LIbyan Soldier

Libya Correspondent
Reactions
5 247
Nation of residence
Libya
Nation of origin
Libya
The mediation proposed by Abdul Hamid al-Dabiba failed, and the Radaa militia insists on continuing the arrest of Mahmoud Hamza

The clashes are getting more intense and new parties are entering the fighting

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,135
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Damn it man Libya is such a tough nut to crack.

I have no idea what the fck is going on and who does Turkiye support.

What a clusterfck.

LIbyan Soldier

Libya Correspondent
Reactions
5 247
Nation of residence
Libya
Nation of origin
Libya
Damn it man Libya is such a tough nut to crack.

I have no idea what the fck is going on and who does Turkiye support.

What a clusterfck.
It's simple. Brigade 444 combat is considered the only regular body in western Libya and they are well trained. The rest of the armed formations are militias outside the control of the state and the army. This matter is no longer acceptable . Brigade 444 must be supported by Turkey with drones to clean the Libyan West from illegal militias, otherwise Libya will remain in a state of chaos indefinitely.

Fn-0D71WYAcULLB.jpeg

Last edited:

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
It's simple. Brigade 444 combat is considered the only regular body in western Libya and they are well trained. The rest of the armed formations are militias outside the control of the state and the army. This matter is no longer acceptable . Brigade 444 must be supported by Turkey with drones to clean the Libyan West from illegal militias, otherwise Libya will remain in a state of chaos indefinitely.

View attachment 60144
The government has plenty of drones themselves including TB2 and Akinci. Why are they not used?

LIbyan Soldier

Libya Correspondent
Reactions
5 247
Nation of residence
Libya
Nation of origin
Libya
The government has plenty of drones themselves including TB2 and Akinci. Why are they not used?
Drones are located at the Mitiga base, which is already under the control of the Radaa militia. And at Al-Watiya air base, I think it is operated by Turkish soldiers. If they use it against the Radaa militia, they might do hostile action against the Turkish soldiers who are in the Mitiga base.

LIbyan Soldier

Libya Correspondent
Reactions
5 247
Nation of residence
Libya
Nation of origin
Libya
Radaa militia taking heavy losses. There are so many videos of dead soldiers that I can't put in here. The 444th Brigade is advancing on many fronts

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,135
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
I seen pictures of the Brigade 444 they seem to be equipped pretty well and pack some serious heat.

I heard rumours that Turkish special forces train them and also advise them.

Turkish armed forces doesnt say much about this. Its better to keep things quiet.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,642
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I seen pictures of the Brigade 444 they seem to be equipped pretty well and pack some serious heat.

I heard rumours that Turkish special forces train them and also advise them.

Turkish armed forces doesnt say much about this. Its better to keep things quiet.

The problem is, no matter how trained and well equipped a brigade is, it is insufficient and too small as a tactical formation.
Libya need at least a division size formation (similarly equipped and trained) to deal with this mess.

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,141
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Why does only the Western Libyan government have these problems, not the Eastern one?

Clashes also do happen in Eastern Libya. However, more often in Western Libya. Eastern Libya is terms of organization is more centralized through the dictatorial regime. Western Libya consists of militias who banded together to avoid Haftar's dictatorial regime. The organization of Western Libya is still decentralized despite attempts to centralize. Some progress has been made in centralization, however, the road is long.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
67 7,642
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Libya needs some BD peacekeepers.🤣

Sanchez

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
61 7,675
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Looks like Libya will become Turkeys very own Afghanistan.
On the contrary, we probably could do with a bit more hands on approach. Reason we don't is Egypt and UAE. Turkish footprint in Libya is minimal still.

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,742
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Radaa militia taking heavy losses. There are so many videos of dead soldiers that I can't put in here. The 444th Brigade is advancing on many fronts
Whats your source for info bro
Cant seem to find reliable sites for such topics regarding libya

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
86 10,861
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Clashes have stopped and the situation is calm now
Bro, There are some reports circulating about the temporary lease of an area in the Khoms port zone to the Turkish navy. Is this news true? If so, will it be a joint naval task force base or will it be a base directly under the command of the Turkish naval forces? Also, in parallel with this, I would be very grateful if you could inform us about the plans for the near future in the naval organization of the Libyan armed forces, such as the acquisition of new platforms.

My other question is what is the latest situation at Al-Watiya Air Base? Can you inform us about the ongoing TAF activities as technical staff or consultation?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom