Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,821
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

I think there is going to be some kind of pressure on Turkey to relinquish a milimeter from the deal we made with Libya. Which would undermine our claim.

Why else would Sisi sign the deal. Except maybe to get the navy vessels they need from Europe.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,354
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey

I think there is going to be some kind of pressure on Turkey to relinquish a milimeter from the deal we made with Libya. Which would undermine our claim.

Why else would Sisi sign the deal. Except maybe to get the navy vessels they need from Europe.

Who is going to pressure? You should learn that a island of geece can not claim our EEZ. If ther is no agreement between countries then ther is a gunbout diplomacy.

Egypt is run by hungry dictators, Greec and Cyprus made a deal if Egypt failed country make a deal with them they will have share in gasfield in ther EEZ. IF Turkey throw a bone or leftovers they will give ther ass to us :D .

This have nothing to do with Erdogan and MB relation, if you go to the first agreement between Cyprus and Egypt you can read the agreement.

In case there are natural resources extending from the exclusive economic zone of one Party to the exclusive economic zone of the other, the two Parties shall cooperate in order to reach an agreement on the modalities of the exploitation of such resource

If you ask me, should hit Egypt ships when we have the chance.

tta

Reactions
Nation of residence
Russia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we know why is there new NAVTEX by the Turkey? I thought we're negotiating.(istikşafi görüşmeler)

Do you think this is a some kind of reactionary move by Turkey against what happened in the room with Greeks?

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
22 18,821
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
Do we know why is there new NAVTEX by the Turkey? I thought we're negotiating.(istikşafi görüşmeler)

Do you think this is a some kind of reactionary move by Turkey against what happened in the room with Greeks?
Or it is a move to support Azerbaycan, since the greeks seems fond of supporting Armenia against Azerbaycan.

Greek plane flying to Iraq and then flying to Yerevan says a lot.

Cypro

Contributor
Reactions
2 1,790
Nation of residence
Northern Cyprus
Nation of origin
Northern Cyprus

As far as I read in the news, recently Greeks issued a new NAVTEX in Aegean sea for a drill in international waters. They started it this time, then Turkey issued counter NAVTEX in response and everything started again just after EU summit decision. Also they constantly trying to distract Turkey with tensions in Karabağ, East-Med, Libya and Syria.. Butthurt Macron is poking every issue around Turkey. In my opinion negotiations are just for PR.

Last edited:
Y

Yoyo

It is illegal for Greece to arm those islands in the first place. Of course they have to disarm them. But this sounds like Greece/Germany will make this look like a Greek "concession" and ask Turkey to come to terms with Greece's EEZ claims.

Turkey should tell Greece that if they don't disarm their f-ing islands within X number of months, we will consider it an act of war, use our treaty rights and bomb them to neutralize this overt threat to our national security. Tell them that Turkey won't allow any further arms shipments to the islands.

It would be a grave mistake to negotiate anything over Greece's arming of eastern Aegean islands. This is a non-negotiable treaty violation and cannot be a part of any EEZ talks.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,354
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Looks like it is not possible to talk with them, i bet they did claim the whole EEZ and left nothing to us. So we decided not to lose time and started the search againg :D .

With the help of EU they are doing it, German minister action to talk only with one side show us what happens in the background. They want to force us to leave EEZ.

Top Bottom