, AH140 Indonesia is FFBNW, so the $1.1 billion fund can be added or revised in the future for the procurement of the weapon system.

And I think the reason is not the financing, because before there were also a number of topics regarding the procurement of TRS-4D & NS200, or Brahmos & Aster 30, which are also not cheap in price.

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,549
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyone got number on how many Parchim, FPB 57 and Fatahillah class which are still active?

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,549
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Depends on your budget and ETA;

Low budget, short term: CENK-S AESA - MAR-D AESA + 2 x AKREP (STIR).

Medium budget, medium term: CAFRAD - CFR (Multi-function radar) module 4x + rotating CENK-S.

High budget, long term: Full CAFRAD suite with integration of Indonesian GC radar in place of the UMR (Long range radar) module of CAFRAD.
Seems like they opted for medium budget.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,457
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Oh yeah, I think misread it, not all 41 KRI will be fitted with Atmaca LOLLL.

Fom the 12 FPB-57 in active service, realistically only the last 8 boats (Nav II, III and V) could be equipped with Canister type launchers as the first 4 NAV I have no room for such (helipad take all the room)

So that would make 25 ships (8 FPB-57, 3 Fatahillah, and 14 Parchim) to be re-equipped with Atmaca.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,555
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,549
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They are given chance to build the ship now they should go all not and not fuq this up.
Don't be like the OPV, fate is currently unknown. I think the company should be blacklisted if the OPV program mangkrak.
Its still ongoing albeit off the delivery track target. I agree on the blacklisted part tho.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom