Isa Khan

Experienced member
Reactions
22 9,778
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The Malaysian government has made a decision about the procurement of their next maritime patrol aircraft (MPA) and UAS (Unmanned Aerial System).

Leonardo was awarded the MPA tender based on the ATR72MP, which is designated P-72 in Italian service. The award was for two aircraft with a further option for four more.

All will be operated by 16 Skuadron at Subang/Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah. This squadron currently operates the Beechcraft Be200T, of which they have four in thier inventory.

The UAS tender was awarded to Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), and is based on the ANKA-S model. The award was for three aircraft and these will be operated by 11 Skuadron at Labuan air base.

The Anka-S is a serial production configuration of the TAI Anka. It is equipped with a SATCOM antenna and a national flight control computer. Like the Block A and the Block B versions, the Anka-S will be powered by Thielert Centurion 2.0S engine.

I_Love_F16

Contributor
France Correspondent
Reactions
10 1,502
Nation of residence
France
Nation of origin
France
Why TEİ PD170 engine not?

Ibrahim Sunnetci said in a tweet that the PD170 engine should be used on the Anka S towards the end of 2022. But yeah I don't know what TUSAS is doing, they are incredibly slow regarding the integration process.

Merzifonlu

Contributor
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
23 2,027
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Ibrahim Sunnetci said in a tweet that the PD170 engine should be used on the Anka S towards the end of 2022. But yeah I don't know what TUSAS is doing, they are incredibly slow regarding the integration process.
End of 2022? Hmm.

OK, thank you so much.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom