Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,816
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Not really, think again. Out of Indonesia's 270+mil pop, how many are military enthusiast which understand the general situation in the south china sea and the balance of power between China and Indonesia ?

Most of general citizens don't really care about Natuna, ask random people in the street and most of them don't or won't understand what's the whole fuss is all about.
I'm not talking about domestically though.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,266
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The government will do anything it can to save face in front of the populace. That I can ensure you.

If our TV constantly reported the Chinese presence, people with little understanding of the general situation and balance of power will question our resolve.

People will call for tougher action not knowing that we have not much option against China these days.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,611
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
There are other ways to 'send the message' that doesn't involve direct visible actions on the spot. One of such thing is our recent major exercises with or without other nations.

Rest assured, we're always monitoring the situation although it doesn't necessarily means we always know what's happening in real time especially beneath the waves.

People will call for tougher action not knowing that we have not much option against China these days.
Yeah. Thanks to GFP and our media as well as government agencies that always quoted that website. Add the jingoistic and internal propaganda that have always been there for decades, you got plenty of ultranationalistic loudmouths who always think with their fists first (but also who will be the first to scatter when the real sh*t hits the fans).

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nice, they added the cupola for the twin gun

Wait who manufactured it? Is it the same with the old ones from old ships, or newly bought turreted gun?
asda - Copy.JPG

Lordimperator

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
1 2,501
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
But our sailors still have to man and aim it manually, no?
Sorry but i dont have knowledge about thay, i think its manually manned. Altough i dont see any window on that cupola like in the bofors 40L70 ROC La Fayette

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Even looter and salvager could pass undetected in JAVA SEA

The thing is, to salvage whole ship until it literally disappeared it needs several trips back and forth. And we doesn't seem to take any action against it.

Small patrol boat of 28-50 m would suffice to patrol these preservation areas and stop those looter, but as we can see nothing is done except for several case

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,447
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

The thing is, to salvage whole ship until it literally disappeared it needs several trips back and forth. And we doesn't seem to take any action against it.

Small patrol boat of 28-50 m would suffice to patrol these preservation areas and stop those looter, but as we can see nothing is done except for several case
Why we need to keep watch on it?
With limited resources we have and vast area to patrol, we need to be realistic about it, its better to use those ships patroling ALKI/ maritime border / strategic straits.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia

Those are White legacy to defend her colonies being pounded by IJN , it is already good we are giving some concern there

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,266
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Sorry but i dont have knowledge about thay, i think its manually manned. Altough i dont see any window on that cupola like in the bofors 40L70 ROC La Fayette

It's manually operated, likely from decommissioned South Korean LST.

Still good for beach softening although I question its ability to hit moving object at sea or air.

Last edited:

deadlast

Committed member
Professional
Reactions
2 350
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Wait who manufactured it? Is it the same with the old ones from old ships, or newly bought turreted gun?
View attachment 34412
No, the old one on your pict are L/60, the ones in cupola were L/70 variant.

I dont know, but iam guessing its from the old shil
It's the old Teluk Semangka-class LST gun, then fitted on Sampari-class, then moved again to these new LST.

But our sailors still have to man and aim it manually, no?
Yes,

that kind of one were manned, but atleast it used electo hydraulic drives, instead of "di kerek tangan".
It's manually operated, likely from decommissioned South Korean LST.

Still good for beach softening although I question its ability to hit moving object at sea or air.
The mount itself are called the Bofors SAK-40/L70-520 firing at 240 rpm with automatic ammunition feed device and electro-hydraulic drives, remotely controlled by single crew (inside the cupola).

Currently not integrated with any radar/EO-device so it is manual aim modes only.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,447
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
No, the old one on your pict are L/60, the ones in cupola were L/70 variant.

It's the old Teluk Semangka-class LST gun, then fitted on Sampari-class, then moved again to these new LST.

Yes,

The mount itself are called the Bofors SAK-40/L70-520 firing at 240 rpm with automatic ammunition feed device and electro-hydraulic drives, remotely controlled by single crew (inside the cupola).

Currently not integrated with any radar/EO-device so it is manual aim modes only.
Any plans to arms our LPD?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom