Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
arma II is bigger and heavier than arma. it has 40 tons maximum weight compared to 30 tons of arma.

cooling system, suspension system and shafts in arma were foreign sourced. in arma II these are turkish.

arma II is also equipped with turkish designed ecotorq 720 hp engine. only the transmission still remains foreign sourced in arma II.

arma II has 8 wheel steering and is capable of carrying a 120 mm gun turret

Some info thanks to Terminator on waff.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Arma-2 with 40t heavy armored beast with 720hp ecotorq engine became like a wheeled tank. Congratulations Otokar engineers and technicians.

20230131_160401.jpg

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Automatically comes to mind, how much chance would it have against BMC?

Not technologically / protection wise meant

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
9 9,055
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Su
Arma-2 with 40t heavy armored beast with 720hp ecotorq engine became like a wheeled tank. Congratulations Otokar engineers and technicians.

View attachment 53296
Such a pity with these weak a** canons. Please minimum 30mm

Also, am I the only one having concerns wrt maneuverability? If you compare it to Boxer for example.

1675171406123.png

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
arma II is bigger and heavier than arma. it has 40 tons maximum weight compared to 30 tons of arma.

cooling system, suspension system and shafts in arma were foreign sourced. in arma II these are turkish.

arma II is also equipped with turkish designed ecotorq 720 hp engine. only the transmission still remains foreign sourced in arma II.

arma II has 8 wheel steering and is capable of carrying a 120 mm gun turret

Some info thanks to Terminator on waff.
Turkish designed? Wow
Does that mean that there is a Turkish company that produces 720 hp engines? If so, may you share its name simce as far as I know, no company in Turkey till date manufactures such engines

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Is it amphibious?
This is the only downside, with 40t weight it cant be amphibious.
However, for middle eastern terrain this is not an issue. But we wont be able to get it.

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Turkish designed? Wow
Does that mean that there is a Turkish company that produces 720 hp engines? If so, may you share its name simce as far as I know, no company in Turkey till date manufactures such engines
It's Ford-Otosan Ecotorq engine, it's designed and built in Turkey.

Cabatli_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
80 45,485
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Automatically comes to mind, how much chance would it have against BMC?

Not technologically / protection wise meant

Altuğ cant compete with Arma-2 bro. Weight class and STANAG levels are totally different. Arma-2 is a monster compared to any other solutions. Be them Altuğ or Pars family in terms of protection But none of them can ensure the mobility of Pars family. Btw, FNSS will reveal a new Pars as well but I think that there will be no single winner since these tactical wheeled armored vehicle program will be provided in many different configurations and I believe a few producer will simultaneously produce their own solution for Turkish Army. The real competition will be in the field of next generation IFV program that will have a quantity of thousands + Utku national powerpack.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,698
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
It's Ford-Otosan Ecotorq engine, it's designed and built in Turkey.
Then why havent it been used in Turkish IFV long ago?
Are there restrictions placed on it by Ford?

Tornadoss

Contributor
Reactions
4 2,516
Nation of residence
Czechia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altuğ cant compete with Arma-2 bro. Weight class and STANAG levels are totally different. Arma-2 is a monster compared to any other solutions. Be them Altuğ or Pars family but I think that there will be no single winner since these tactical wheeled armored vehicle program will be provided in many different configurations and I believe a few producer will simultaneously produce their own solution for Turkish Army. The real competition will be in the field of next generation IFV program that will have a quantity of thousands + Utku national powerpack.
But at least even though companies won for different configuration I hope subystems would be common for logistics.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,087
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

Nutuk

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
Reactions
8 3,513
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Altuğ cant compete with Arma-2 bro. Weight class and STANAG levels are totally different. Arma-2 is a monster compared to any other solutions. Be them Altuğ or Pars family in terms of protection But none of them can ensure the mobility of Pars family. Btw, FNSS will reveal a new Pars as well but I think that there will be no single winner since these tactical wheeled armored vehicle program will be provided in many different configurations and I believe a few producer will simultaneously produce their own solution for Turkish Army. The real competition will be in the field of next generation IFV program that will have a quantity of thousands + Utku national powerpack.
Tech and STANAG wise we agree completely bro.

But again, will she have any chance against BMC

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom