Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

terranmcv

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"...the selection of weapon systems and other critical components, driven by technical and non-technical considerations from the Ministry of Defence and/or Navy, has necessitated adjustments to the frigate’s design..."

So the one that makes it "ribet" is the user?

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
"...the selection of weapon systems and other critical components, driven by technical and non-technical considerations from the Ministry of Defence and/or Navy, has necessitated adjustments to the frigate’s design..."

To be fair the Ministry of Defence is also to blame for the delays. They cannot even make a decision on what CMS to choose up until now. I'm sure the user (Navy) would prefer the Tacticos.

Last edited:

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

To be fair the Ministry of Defence is also to blame for the delays. They cannot even make a decision on what CMS to choose up until now. I'm sure the user (Navy) would prefer the Tacticos.

And now they got athena as cms, Kronos quad x Cenk 400N (ffbnw), mated with midlas vls. Gado gado 🤣. Atleast Atmaca will be common AShM, aside exocet.

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,228
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
And now they got athena as cms, Kronos quad x Cenk 400N (ffbnw), mated with midlas vls. Gado gado 🤣. Atleast Atmaca will be common AShM, aside exocet.

I Think FMP will use different CMS n Radar

Apart from that, there are significant differences in the number of combat system equipment and weapons platform variants on the two Red and White Frigate ships.
https://m.antaranews.com/berita/414...rah-putih-yang-pertama-gunakan-naval-rules-lr

jadinya ntar ada FMP kronos dan FMP dengan sistem Turki dengan radar Cenk , betul ga si ?

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,684
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
My concern is not about TKMS vs NG, my concern is our plan for midget submarine, which I'm not a fan of, if possible I want the navy to have 2 Scorpene + 2 U214 or 4 Scorpene followed by an even larger class of attack submarine (preferrably nuclear powered), while cancelling plans for 7 (?) midget sub.

What we need is large submarines able to stay submerged for long, travel far and fast, dive deep and lots of magazine, something not possible with midget sub.

Diesel attack submarines are quiet, but there's a reason why services that operated them are either converting to full Nuke subs fleet (like in the case of the USN, RN and RAN) or trying to acquire one (like Brazil).

One of the reasons is nuclear propulsion gives you unlimited sprint speed. Something that conventional SSK can't do because they must conserve battery life.

It's not always about who is the quieter or who can dive for longer time (SSN actually excels both)

Screenshot 2024-06-09 142424.png

from the book :

A Carrier at Risk: Argentinean Aircraft Carrier and Anti-Submarine Operations against Royal Navy’s Attack Submarines during the Falklands/Malvinas War, 1982 (Latin America@War)​

91LSE17cWfL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,228
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

jadinya ntar ada FMP kronos dan FMP dengan sistem Turki dengan radar Cenk , betul ga si ?
so let say One with Kronos radar which as same as FREMM
Kronos Leonardo (009).png

and the other is Cenk Aselsan with Turkiye system

Cenk 400 Aselsan Long Radar 0090.png

Both Are AESA Radar ...

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

https://m.antaranews.com/berita/414...rah-putih-yang-pertama-gunakan-naval-rules-lr

Both FMP will use Kronos quad for MFR and Cenk (FFBNW) for surveillance radar, so the configuration for FMP looks like this from what i gathered :
- Leonardo's CMS
- Kronos quad for the Multifunction radar
- Cenk for surveillance radar
- Leonardo's naval gun
- Roketsan for AShM and SAM
- Rheinmetall Millennium gun for the CIWS

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,228
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Both FMP will use Kronos quad for MFR and Cenk (FFBNW) for surveillance radar, so the configuration for FMP looks like this from what i gathered :
- Leonardo's CMS
- Kronos quad for the Multifunction radar
- Cenk for surveillance radar
- Leonardo's naval gun
- Roketsan for AShM and SAM
- Rheinmetall Millennium gun for the CIWS
Wow, what do you think when compared to FREMM / others Frigates of the same level?

Can't imagine what kind of destroyer to choose?

Soman45

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wow, what do you think when compared to FREMM / others Frigates of the same level?

Can't imagine what kind of destroyer to choose?
FMP is basically FREMM EVO with some differences and from what PT PAL said the FMP will be more heavily armed than the original Arrowhead 140, so expect more VLS

satria

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
7 1,228
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
FMP is basically FREMM EVO with some differences and from what PT PAL said the FMP will be more heavily armed than the original Arrowhead 140, so expect more VLS
sound to me ... we gonna forget FREMM , and continue with FMP , PPA as OPV and FDI

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,889
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Are Turkish system on FMP already set in stone or could be changed as long as they are FFBNW ?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom