Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Nice Landy
233282164_3897260487048932_2247429733922594568_n.jpg
232691479_3897260543715593_7117699311341308111_n.jpg

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Another proof that you don't really understand the points of the video is that it talks about the difference on the doctrine between US and Russia. It's making your argument baseless and nonsensical.
My point is be careful with what we wish for. More VLS means more things that can break and need maintenance (one of the reason why western vessels aren't as weaponized as russian is, Western vessels are more maintainable). Is our Navy ready for that?

And about IH, 48 VLS is enough for me.
The Soviet doing what they were doing because their missile came in wide variety of size
I think you all right. Russia doctrine is how to fight outnumbered so they put lots of things in it and assume one or couple naval assets have more chance to engage enemy even out numbered. By doing it thus bring Umigami statement to be correct in a way. They have issues in fleet downtime/maintenance. Its more expensive, more complicated and required more time. In some cases they just scrap some of the kirov class and take missiles weapon systems out of their aircraft carrier.

To make matter worse for future upgrade as trishna said, their missiles came in wide variety of size making some of their older ships unable to receive the upgrade.

Again arguing about how many VLS we are going to have is fun but rather pointless without knowing the intended role of the assets. Just like our KCR 60, some have different weapon configuration, but if we put them together we might have some ideas on the intended role on each of the KCR.

wekiweko

Committed member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Barbados
Nation of origin
Barbados
you know another important matter other than putting more missiles on our warship? can we pay for the fuel? inability to pay the fuel bill properly should also be addressed in my opinion, because that is the reason why we never operate GT engine :D

Basith90

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

trishna_amrta

Experienced member
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Seems like we really are in dire to modernize equipment

I guess It is a good sign if palace really consider our defence, despite of this difficult time..

I hope the government can overcome the pandemic, in line with increasing our defence posture

Indeed we are in dire need to modernize those equipments
It because there is Clear & Present Danger toward our country existence by external threat

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
you know another important matter other than putting more missiles on our warship? can we pay for the fuel? inability to pay the fuel bill properly should also be addressed in my opinion, because that is the reason why we never operate GT engine :D

just put the bill on government tab as debt to Pertamina as usual

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom