Contributor
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
31 4,927
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Israel will split open Palestine and pulverize whatever stand in front of them. We will witness the BLOOD in the next days and weeks. They will kill at least 50 Palestinians for every dead Israelis. Whatever reason Hamas thought for these attacks, be it just or unjust, it will play into Israelis hands. Hamas lives for the joy of 5 mins and seriously lacks foresight.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,667
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Merkava getting droned. the myth about this tank is no more :D
Well it's clear that Trophy doesn't work against drone drops then. Lessons for Akkor v1.5
--
So much to say, so much to write.

It is very clear that this has been under planning for months. A multi pronged attack combining land, air and sea elements, as well as using tunnels and civilian dressed operatives entering cities before attack started. It oozes IGRC. We know that Hamas and specially Qassam brigades have been receiving training both from Quds and Hezbollah for years and that it was clear for the last 5 years that the concept of warfare they subscribed to was changing rapidly, which Syrian war helped a lot.

Ironically, very clear similarities to how PKK tries to operate with paramotors, tunnels, civilian operatives, drone explosives etc. There will be so many lessons for TSK to learn from, especially regarding border units.

Going forward, I don't subscribe to Israel giving an inch to later get a mile. Firstly, Israel lacks the strategic depth to achieve this. Their state security and more importantly economy depends on a normalized conflict, when it's controllable at the border. When border shifts even for a day or a week, Israeli citizens go in to the war mode, economy comes to a standstill and on longer periods, they lose outside backing both in the form of political capital and financial capital ie investments into Israeli economy.

Wrote about this extensively over the years. With all its advantages, being able to intercept hundreds of rockets overnight, situation Israel is in is untenable. And no one in the region except Turkey can't help them. Israel is losing bad against Iranian encroachment and today was just a teaser. World just sat on and watched while Iran turned hezbollah and Hamas into a proxy of IRGC. Thanks Obama. This won't translate to a Palestine for Palestinians, none at all, but it will also ensure that Israel will never be allowed to live in their own peace as long as Iran stands. This much is clear. Bibi is an opportunist but even he can't turn this into an agreement to stop the fighting when this much Israeli blood is spilled so fast in just 6 hours. He'll need to retaliate, heavily.

I am very much interested in how will all this will translate to future policy, especially regarding Turkey, Israel, Qatar and Azerbaijan. I don't think Turkish MFA has made an announcement yet on anything. And I really doubt we enjoy seeing any of this, even if a hard pressed Israel is better for us. Thousands will die today and probably reach 5 digits by the end of the week with Israeli responses on Gaza. Also interested in how will Gulf respond to the coming Israeli wrath.

-
NEW: Erdogan calls for restraint in Israel and Palestine for all parties
Welp, we can assume Israeli Turkish gas corridor is back in to the freezer i think.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
imo, there should be some link between this attack and Iran.

@Afif what do you think ?

Not out of equation of course.

But on another note- I can't help but to reconsider your position on tit for tat again.

I mean this is a debate that I have been having with my self for a long time.

My position is still that I don't endorse deliberate killing of civilians.

However, at the same time I cannot refuse the necessity of brutal and mass attrition on the enemy if you want your people's lives to be matters to the enemy and to the international audience. (WW2 Dressden bombing)

If you look at our our Korean friend's comment, this is very clear. Only through the ability to impose unacceptable consequences on your enemy, you increase the value of your life and your people's lives.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,667
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,479
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Israel is an apartheid state and they need to be expelled (militarily if necessary) from occupied territory and pushed back to Internationally recognised borders.

I'm going to say it right here, if you're banking on the idea that there can be 2 enemies in one house. You're DELUSIONAL. and I say this as a friend and you know you are my friend. Regardless of rhetorics of moderation and coexistence, it's becoming clear that each side wants the complete and utter annihilation of the other. There will be no end unless one of the two are expelled completely by the other. This war will either end with the Israelis getting rid of the Palestinians or the Palestinians expelling the Israelis out again like the Nebuchadnezzar did with the citizens of the Kingdom of Solomon and Judah.

Israel riding on the lavish support of its Western ally clearly has the advantage over the Palestinians and they are doing what they can to smoothen the end goal, the expulsion of all non-Israelites for an all-Israelite homeland. They know the fact on the ground, Israel has never been so strong and the Palestinians have never been so weak, both in material and moral support. So that's why you see them getting increasingly vocal about their plan, unlike in the days of the 50-80s when they need to put their intent shut.

For Israel, the time is now because the ratio of force and support does go their way. For the Palestinians, a long generational war is the preferred option. For one, the Israelis are kept afloat due to the sheer support the World power of today puts behind their back. If that support dried up (and they will eventually), so did their nationhood. One example I like to put forward, is that while It is true that in the mid to late 20th century the Israelis fought better and harder than the Arabs, but people forgot that without material support like Nickel Grass, Israel will be overwhelmed just like Nazi Germany in WW2.

The Western empire will eventually decline, but the Arabs will stay there for a very long time. And recapturing Jerusalem is not only an Arab affair, because Jerusalem happens to be the site of the THIRD holiest site in Islam. In a long scenario, Israel will not only have to deal with the Arabs but non-Arab Muslims who find their presence there an eye sore.

So Palestinians should play the long game. Just like Vo Nguyen Giap played the long game in Viet Nam.

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,667
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Iron dome mostly removed from the fight.
We can't comment on this yet. Fog of war notwithstanding, we don't know if any batteries were taken out of action, simply out of interceptors or something else. Not clear how many rockets were fired yet and to my knowledge most of the Iron Dome batteries that have overlapping coverage are situated to the north of the country, not Ashkelon. Iron Dome's interception rate has always been somewhere between 74-80%. Few hits doesn't mean anything. Let's wait few weeks for statistics to come out.

Expected.

RMZN

Reactions
1 142
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Seen so many instances of the captured soldiers in pajamas. Seems like a complete surprise attack in many points all across the contact line. Complete fuck up on Israeli intelligence, akin to 1973 Yom Kippur even although in smaller scope at this point.
From a reputation standpoint this seems far more destructive. I still dont get how Israeli intelligence was unable to even catch the slightest hint for such an unprecedented attack. Even if Israeli strikes back and kills 10x more Palestinians, at the end of the day it still was Israel that was caught quite literally in pyjamas and underwear and ended up with hundreds of their soldiers and civilians being killed

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,667
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
From a reputation standpoint this seems far more destructive. I still dont get how Israeli intelligence was unable to even catch the slightest hint for such an unprecedented attack. Even if Israeli strikes back and kills 10x more Palestinians, at the end of the day it still was Israel that was caught quite literally in pyjamas and underwear and ended up with hundreds of their soldiers and civilians being killed
Anyone thinking "this was the plan of the evil zionists all along" will be surprised so much more this month.

Unbelievable.

Seems Israeli air force is already in air picking up further reinforcements coming from Gaza.

These soldiers were captured from personnel carriers. Therefore, we can say that soldiers from the first reinforcement units sent began to be captured.
I don't think we can come to that conclusion just now. Plenty of border posts have old tank based APCs. Possible that they thought armor cover would help.
-
Re female Israeli soldiers and police,
A female soldier is the embodiment of collective feminism. But a soldier's duty is to kill and be killed for their state. Female soldiers being paraded around by Hamas is not different than male soldiers being paraded around by Hamas in this context. All i'm going to say on this. I don't think anyone here can say either Palestinians or Israelis follow the Geneva suggestions to the latter. Welcome to an ethnic war of survival.

Last edited:

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
65 7,576
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

AWP

Contributor
Reactions
4 1,403
Nation of residence
Canada
Nation of origin
Palestine
I arrived to my home and exhausted to the bone. I will take a nap and then Insha Allah i will clarify some misunderstanding here.

God bless

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,479
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
Anyone thinking "this was the plan of the evil zionists all along" will be surprised so much more this month.
It's always the international cabal lmao...jokes aside this is the smaller repetition of the 1973 war, or should I say Palestininan Tora Tora Tora moments.

It's a feat on its own, especially against a country like Israel whose security interests are shared by most of the world's powers of today and their intelligence agencies.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom