DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
12 4,835
Nation of residence
Albania
Nation of origin
Albania
Exactly.

We have for years been trying to sweet talk Iran to move against the PKK in a coordinated effort, so far nothing has materialized. It's about time we get rid of the carrot and use the stick.
Yeah but I don’t expect the current government to do anything about it. They are surprisingly very passive about Iran for some reason.
Simply because no one will stand on Turkey's side when they fight against Iran. Iran's strength is in their number of allies....

In a one on one fight, Turkey will win against Iran but will be a tough one; however, a victory is a victory nonetheless

If Turkey did attack Iran, radicals like Hizbollah, Hamas, PKK, and many more elements in Iran will unite against Turkey. Arab nations will claim neutrality and Asian nations will also stay out of this especially with the deep China-Iran ties and obviously dont depend on the greatest hypocrites to ever exist, Western nations, to help

Therefore, Turkey will end up fighting a coalition of radicals across the whole Turkish nation borders within more than one front alone..... this fight wont end well for Turkey

Kartal1

Experienced member
Lead Moderator
Reactions
92 18,045
Nation of residence
Bulgaria
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yeah but I don’t expect the current government to do anything about it. They are surprisingly very passive about Iran for some reason.
The reason is what we discussed above.

We can not sustain a prolonged conflict with Iran (proxies) and can not react to an Iranian response to the violation to Iranian sovereignty in case of a military operation inside Iran.

The problem is not a lack of tactical capabilities to carry out such an operation. With the needed preparations we can do it, but we will not be able to manage the damage after that.

In counter-terrorism operations, unconventional warfare and low-intensity conflicts like the one we see, sustainability is a key for the positive outcome of all the efforts. As we proved we can effectively sustain and adapt to the current tempo of the conflict and the challenges that are before us, but I am not confident that we would be able to resist the pressure of an Iranian response and we may lose all the progress we've made in Iraq in a matter of months.

My take is that apart from the technical capabilities that we should obtain in order to be able to effectively protect and sustain our military presence in Iraq, we should also work on a counter-measure in the unconventional side of things. We should prevent the spreading of "Kurdistan Hezbollah" as the IRGC calls the newly formed organization that will be active in KRG and establish deeper connection with local actors close to the KDP.

A very good development is the fact that the Hashdi Shaabi is mad about a Turkish meddling in the relationship between the Turkmen PMU fighters with the PMU leadership and objectives. We reportedly used Turkmen fighters in a covert operation against PUK targets. So this means that if we play our cards right we may be able to restore our influence within the Turkmens in Iraq and hopefully train and arm them within another project away from the Hashdi Shaabi. This may give a birth to both military, but also political victories. In such a case we must step up our game and I hope that we have the resources for it because we have other things to think of like Syria, Libya and Somalia.

Top Bottom