Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,533
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
No, you can see the hole left behind by the missile. It just doesn't have a active warhead.
test.PNG

I don't know I just felt like it passed just above. There is one sequence with hole before but can not see here after it passes.

dustdevil

Committed member
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Well the laser spot, which we do not see, could be close to the front, or if there is deviation it could be within the tolerance for SAL guidance… overall a very nice video.

Next stop should be jet powered NLOS missiles with more range.

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yalman fitted on to FNSS‘s KAPLAN armoured vehicle with 4 Cirit and 2 Umtas missiles have been hitting targets.
The Laser seeker version of Umtas range has been given as 0.5-9 km.
The system is becoming part of the Turkish Army inventory.
With Sungur missile fitted, the system will become an effective drone hunter.

1643215094472.png

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
112 14,718
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
First of 133 planned modernisation of ZMAs (Armoured Fighting Vehicle) is being delivered to TSK.
As well as various electronic and mechanical upgrades that improves the survivability of the vehicle , like the improved armour , better weapons and laser warning systems, Aselsan will be showcasing the application of Pulat Active protection system too.
1643872534446.jpeg

Stuka

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
5 4,538
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey
I was looking through previous FNSS Videos to see if they still use Advance Design Solutions Products.

FNSS Pars IV 06/2020 Start of Serial Production.
> ADS Transfer Case

View attachment 37959

Allison 4500 Automatic Transmission.

View attachment 37961

The Engine OIL Filter with the Serial 1R-1808 belongs to the Caterpillar C9 Line of Engines

View attachment 37962 View attachment 37963

The Engine Power should be 525 HP because FNSS always aims for 20 hp/ton Ratio and since the Vehicle weighs 26 Tons this would be given.

Additional Info at this point.
FNSS usually went with DEUTZ Engines, specifically 482 HP Engine but due to German Embargo likely selected the CAT C9.

FNSS PARS IV 6x6
> CAT C9 525 HP

FNSS PARS IV 8x8
> CAT C13 711 HP

Mete Yarar who has been seen driving a FNSS PARS IV 6x6 SOV has made an interesting statement in the Context of the Propulsion of this Vehicle.

Pointing at the Vehicle he said:
"An initial Batch of 6 Engines has been acquired abroad but the following will be propelled with national Engines."
"Every Vehicle in this weight Class will have national Engines"
"Turkish Engines have been produced and Delivered let me tell you that"

Taking with a grain of Salt because he is mentioning BMC POWER and Tümosan at the same time but he does have a lot of access in the Industry.

In Review.
The PARS IV 6x6

- 2018 Order for 12 SOV have been determined.
- 07/2020 Ceremony for Production start ( With the CAT C9 Engine that I have posted above.)
- 12/2020 PARS IV with Serial "1" has been seen during IRAQI MoD visit at Facility in ANKARA.
- 06/2021 SSB Announced that qualification Tests Continue with deliveries set for 2021.

Last edited:

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom