Reactions
1 518
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
People think they are cannon fodder.

Thats not true.

In warfare, soldiers have always have to be bred to have nothing to lose.
That’s why conscription is not a solution in the XXI century, at least not in devloped / high income countries.

People who have a good life are not willing to fight in a war. They can’t be effective soldiers if taken by force, because their only goal will be to stay alive, not to inflict damage on the enemy.

This is why developed countries need professional armies with high tech and long range weaponry. They need to be able to fight from afar and from relative safety, as even paid soldiers care about their lives and cannot be sent in human waves as cannon fodder, and their replacement is very difficult to achieve.

Soldiers have higher value than equipment in developed countries, because they are harder to replace.

contricusc

Reactions
1 518
Nation of residence
Panama
Nation of origin
Romania
Without conscription there is no way that the Allies win WWII...

I'm more than ok with Hitler, Mussolini and the Japanese being defeated by armies largely made up of conscripts. Sometimes what is neccessary, isn't always "nice".

That happened a long time ago. Different people, different weapons, different cultures. People were more willing to sacrifice themsleves back then, and war required less skills and training than it does now.

Now, when we have women in positions of power and with more rights than men, why would young men sacrifice themselves to defend the country and protect the privileged class?

Bozan

Contributor
Reactions
5 1,658
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I say it is to be honest.

History cant be divorced from geopolitics.

Turkiye is apart of the Middle East just like how it is apart of Central Asia, Balkans and North Africa.

If Turkiye ignored its own geography it would not be keen on supporting Ukraine against Russia.

Afterall Crimea is important to the Turks.

In the Middle East if the Arabs, Israelis and the Iranians can all weaken each other.

Turkiye will be the biggest winner.

The world is not enough for two Kings.

The last 100 hundreds are far, far more relevant than anything that came before.

Also Israel, Iran and Arabs have had multiple conflicts, TR still sabotaged itself without a war

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

interesting Discussion.

Edit- btw, the comment in the comment section is not mine.

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,853
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Macron wants a coalition to fight Hamas. To fight Arabs. Never seen a French President who hate Arabs and Islam that much.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Macron wants a coalition to fight Hamas. To fight Arabs. Never seen a French President who hate Arabs and Islam that much.
French got humiliated in Africa and in the Caucasus.

Now are trying to get into the Middle East to show the world they mean something.

Azerbaijan rejected their peace Plan by the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marquis de Sade

Reactions
2 129
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Maybe this time, the words of Albert Pike in his letter to Guiseppi Manzini will come true, cause i dont see any attempt to a cease fire or de-escalation and its the first time that this conflict gets full international coverage in 198 countries worldwide.

Screenshot_20231025_185800_Reddit.jpg

Xenon54

Experienced member
Switzerland Correspondent
Reactions
5 6,702
Nation of residence
Switzerland
Nation of origin
Turkey
That would mean more riots in french cities which again would be fueling populist votes, thats been macrons strategy for a while now, i will keep my popcorn ready in any case. :)

TR_123456

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
That would mean more riots in french cities which again would be fueling populist votes, thats been macrons strategy for a while now, i will keep my popcorn ready in any case. :)
Macron turned out to be worse then Sarkozyian.

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
81 16,622
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
The Israeli army bombed the family of Al Jazeera's chief correspondent in Gaza, killing his wife, son and daughter. Wael Al-Dahdouh #Gazze , who was carrying his murdered little daughter in his arms, was one of the leading names in announcing the massacres to the world.

Gary

Experienced member
Reactions
21 12,411
Nation of residence
Indonesia
Nation of origin
Indonesia
The West spent the last one and half a year or so framing Russian media as GRU controlled.

Here's CNN for you.

F9Rp5CBXwAARmh0

F9Rp5CJWQAAZWf7

F9Rp5CLXkAA6mxO

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
People think they are cannon fodder.

Thats not true.

In warfare, soldiers have always have to be bred to have nothing to lose.

Even if the West has the technology to minimise casualties which they have achieved.

Their soldiers always have the belief to return home safe and aound and in comfort.

Goltz Pasha a German officer serving the Ottoman Empire talked about how German are being rendered weak thanks to liberalism and luxury life while the Turkish soldier despite their being behind in military technology is more willing to fight and sacrifice for the greater good.

One rocket sets off into Israel and the alarms set off which thousamds of people are fleeing and compare this to Gaza as the Palestinians who live there do their last prayers.

A Turkish reporter talked about this before.
Instead of Goltz, I much prefer Patton's take on things:

"The objective of war isn't to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his."

Suicidal devotion to the goal should only be in the most extreme cases and you should be doing your hardest to not die anyway. A weakness of Turkic people in warfare is the ease with which we throw our lives away. Make the other side throw their lives away by the thousands instead. When I see military analysts praising how our soldiers will press on, how if one falls another one will step up, it doesn't make me proud, it makes me cringe. I wanna see military analysts being amazed at our guys delivering thousands of deaths upon the other side while suffering only a handful of martyrs not at how good we are at being suicidal.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,068
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey

"The objective of war isn't to die for your country, it's to make the other bastard die for his."

Suicidal devotion to the goal should only be in the most extreme cases and you should be doing your hardest to not die anyway. A weakness of Turkic people in warfare is the ease with which we throw our lives away. Make the other side throw their lives away by the thousands instead. When I see military analysts praising how our soldiers will press on, how if one falls another one will step up, it doesn't make me proud, it makes me cringe. I wanna see military analysts being amazed at our guys delivering thousands of deaths upon the other side while suffering only a handful of martyrs not at how good we are at being suicidal.

Thats a good point you made there.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,405
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

There is no magic button to deliver thousands of death upon the other side while suffering only a handful of martyrs in a peer to peer conflict. If there were, it would have been amazing.

Attrition is unavoidable in today's peer to peer conflict.

As for inferior states and non state actors, Türkiye can delivers lot of death with suffering many of its own. 2020 air campaign was one good example.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom