5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
There was an Event at TEI in Eskisehir.

As of 31.12.2022

- TEI Employs 3350 People.
- In 2022 TEI recruited 331 People, TEI had received 340.000 applications.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
President Erdoğan: "Next year, we are launching our İMECE Satellite and TÜRKSAT-6A, whose design, production, assembly, software and tests were developed entirely with domestic facilities. Thus, we will increase our total number of satellites in space to 10."
Hard to believe that we're able to produce satellites like Turksat 6A on our own without foreign assistance. When did we gain the technological ability and knowledge to produce modern satellites? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, all the power to us but people were so busy following the development in the defense industry that we kind of missed the steps leading to this point of technological maturity in the field of space exploration.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,383
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
Hard to believe that we're able to produce satellites like Turksat 6A on our own without foreign assistance. When did we gain the technological ability and knowledge to produce modern satellites? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy, all the power to us but people were so busy following the development in the defense industry that we kind of missed the steps leading to this point of technological maturity in the field of space exploration.
Turkey has been producing Satellites for a long time and has been increasing the localization rate %. You can find a lot of photos of different systems that are being localized in the "Space program" thread. When it comes to the space program you see different companies contributing to the projects such as Roketsan, TUBITAK, Aselsan, as well as many other companies. If I'm not mistaken the national contribution to the Turksat 6 has exceeded 70%. Even the camera on the satellite is produced by the company OPER optical research center.

Isbara

Reactions
2 104
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hi my friend;

U can fallow @uyducusirin on twitter and search his tweets. He gives information about developments of Turkey's satellite industry.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkey has been producing Satellites for a long time and has been increasing the localization rate %. You can find a lot of photos of different systems that are being localized in the "Space program" thread. When it comes to the space program you see different companies contributing to the projects such as Roketsan, TUBITAK, Aselsan, as well as many other companies. If I'm not mistaken the national contribution to the Turksat 6 has exceeded 70%. Even the camera on the satellite is produced by the company OPER optical research center.
Thanks for the answer👍

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,084
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Excuse my ignorance guys! Does Aselsan or Tubitak Bilgem has any fab?
I am curious, where they manufacture their Semiconductors.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,026
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Excuse my ignorance guys! Does Aselsan or Tubitak Bilgem has any fab?
I am curious, where they manufacture their Semiconductors.
It is produced in the TÜBİTAK Gebze campus under the name of YİTAL Mikroelektronik Sanayi ve Ticaret AŞ. (65nm)

Others are in this picture. It was said that a joint semiconductor factory would be established with Malaysia.

TevUwc.jpg

Last edited:

Pilatino

Reactions
3 663
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Interesting video but most of Turkey's growth in this arena is mobile gaming. Aside from Mount & Blade and like one other Lovecraft-inspired FPS, I struggle to think of any major games being developed by Turkish studios.

I agree. As a gamer I can say that we need at least one successful giant in this area like Poland's CdProjektRed. The best candidate is TellTaleGames, makers of the Mount and Blade series. Afaik they've got a base in ODTÜ's Teknokent. I would love to see another AAA title from them with an engine like Unreal Engine 5

Last edited:

Ripley

Contributor
USA Correspondent
Reactions
12 1,512
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is big money in mobile gaming. It is easy and cheap to code games for mobile phones and profits are huge.
Right on the spot.
As a former computer gamer, what attracted me to a computer game, strategy genre in particular, other than game engine, modeling and everything else was the story line and plots and AI responsiveness.
So SW is one thing but good scenario and history knowledge and artistic concerns are essential to computer gaming. If you wanna grow up at classic video gaming, you really need to invest in such departments as well.
Hope they can do it.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,916
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I agree. As a gamer I can say that we need at least one successful giant in this area like Poland's CdProjektRed. The best candidate is TellTaleGames, makers of the Mount and Blade series. Afaik they've got a base in ODTÜ's Teknokent. I would love to see another AAA title from them with an engine like Unreal Engine 5
You mean TaleWorlds Entertainment. TellTale Games is a different company.

TaleWorlds is already pretty big considering they essentially created a brand new genre of video games with Mount & Blade with a ton of copycats.

But just one isn’t enough. All the talented developers leave. It’s even worse in Azerbaijan where I know for a fact that there’s a huge amount of extremely skilled and intelligent computer professionals but the government is more interested in spending our money on real estate for our ruling clans than investing in IT.

I’ll stop now otherwise I’ll start saying things about Aliyev that will cause me to get permabanned.

Hepdert

Reactions
5 753
Nation of residence
Turkey
Do we have nuclear carrier and submarine plans for the future?I couldn't find any source on local news sites.

But this

And this link on SMR Rectors within IAEA(International Atomic Energy Agency) WEB site
What are Small Modular Reactors (SMRs)?

And this link on Nuclear-Powered Ships

Where is The Laughing Guy?

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,494
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

Where is The Laughing Guy?
It is a very new (recently matured) technology and there is a long waiting list... better investing on R&D

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom