Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
4 1,634
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The model ship in the picture is looking very conventional by Nature
Well, aren't you only stating the obvious here? Sometimes I wonder what is it that you're really trying to push?

I've known for years that this Lundin's project doesn't have the supports it needs from the top brass especially after the change of command in our navy long ago. But the fact that they're still trying should at least amount to something positive no matter how little it means for those top brass.

It really is a pity, since, obviously, innovation and creative thinking do not really have their place in this country except when they suit the interests of a 'few'. It's Fairchild and Marvel all over again which show that some lessons are never meant to be learned here.

Or let's put it in another way: I won't be surprised if Lundin or perhaps Komodo armament and some others like them will eventually get away since they can and will have a better chance of success abroad than here.

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Drone Elang Hitam ini akan diproduksi oleh PT Dirgantara Indonesia (PTDI). Ditargetkan, drone yang telah mendapatkan Sertifikat Tipe dari Indonesia Military Airworthiness Authority (IMAA) ini bisa mengudara pada Januari 2021.

Molor.

Gundala

Reactions
1 506
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Well, aren't you only stating the obvious here? Sometimes I wonder what is it that you're really trying to push?

I've known for years that this Lundin's project doesn't have the supports it needs from the top brass especially after the change of command in our navy long ago. But the fact that they're still trying should at least amount to something positive no matter how little it means for those top brass.

It really is a pity, since, obviously, innovation and creative thinking do not really have their place in this country except when they suit the interests of a 'few'. It's Fairchild and Marvel all over again which show that some lessons are never meant to be learned here.

Or let's put it in another way: I won't be surprised if Lundin or perhaps Komodo armament and some others like them will eventually get away since they can and will have a better chance of success abroad than here.
I feel you, specially about Komodo armament. Tho I see its getting better overall, that news about PAL Lundin visit is baby step toward professional collaboration. I like how the Head of PAL is doing so far, perhaps that knowledge and experience he gathered professionally in Japan shipyard industry can bring a good impact in overall shipyard industry cooperation. Specially he currently has political support from MoD him self.

One step at a time 😁

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
They can first develop a precision strike munition for elang hitam, then worry about a GLCM.
It is probably a 230-240-250 mm artillery rocket, with guidance at best.

Nope, cruise missile with jet engine, it is clearly a cruise missile and the design has been tested in wind tunnel

----------------------------------------------

Last year news

PT DI, which specializes in aircraft manufacturing, is in the process of developing a missile to complement its 70-millimeter folding fin aerial rocket launcher, which has been fitted onto the Air Force’s F-16 jets, said president director Elfien Goentoro. The missile is being developed by a consortium led by the company and includes other SOEs such as PT Len Industri, PT Pindad, PT TRESS and explosives maker PT Dahana.

“This program is only in its second year [...] the aim is to design several systems such as flight control systems, warheads and jet engines, among others,” Elfien told the Post. The firm is also developing a medium-altitude long-endurance unmanned aerial vehicle dubbed the Elang Hitam through another consortium involving the Defense Ministry and the Agency for the Assessment and Application of Technology (BPPT).

Last edited:

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
I expect they use EDF jet engine (with battery) instead of conventional one, since it is the undergoing current research. If the result is not good enough so the engine will likely be imported.

Madokafc

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
4 10,020
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
241102247_3975396549235325_8537234690020413031_n.jpg

R4duga

Experienced member
Reactions
2 2,367
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Robot Dislitbangad Project made by PT Ansa Solusitama Indonesia

kadislitbangad-sniper.jpeg

robot-tempur-tni-ad.jpeg

Slide122.JPG
just my 2cent of opinion, i know we want to be innovative, but using a manequine target placed on remote controled tracked vehicle are rather too far fetched to serve purpose as a moving target for training, they could come with much more cheaper alternative like a sliding rail target or the one that use zipline mechanism and still serve the same purpose for immitating/representing a moving target.

especially when they are trying to emphasize on this :
" Keseimbangan cost atau biaya serta anggaran yang yang keluar dengan output yang dihasilkan harus seimbang dan memiliki nilai guna yang tepat sebagai sarana untuk berlatih para prajurit, "

1631362959223.png

1631363319362.png

1631363364874.png

1631363169800.png

1631363340474.png

i only see this thing will shine if we need an emergency shooting range/ lapangan tembak dadakan.

this is crunch

Contributor
Reactions
4 627
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
just my 2cent of opinion, i know we want to be innovative, but using a manequine target placed on remote controled tracked vehicle are rather too far fetched to serve purpose as a moving target for training, they could come with much more cheaper alternative like a sliding rail target or the one that use zipline mechanism and still serve the same purpose for immitating/representing a moving target.
whoa, i thought it was some sort of on-purpose, for decoy(?), remotely operated target decoy ??

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
whoa, i thought it was some sort of on-purpose, for decoy(?), remotely operated target decoy ??
It's for training purpose. Decoy like that is almost impractical in modern warfare

Edit: The last photo seems to be "counter sniper", a sensor which would determine range, direction, and caliber of sniper fire

Mandala

Contributor
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What type of weapons? John Cockerill or maybe NSM? There is an official Lundin X18 Missile Boat CGI pic firing a NSM missile.

119506040_636586483893602_6810546396648485685_n.jpg

PAL Indonesia-Lundin establish cooperation on warships and weapons

Saturday, 11 September 2021 16:25 WIB

Surabaya (ANTARA) - PT PAL Indonesia cooperates with PT Lundin Industry Invest, a business entity in the field of building and repairing composite ships that is recognized at home and abroad, to cooperate strategically in the construction of warships and weapons integration systems.

The CEO of PT PAL Indonesia, Kaharuddin Djenod in a press release on Saturday in Surabaya, said that this strategic collaboration is a manifestation of the implementation of the government's plan through the Ministry of Defense, to carry out a comprehensive modernization of defense equipment, especially the marine unit.

The scope of cooperation between the two companies includes shipbuilding and warship weaponry.

Read more:

Last edited:

NEKO

Experienced member
Indonesia Correspondent
Reactions
3 2,529
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
What type of weapons? John Cockerill or maybe NSM? There is an official Lundin X18 Missile Boat CGI pic firing a NSM missile.
I would prefer NSM to be put on new KCR or stealth Trimaran.

After collaborating with PINDAD now its PAL, it seems that we can expect that PT Lundin will grow.

Var Dracon

Reactions
1 473
Nation of residence
Indonesia
BBTA3 (Balai Besar Teknologi Aerodinamika, Aeroelastika, dan Aeroakustika) projects, including cooperation with foreign aerospace companies
Profil BBTA3.mp4_snapshot_01.10.jpg

Profil BBTA3.mp4_snapshot_02.01.jpg

Profil BBTA3.mp4_snapshot_00.57.jpg

Profil BBTA3.mp4_snapshot_01.08.jpg

Profil BBTA3.mp4_snapshot_01.13.jpg

Profil BBTA3.mp4_snapshot_01.14.jpg

Profil BBTA3.mp4_snapshot_01.16.jpg

Aghost132483

Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Good move to have battery industry for EV, and our local Gesits electric motorcycle is better compared to China and India from this comparison, I hope government could support Gesits to have bigger plant and spare part industry support, because consumer already enthusiasm on Gesits.

And we could up scaled to produce electric vehicle.

Indos

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Good move to have battery industry for EV, and our local Gesits electric motorcycle is better compared to China and India from this comparison, I hope government could support Gesits to have bigger plant and spare part industry support, because consumer already enthusiasm on Gesits.

And we could up scaled to produce electric vehicle.

Supporting Gesit should not be really difficult since 90 % stake is own by state owned company, PT Wika Manufacture. The plan is after we absorb EV battery technology from SK, IBC will make EV battery plant for motor cycle and it could still have stake from SK consortium as well.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom