Indonesia Indonesian Navy, Tentara Nasional Indonesia-Angkatan Laut (TNI-AL)

Twentix

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
images.jpeg

I think the miniatur that given to PAL is this one. Scorpene with X-Rudder variant. So, it's gonna be a new variant that no other scorpene user ever use

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
since most of our sub use Kongsberg MSI-90U MK2 , norway are expected to operate sub-launched NSM missile in time frame around 2025 for their future u212cd and their old Ula Class (which also TKMS U209 Derivative) , its going to be a good option especially since the NSM has land attack capability .

Still can change.

NSM for our KCR:

Seems like KRI Golok will be armed with NSM and will undergo a firing test sometime this year.

Interesting quote from the article:

While I don't think that number will be all Klewang-class FACs, but I do hope that they will make more of it.

U214 + Sub Launched NSM would be a good contender for AM-2000 + SM39 , it might even be better since NSM have land attack capability.

Umigami

Experienced member
Indonesia Moderator
Reactions
5 4,849
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
NSM for our KCR:

Seems like KRI Golok will be armed with NSM and will undergo a firing test sometime this year.

Interesting quote from the article:

While I don't think that number will be all Klewang-class FACs, but I do hope that they will make more of it.
Put it on our AH140, Fremm, and mogami please.

HellFireIndo

Committed member
Reactions
What happen guys? what sub we are going to get? and are we going to acquire NSM for real? (hopefully also for other ships as well)

Twentix

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
View attachment 39645
I think the miniatur that given to PAL is this one. Scorpene with X-Rudder variant. So, it's gonna be a new variant that no other scorpene user ever use
Forget to mention that, this variant has AIP and has NCM too (this configuration is proposed to Poland).

Edit: MBDA NCM, instead NSM

Last edited:

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Judging from the article, it seems that TNI-AL will be getting Antasena combat boat in anti-ship missile launcher configuration. While it's still too early to tell, but once again, given that KRI Golok will be the platform used for the testing, it's also likely that if it's successful, we'll see more Klewang-class FAC for our navy in the coming years as well.

At least that's what my take on this.
X18 Missile Boat.

Remini20211226073437158_resize_97.jpg

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,507
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Which one is better between Exocet vs NSM?

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Which one is better between Exocet vs NSM?
"Better" is a very subjective term. Exocet, of course, gained fame during Falkland War between UK and Argentina, while NSM hasn't had a combat kill yet as far as I know.

Personally, I leaned toward IR seeker on the NSM more than active radar guidance on the Exocet especially in this time and age. It's also lighter and more compact - better suited to equip Antasena, IMHO.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,507
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
given that KRI Golok will be the platform used for the testing, it's also likely that if it's successful, we'll see more Klewang-class FAC for our navy in the coming years as well.
Inside that mast is not empty then, or won't be empty.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Been looking for larger picture of this for my story:

(a bit of self-promotion, sorry about that).

Anyway, 120 of this, all armed with NSM, will likely become a strong deterrent against any foreign surface fleet if they decide to sail too close to our coast.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Been looking for larger picture of this for my story:

(a bit of self-promotion, sorry about that).

Anyway, 120 of this, all armed with NSM, will likely become a strong deterrent against any foreign surface fleet if they decide to sail too close to our coast.

Not that great, modern sensor and the flexibility of Naval rotor
gettyimages-72389887-1024x1024.jpg
Wildcat-HMA2-034.jpg
craft is already greatly enchanted, thing like proper ASW helicopters (like Wildcat , Romeo and so on) carrying large number of air to ground Missiles would make such fast attack Missiles Boats quite helpless as they are going without any air defense system.

FPXAllen

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,629
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Not that great, modern sensor and the flexibility of Naval rotor View attachment 39653 View attachment 39654 craft is already greatly enchanted, thing like proper ASW helicopters (like Wildcat , Romeo and so on) carrying large number of air to ground Missiles would make such fast attack Missiles Boats quite helpless as they are going without any air defense system.
Oh well, I'm mostly thinking of it as part of a combined arms maneuver around our littoral regions and not as a stand alone force. Of course it can be deployed stand alone as ambush craft in and around our sealanes chokepoints especially the ones not guarded by coastal anti-ship missiles although admittedly in this scenario, it is likely that we don't have much naval forces anymore a.k.a the worse-case scenario where most of our larger ships have been rendered ineffective.

On the other hand, I think it will be interesting if TNI-AL is also considering to build another version Antasena specialized in anti-air warfare. It can be armed with a combination of, say, a fast firing double-barelled 20 mm cannons housed inside a remote-controlled turret on top of its superstructure with one launcher on each sides, each housing two to four surface to air missiles.

Then add some missile countermeasures and IR jammer on it as well.

Van Kravchenko

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
2 872
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
fast firing double-barelled 20 mm
Just replace the Cockerill turret with oerlikon millenium, you got both tank boat and Boat-Propelled Gun Anti Aircraft.
countermeasures
Chaff & flare also a must, i don't know if such boat like antasena capable to be mount ECM device.
Since most of all incoming Air to ground missile carried by helos are remote controlled/laser guided (derived from atgm) perhaps it's just simply use Smoke discharger/generator. Hue hue

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
In all honesty, i didn't really like the concept of Antasena as a missile boat, keep those thing close to the shore and strait for patrol and anti piracy mission.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,507
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
D3ErUN4UYAA21Fp.jpg
After the submarine is carried onto the barge using SPMT then the barge is moved to the nearby dry dock(if I am not wrong), but how the submarine is put to the water? Submerging the barge?
What do you think @Anmdt

Now I see why the new shiplift is needed. It is safer, faster and easier.

Maverick

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
i'am not aginst FAC doctrine or so on. but i think with modern naval combat technology, more suitable to limit our Navy combatant to OPV /corvette as the smallest class. So it will be DDG ( if possible ) -> frigate -> corvette/OPV.
Considering our Navy start to had 3000 tonnes above frigate which mean ideal platform to have tier 1 Ashm, AAM, radar and ASW rotary asset like Romeo, NH90 or Wildcat. it will have a bigger punch and detterent

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom