TR Land Vehicle Programs

Balamir

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I don't know if it has been shared before.

*Miilux OY of Finland was purchased (70%) and armor steel production technology was transferred.
*Armor steel production facility was established in Manisa.
*There are three factories in Finland, Poland and Turkey with a production capacity of 38000 tons.
*The raw material required for armor steel is also purchased from OYAK Erdemir.
*Negotiations are made with companies producing armored vehicles in Turkey. Sales and deliveries have begun.
*UAE and Turkic republics are seen as potential customers.
Screenshot 2021-09-04 at 20-30-19 A Para Twitter'da.png

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,534
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Czech Republic is procuring new IFVs to replace their aging BVP-2. 3 companies are currently running there. Lynx, CV-90, and Ascod. The worth of the project is €1.9 Bn. I wished our companies also would able to bid with Tulpar and Kaplan. But I guess they were needed to be invited.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,786
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkısh land forces are buying 50 E-ZMA from MKE. According to the managing director of MKE, these vehicles have no combustion motors to power the vehicle and run on Hybrid Diesel generators. This way the Diesel generator produces electric that power both the electric motors and charges the battery pack at the same time. This, I understand is the same set up as Hybrid electro Diesel engines used in locomotives..
The 616HP power output is enhanced with 6000NM torque. This power pack gives a range of 720km to the vehicle, as well as fast movement characteristics and less fuel usage.

1630833658213.jpeg

M

Manomed

Turkısh land forces are buying 50 E-ZMA from MKE. According to the managing director of MKE, these vehicles have no combustion motors to power the vehicle and run on Hybrid Diesel generators. This way the Diesel generator produces electric that power both the electric motors and charges the battery pack at the same time. This, I understand is the same set up as Hybrid electro Diesel engines used in locomotives..
The 616HP power output is enhanced with 6000NM torque. This power pack gives a range of 720km to the vehicle, as well as fast movement characteristics and less fuel usage.

View attachment 30380
We should just get a new IFV from otokar or fnss M113 is just an old platform

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,786
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should just get a new IFV from otokar or fnss M113 is just an old platform
If they modernise the M113s with new engine, better armour, new gun and new tracks you are effectively getting a new armoured Fighting Vehicle.
Below was the standard M113 FoV modernisation done by FNSS. Now MKE is adding a Hybrid Engine as well. We have over 2800 of them in our inventory.

1630845749897.jpeg

It looks like this is a cooperation between Aselsan & MKE. The gun for this new E-M113 is a 25mm gun and the engine power is 616HP.

M

Manomed

If they modernise the M113s with new engine, better armour, new gun and new tracks you are effectively getting a new armoured Fighting Vehicle.
Below was the standard M113 FoV modernisation done by FNSS. Now MKE is adding a Hybrid Engine as well. We have over 2800 of them in our inventory.

View attachment 30421

It looks like this is a cooperation between Aselsan & MKE. The gun for this new E-M113 is a 25mm gun and the engine power is 616HP.
They need anti atgm stuff and at least 35mm cannon plus better armor

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
113 14,786
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
They need anti atgm stuff and at least 35mm cannon plus better armor
I think they already have the better armour. Otherwise there is no point in “modernising”. Also without Akkor protection system I wouldn’t like to see any personnel in these vehicles.
From the articles published, my understanding is that there will be unmanned versions of these E-M113 vehicles too.
Gun caliber and what they can put on the turret as a weapon are the easiest things. I am sure there will be other versions with 35mm guns using Atom munition. Etc. The whole idea is to create something new, more effective and cheap from what you already have. They are just modernising 50 out of 2800 in hand.
I wouldn’t like to see these 2800 vehicles thrown in to junk yard just because they are old tech when they can still be used.
We need to look at Israel when it comes to be economical with effective weaponry. As I have said before ; Wars are expensive. The trick is to use most effective weapons cheaply.

Stimpy75

Committed member
Türkiye Correspondent
Reactions
4 928
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Czech Republic is procuring new IFVs to replace their aging BVP-2. 3 companies are currently running there. Lynx, CV-90, and Ascod. The worth of the project is €1.9 Bn. I wished our companies also would able to bid with Tulpar and Kaplan. But I guess they were needed to be invited.

they did,Tulpar, but didn't made it to the final

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom