what

Experienced member
Reactions
9 6,090
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Kaptaan that villa looks like heaven on earth, not to big not to small and an olive tree with a pool. Looking to visit Greece too one day once tensions are normal again.

Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
Thanks. I finally managed to track you all down. I was getting a little lonely at PDF. Agha Sher is still on the Turkish front line. Perhaps you guys should reach out to him.
I'm a little skeptical about this forum after reading this thread and seeing that Webslave is actually GlobalMilitary96. Both him and Nein were especially good at derailing each thread with politics. And Cabatli53 was always more than lenient with his moderation of political derailing. I pray that you can keep this forum clean, mature and informative. I'm not asking for a Pro AKP forum but at least keep politics out of the threads. Perhaps you can have a dedicated political thread for all those political enthusiasts.

One thing that I must point out is that Cabatli53 has done his nation a service with his many years of dedication at PDF. His posts have been very informative and professional. I am still reading through the Turkish Unmanned Fighter Thread which started in 2010. I wish that he could somehow duplicate the same threads here with some of the History. One thing that I have learnt from these threads that started long ago is that there was a sense of disbelief and a lot of frustration about whether certain programs would ever be realised. Many members came and left never to be seen again, and many were critical of the progress that was or wasn't being made. Eventually those programs were realised and are serving in the armed forces today.

All the best with your new forum and every success to your good intentions, Inshallah.

T

triangle

Thanks. I finally managed to track you all down. I was getting a little lonely at PDF. Agha Sher is still on the Turkish front line. Perhaps you guys should reach out to him.
I'm a little skeptical about this forum after reading this thread and seeing that Webslave is actually GlobalMilitary96. Both him and Nein were especially good at derailing each thread with politics. And Cabatli53 was always more than lenient with his moderation of political derailing. I pray that you can keep this forum clean, mature and informative. I'm not asking for a Pro AKP forum but at least keep politics out of the threads. Perhaps you can have a dedicated political thread for all those political enthusiasts.

One thing that I must point out is that Cabatli53 has done his nation a service with his many years of dedication at PDF. His posts have been very informative and professional. I am still reading through the Turkish Unmanned Fighter Thread which started in 2010. I wish that he could somehow duplicate the same threads here with some of the History. One thing that I have learnt from these threads that started long ago is that there was a sense of disbelief and a lot of frustration about whether certain programs would ever be realised. Many members came and left never to be seen again, and many were critical of the progress that was or wasn't being made. Eventually those programs were realised and are serving in the armed forces today.

All the best with your new forum and every success to your good intentions, Inshallah.

x2

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Hello everybody, Kaptaan reporting otherwise known as Indus Pakistan on PDF. Joined at the suggestion of Yankeestani. If this forum gives me space to throw out my ideas I will make this my platform of choice. I have been member of PDF for nearly a decade now but entirely disillusioned by their bias for certain ethnic group.

By the way I was recently in Istanbul, Turkey for 5 days, then covered Athens, Greece finishing off with week in Crete and stayed near a small town called Tym-Paki ......

Hey you are finally here. :D

Saiyan0321

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
100 1,891
Nation of residence
Pakistan
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Yes, I will although many are 'private' but I will try. Few things to note. It is remarkable how similiar North West Pakistan from Khyberr Pass 2 Peshawar 2 Islamabad driving across the Salt Range and then dropping into Punjab plains but not before you hit the Jhelum River [Hydaspes to Greeks and location of Alexander;s battle with Porus] is similar to the envoronment of Eastern Med. I read Olive orchards are being developed with assistence of Italian government and I can see. Lemon, oranges are another crop I saw everywhere in NW Pakistan.

I love figs but they cost a bomb in UK. Not the dried type which are cheap and nasty often with sugar added. But I mean fresh figs. In Crete I literally cleaned out trees but their farmers did not mind. In Crete we hired a topless red VW Beetle. Got lost/stuck in Olive orchards. I had to then run in front the car to watch out for any boulders as the road was just a tractor track. You should have seen the Greek farmers looking at me running in front of the topless beetle wearing white designer blazer [Hugo Boss], £400 shoes holding a bag of figs. The guy did not quite know what to make of it. The temp must have been close to 40c but it was glorious.

The cheese in Crete was out of this world. Was offered and almost steamrolled int trying the local 'Rakhi' or alcohol drink. The female waiter who was built like a sumo wrestler almost forced it down my gob but I managed to hold myself against this 'Greek invasion'.

We had a villa on top of a hill called 'Sky Villa' with views to kill and cool breeze blowing in from Med. A jump in the pool was just what was needed. I will see if I can open a thread on my travels and my thoughts. One thing though I can tell you my hate for the medieval mullah and oirganized religion as exists in Pakistan has been reinforced even more. Kemal Ataturk v2 is needed in Pakistan. The country is beautiful and people have huge potential.

Few pics as tasters. I posted some at PDF.

View attachment 1238

View attachment 1239 View attachment 1240

View attachment 1241

Istanbul. About to get taxi. The airport is huge. But lot of it was deserted because of Covid. I was starving as Turkish Airlines do a terrible cold sandwich. Right outside I saw a Burger King. Had the BEST BK in my life. Dunno if I was hungry or what.

View attachment 1242

That looks heavenly. You are indeed fortunate with your tour. Perhaps in the northern times of my life, i will do the same. :D :D

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

There is no pro any side on this forum,no bias,no insults,no racism,no sectarianism,no favorism etc.
Discussions will be made in a civil manner,anyone trying anything stupid will be dealt with immediately.
We want all nationalities to feel at home here.
We welcome everyone with good intentions.

Last edited:

Skyfall

Committed member
Reactions
3 913
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
United Kingdom
There is no pro any side on this forum,no bias,no insults,no racism,no sectarianism,no favorism etc.
Discussions will be made in a civil manner,anyone trying anything stupid will be dealt with immediately.
We want all nationalities to feel at home here.
We welcome everyone with good intentions.
It's easy to say so when you are starting off and trying to attract as many members as possible. I just hope that you enforce your "no pro any side" statement.

So no Hakikat ve Hikmet, MMM-E, Successwill, MKALE1 or even Bismark as yet?

Test7

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
18 19,918
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Turkey
It's easy to say so when you are starting off and trying to attract as many members as possible. I just hope that you enforce your "no pro any side" statement.

Dear @Rogue1
Don't worry about the DefenceHUB rules.

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

We dont need to attract any members,we are not in it for money or traffic,if someone ignores the rules,he/she is done here.
The people coming here know what its all about.
The names you mentioned are all welcome here,as long as they abide by the forum rules.
I dont know what you are trying to do here but i advise you to let it go.
We welcomed you here so,stay welcome and contribute in a positive manner.

Last edited:

Mis_TR_Like

Contributor
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
25 5,055
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

We will treat all sides equally. A forum where all sides are treated equally is a healthy one. It's good to learn from others, therefore there is no point in treating them like second class members. All quality posts are encouraged, regardless of whether the poster Turkish, Greek, Israeli, Arab, Pakistani, Chinese, Indian, English, etc. A Turk breaking the rules will get the exact same treatment as an Greek who breaks the rules. At the end of the day, the rules are there to promote healthy discussions. Debates between opposing sides is totally fine. What isn't fine is being purposefully provocative to the point where it's clear that you're trolling.

It'll be good to see them here, MMM-E is like an encyclopedia when it comes to Turkish defence products.

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
We will treat all sides equally. A forum where all sides are treated equally is a healthy one. It's good to learn from others, therefore there is no point in treating them like second class members. All quality posts are encouraged, regardless of whether the poster Turkish, Greek, Israeli, Arab, Pakistani, Chinese, Indian, English, etc. A Turk breaking the rules will get the exact same treatment as an Greek who breaks the rules. At the end of the day, the rules are there to promote healthy discussions. Debates between opposing sides is totally fine. What isn't fine is being purposefully provocative to the point where it's clear that you're trolling.

It'll be good to see them here, MMM-E is like an encyclopedia when it comes to Turkish defence products.
Frankly for me the real test of moderation is how you deal with posters who hold minority views or who do not follow the herd. There is thin line between culling free thinking and what might be interpreted as trolling. This calls for very subtle, deft and nuanced application of moderation powers. It's easy to deal with members who are abusive. But use that power crudely you endanger killing differant views. You want a forum to be fresh, a crucible of ideas, where crazy as they may be, collide and in that fermant new ideas take root.

At PDF I went from being hero to zero precisely because my views were not iun sync with a section [very loud] of PDF. They never addressed the points I raisied but instead tried to muff me with calls of "racist". They played the man and not the ball. But in doing so they used their moderation powers to extend a certain narrative that I disagreed with. That is what caused my problems with admin there. I hope that does not happen here. I would love to contribute here. At my age [58] I have seen much, seen lot of the world and done plenty. I am not military person. My professional background is in law. But i have deep interest in politics and the world around us. Since militaries play a large role in the making of the world order they do interest me in a more strategic sense rather then the trinkets and toys.

At any you can expect I have plenty to talk and also am quite hardened in my opinions. You might even call me a dinosaur.

N

Null/Void

Frankly for me the real test of moderation is how you deal with posters who hold minority views or who do not follow the herd. There is thin line between culling free thinking and what might be interpreted as trolling. This calls for very subtle, deft and nuanced application of moderation powers. It's easy to dealk with members who are abusive.

At PDF I went from being hero to zero precisely because my views were not iun sync with a section [very loud] of PDF. They never addressed the points I raisied but instead tried to muff me with calls of "racist". They played the man and not the ball. But in doing so they used their moderation powers to extend a certain narrative that I disagreed with. That is what caused my problems with admin there. I hope that does not happen here. I would love to contribute here. At my age [58] I have seen much, seen lot of the world and done plenty. I am not military person. My professional background is in law. But i have deep interest in politics and the world around us. Since militaries play a large role in the making of the world order they do interest me in a more strategic sense rather then the trinkets and toys.

At any you can expect I have plenty to talk and also am quite hardened in my opinions. You might even call me a dinosaur.
1600029706830.png

Hey Dinosaur are you hardened like this guy lel

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
View attachment 1275

Hey Dinosaur are you hardened like this guy lel
Not quite. Give me few more years. He was the premier when I was a young man. We had a movie released

And just a suggestion to the admin. This might sound parochial but maybe the forum name should have been TurkPak Forum. Don't overlook that English is second language in Pakistan and that means a huge growing market.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, I will although many are 'private' but I will try. Few things to note. It is remarkable how similiar North West Pakistan from Khyberr Pass 2 Peshawar 2 Islamabad driving across the Salt Range and then dropping into Punjab plains but not before you hit the Jhelum River [Hydaspes to Greeks and location of Alexander;s battle with Porus] is similar to the envoronment of Eastern Med. I read Olive orchards are being developed with assistence of Italian government and I can see. Lemon, oranges are another crop I saw everywhere in NW Pakistan.

I love figs but they cost a bomb in UK. Not the dried type which are cheap and nasty often with sugar added. But I mean fresh figs. In Crete I literally cleaned out trees but their farmers did not mind. In Crete we hired a topless red VW Beetle. Got lost/stuck in Olive orchards. I had to then run in front the car to watch out for any boulders as the road was just a tractor track. You should have seen the Greek farmers looking at me running in front of the topless beetle wearing white designer blazer [Hugo Boss], £400 shoes holding a bag of figs. The guy did not quite know what to make of it. The temp must have been close to 40c but it was glorious.

The cheese in Crete was out of this world. Was offered and almost steamrolled int trying the local 'Rakhi' or alcohol drink. The female waiter who was built like a sumo wrestler almost forced it down my gob but I managed to hold myself against this 'Greek invasion'.

We had a villa on top of a hill called 'Sky Villa' with views to kill and cool breeze blowing in from Med. A jump in the pool was just what was needed. I will see if I can open a thread on my travels and my thoughts. One thing though I can tell you my hate for the medieval mullah and oirganized religion as exists in Pakistan has been reinforced even more. Kemal Ataturk v2 is needed in Pakistan. The country is beautiful and people have huge potential.

Few pics as tasters. I posted some at PDF.

View attachment 1238

View attachment 1239 View attachment 1240

View attachment 1241

Istanbul. About to get taxi. The airport is huge. But lot of it was deserted because of Covid. I was starving as Turkish Airlines do a terrible cold sandwich. Right outside I saw a Burger King. Had the BEST BK in my life. Dunno if I was hungry or what.

View attachment 1242
Hello, nice to see you around here. :)

Kaptaan

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Pakistan
Hello, nice to see you around here. :)
Hello, nice to see you here. This place seems to have most of the interesting people from PDF. Certainly could end up as my default place where I get to 'shout' or 'think aloud' every evening.

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hello, nice to see you here. This place seems to have most of the interesting people from PDF. Certainly could end up as my default place where I get to 'shout' or 'think aloud' every evening.
I hope so, we are certainly trying to make the forum better each day, feel free to post suggestions. ;)

Xenon54

Experienced member
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hello everybody,
I was a long year reader in a another forum to get top information about turkish defence industry. Now that a new forum is born, I wanted to take the chance to transform from a passive reader to a active member.

Unfortunately my defence knowledge is limited, so I will not contribute much to defence matters but I will try my best to add some value to the forum.

Hello and welcome, where are you from?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom