TR Marine Mavi Vatan (Blue Homeland)

Vaggos

Reactions
Nation of residence
Italy
Nation of origin
Greece
You literally summed up the problem with the Western hegemony, lol

This, my friend, is known as the hypocrisy of the West. I said it many times before, but the West believes that they are entitled to more previliges than the rest of the world and they justify such acts to non-western countries by disguising it under the veil of democracy and human rights.

Just imagine Turkey doing any of the things you mentioned, rather than an EU state or USA, I wont be surprised of they initiated a campaign to ethnically cleanse the Turks
Why don't you move to the East then and stop busting our balls

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,704
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

Turkey-Libya deal secures balances in East Med: Expert​

BY ANADOLU AGENCY​

ANKARA NOV 28, 2021 - 5:46 PM GMT+3

An offshore drilling rig is seen in the waters off Cyprus' coastal city of Limassol as a boat passes with a skier, July 5, 2020. (AP File Photo)
An offshore drilling rig is seen in the waters off Cyprus' coastal city of Limassol as a boat passes with a skier, July 5, 2020. (AP File Photo)

The maritime deal signed between Turkey and Libya in 2019 secured rights and balances in the Eastern Mediterranean, according to a legal expert.

Hakan Karan, a senior international law expert at Ankara University told Anadolu Agency (AA) that the demarcation of the maritime borders and economic exclusive zones (EEZ) can be ensured through a treaty based on equity or a court decision.

Cooperation between littoral states is a judicial obligation to reach such a treaty, he said, adding that Greece and the Greek Cypriot administration have been trying to exclude Turkey through one-sided policies and practices.

Karan asserted that in order to protect its interests, Turkey reached a deal for the demarcation of maritime borders and EEZ with Libya, which was also isolated in the region.

A deal based on cooperation with Libya is an approach that is in line with the law, he added.

Hailing the deal, Karan said it permanently demarcated Turkey's maritime borders in the Eastern Mediterranean.

He, however, warned that maritime claims of other littoral states can overlap with Turkey's maritime borders and thus it is essential to resolve the question with the participation of all littoral states in the region.

To contribute to the establishment of lasting peace, stability and security in Libya and to develop relations in all possible fields based on mutual benefit, Turkey and Libya signed the Memorandum of Understanding on the "Limitation of Maritime Jurisdiction" and "Security and Military Cooperation" on Nov. 27, 2019.

According to the U.S. Geological Survey, the Mediterranean region is estimated to boast millions of barrels of oil and trillions of cubic meters of natural gas, worth hundreds of billions of dollars.

Turkey, which has the longest continental coastline in the Eastern Mediterranean, has rejected the maritime boundary claims of Greece and the Greek Cypriot administration, stressing that the excessive claims violate the sovereign rights of both Turkey and the Turkish Cypriots.

Turkish leaders have repeatedly stressed that Ankara is in favor of resolving all outstanding problems in the region, including maritime disputes, through international law, good neighborly relations dialogue and negotiations.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Najla Mangoush?
You think we are idiots? A good advice. Prepare for war. No one will come to rescue you.
We always we prepare for war, because we have a bad neighbor, who has problems with all her neighbors, invades their lands, imprisons its citizens and tries in every way to expand.
Her name is known: Turkey
Its neo-fascist doctrine also: Mavi Vatan

M

Manomed

We always we prepare for war, because we have a bad neighbor, who has problems with all her neighbors, invades their lands, imprisons its citizens and tries in every way to expand.
Un charta granted turkey to Intervene in Syria you don't even have troublesome neighbors Like we do. Prepare for war yeah your army didn't even saw combat last time greek commandos saw combat was in Cyprus didn't go well for your muh hellenic army.

Yeah Turkey is fascist for mavi vatan what about megali idea? You still want these land you can't get it because you are weak

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,823
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
Nothing, as also Turkey nothing has to do in these states.
Regarding the Libya, is a state under civil conflict, House of Representatives opposes the maritime deal signed between Turkey and Tripoli which extends Turkish maritime boundaries from the southwest Turkish coast to the coast of Derna and Tobruk.
More recenlyy , from the Government of National Unity in May 2021, the Libyan Foreign Minister Najla Mangoush in a press conference alongside the Turkish Foreign Minister, called Turkey to comply with the UN resolutions and withdraw the Turkish troops and mercenaries.
Nothing to do with these? Are you serious?

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,823
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
So, than we can say everything was spoken. And we hope that we can solve the problem on the Battlefield. This will reach a final solution. Can we agree on that ?

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
So, than we can say everything was spoken. And we hope that we can solve the problem on the Battlefield. This will reach a final solution. Can we agree on that ?
"final solution"..... two words that remind me this......

I can't agree with someone that dream "final solutions" , battlefields and "mavi vatan".
But I totally agree with someone that fight people and neo-faschist doctrines like the previous sentence.

M

Manomed

I can't agree with someone that dream "final solutions" , battlefields and "mavi vatan".
But I totally agree with someone that fight people and neo-faschist doctrines like the previous sentence.
Bruh didn't you greeks were ruled by Dictators and Fascists for your entire modern time? Who you calling fascist We ain't the ones dreaming megali idea

Huelague

Experienced member
Reactions
4 3,823
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey

We are not Germans and you are not Jews. False comparisons. Nice try. We want half of the Aegean. By fair share. If not peacefully than with force. No NAZI, no Jew comparison. Only a Greek can piss on grave of dead Jews with this comparison.

M

Manomed

Ironically Greeks were ruled by dictators-kings-Fascists for years While turkey was a democratic country our democracy record just got fuzzy because of erdogan

Let him call us nazis etc We all know he is a weak person who can't even win against turks in 1920s lol

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
We want half of the Aegean. By fair share. If not peacefully than with force.
You dont want peacefully solution, because you refused to come before the International Court, invoking its non-recognition of the Court’s jurisdiction and by denying United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
The opportunity for war is clearly being sought, after all you have only been waging wars in recent years, even among your own people. I speak directly for the followers of AKP and MHP.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
While turkey was a democratic country our democracy record just got fuzzy because of erdogan
No you're not, several Democracy index are clear..... Turkey is rated Not Free or Moderate Autocracy

T

Turko

I speak directly for the followers of AKP and MHP
First i really doubt if you were Greek, i strongly suspect that you are AKP troll who trying to show Turkish seculars as if Greek spies .

Second if you are a real Greek nationalist , you had better hate Atatürk instead of Ottoman Sultans. Because Atatürk liberalised Turkish soil from Greek invaders.

So today's Ottoman fans are not real threat for Greece. Because they're not sincere enemy of you. Secular Kemalist Turkish Army has been defended Turkish interests over the Egean and the Mediterranean sea .

@Vaggos :)

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
You dont want peacefully solution, because you refused to come before the International Court, invoking its non-recognition of the Court’s jurisdiction and by denying United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea.
Hm.... as far as I know, even the US havent ratified such agreements, right? Does that make the US as autocratic and war-mongering as Turkey?

This is stupidity tbh! You are trying to say that Turkey is autocratic even though it is more democratic than you guys
Hell, christians live in peace in Turkey while Muslims are getting destroyed in Greece. Turkey has a party supporting terrorists in its parliament due to democracy, lol! What about you guys? What sort of scale do you use to judge that Grece is more democratic than Turkey? I really wanna know
Pls do enlighten me

Last edited:

Lool

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
11 4,725
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
First i really doubt if you were Greek, i strongly suspect that you are AKP troll who trying to show Turkish seculars as if Greek spies .

Second if you are a real Greek nationalist , you had better hate Atatürk instead of Ottoman Sultans. Because Atatürk liberalised Turkish soil from Greek invaders.

So today's Ottoman fans are not real threat for Greece. Because they're not sincere enemy of you.

@Vaggos :)
Not really though
Greeks do hate both Ataturk and Ottomans
The ottomans did destroy the Byzantine empire after all. If it was still alive today, the greeks would be the rulers of Europe and not some France or Germany
The greeks do hate the Ottomans. However, they do hate Ataturk even more since after the Ottomans lost, they thought it was time to regain a bit of their territory just to find Ataturk destroying them

I wont go into the ironic fact that Ataturk was a member of the Ottoman army as well. It is kinda fate you know, lol.

Kinda funny tbh how the Turks ended up destroying greece 2 times
Once under the Ottomans and another under Ataturk

T

Turko

Kinda funny tbh how the Turks ended up destroying greece 2 times
Once under the Ottomans and another under Ataturk
Greece invaded Ottoman Empire's Anatolia. They came almost Bursa.
Notice it was not just Ottoman's soil, it was Motherland of Turks.
It wasn't the just lost of the war, it was the surrender of the last Sultan. Sultan ordered obeying Greeks with out any fights.

Gratefully we had Atatürk who created Mavi Vatan.

Akritas

Contributor
Reactions
Nation of residence
Greece
Nation of origin
Greece
Hm.... as far as I know, even the US havent ratified such agreements, right? Does that make the US as autocratic and war-mongering as Turkey?

Pls do enlighten me
Even I am not US, easy you can find that USA recognizes the UNCLOS as a codification of customary international law.
Because of the group of Republican senators led by Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma blocked American ratification of the Convention, claiming that it would impinge on U.S. sovereignty.
So, treaty ratification in the U.S. requires 2/3 of the United States Senate to vote for approval, the 34 signatories are enough to stop treaty ratification.
Others US Institutions like JAG are favour of the UNCLOS.
Enlighten you now?

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom