Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
A lot of that aid gets embezzled and ends up to the Assad regime.

I say this aid makes things worse.
Which is why it's important that the aid comes through Turkey. The west does know of the corruption, so they factor in alternative routes.

I think it would be better if most of the aid came through Turkey and perhaps even Lebanon since that would somehow benefit the countries economy :) even through corruption.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
Which is why it's important that the aid comes through Turkey. The west does know of the corruption, so they factor in alternative routes.

I think it would be better if most of the aid came through Turkey and perhaps even Lebanon since that would somehow benefit the countries economy :) even through corruption.

The problem with the west is they send aid then they dont care what happens after it.

I mean remember whole aid for Africa??? A lot of that aid rotted in the port or got sent to African warlords it made shit even worse.

Now look at the Haiti problem after the earthquake that killed 200k all that money gone.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey
That is what many of us has been saying. We should have made a military operation into Kamisli, even taken the oilfields if necessary. Kamisli is the bread and water of Syria.

Adıvar

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
We should cooperate with the legal government of Syria against western backed k*rdish terrorists. Otherwise there will be no chance to remove them once they settled completely.

Ryder

Experienced member
Reactions
5 18,063
Nation of residence
Australia
Nation of origin
Turkey
We should cooperate with the legal government of Syria against western backed k*rdish terrorists. Otherwise there will be no chance to remove them once they settled completely.

Nothing legal about the assad crime family.

Remember who started this civil war in the first place it was not Turkey or the West but Assad replying back with bullets against protestors. Not to mention he released jihadists from prisons onto the streets.

"Legal" government indeed.

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
I'm not a fan of Assad by any means but I'm honestly skeptical after years and years just how much of the "Assad gassed/shot/bombed Syrians" claims are true and if he really did intentionally start the war. He is certainly an asshole but I can't help but think he got slightly scapegoated in a way, just like Qaddafi and Saddam, who were also assholes but also were scapegoats for foreign interests. I can't really see any way in which the current situation and what happened to Syria over the past decade is what he had in mind for maintaining control.

So I sorta agree with the "ally with Assad" side and by "ally" I mean "watch him like a hawk while co-operating to annihilate YPG/PKK proxies in northern Syria" but making sure to keep a tight leash on him. And on a personal note, it would also fuck up Biden and his puppeteers' plans to keep us in the Middle East forever and get more focus on domestic issues for once. Say what you want about Trump but dude was earnest about minimizing the US military's presence in the area while being hampered by his own administration at every turn.
Also, he totally won the election.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,020
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
I'm not a fan of Assad by any means but I'm honestly skeptical after years and years just how much of the "Assad gassed/shot/bombed Syrians" claims are true and if he really did intentionally start the war. He is certainly an asshole but I can't help but think he got slightly scapegoated in a way, just like Qaddafi and Saddam, who were also assholes but also were scapegoats for foreign interests. I can't really see any way in which the current situation and what happened to Syria over the past decade is what he had in mind for maintaining control.

So I sorta agree with the "ally with Assad" side and by "ally" I mean "watch him like a hawk while co-operating to annihilate YPG/PKK proxies in northern Syria" but making sure to keep a tight leash on him. And on a personal note, it would also fuck up Biden and his puppeteers' plans to keep us in the Middle East forever and get more focus on domestic issues for once. Say what you want about Trump but dude was earnest about minimizing the US military's presence in the area while being hampered by his own administration at every turn.
Also, he totally won the election.

Assad has been a big supported of the PKK against Turkey. Don't forget that Ocalan was living in Damascus under Assad protection and Turkey almost went to war. Assad is basically a iranian proxy which is hostile to Turks. He's no friend of Turkey and certainly no allie.

We already seen Iran calling Azeris shia brothers while sending guns and weapons to armenia to kill you guys. Assad needs to go, the minority fanatical sect that ruled those lands and turned it into a playground to be used against Sunni Muslims has to go.

What we can't agrue with is the absolute mess AK party created for Turkey.

Last edited:

Anastasius

Contributor
Azerbaijan Moderator
Reactions
3 2,935
Nation of residence
United States of America
Nation of origin
Azerbaijan
Assad has been a big supported of the PKK against Turkey. Don't forget that Ocalan was living in Damascus under Assad protection and Turkey almost went to war. Assad is basically a iranian proxy which is hostile to Turks. He's no friend of Turkey and certainly no allie.

We already seen Iran calling Azeris shia brothers while sending guns and weapons to armenia to kill you guys. Assad needs to go, the minority fanatical sect that ruled those lands and turned it into a playground to be used against Sunni Muslims has to go.

What we can't agree with is the absolute mess AK party created for Turkey.
You are misunderstanding me. I am not saying that Assad should become Turkey's best friend or anything but that it might be useful to make some "agreements" like with the Russians to collectively flush out the YPG cancer. Assad may have supported PKK in the past but right now, they are standing in the way of his reclaiming the rest of Syria and he wants that proxy state gone as much as Turkey does.

Saithan

Experienced member
Denmark Correspondent
Reactions
21 18,767
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Turkey

These kind of reporting is just waste of breath, especially considering western media belongs to certain political factions and aren't doing proper journalism, but rather selective journalism. This means they pick one pov and follow that narative to further their goals.

This is also true for DS and many other news outlets. So it's always good to read from several sources.

GoatsMilk

Experienced member
Reactions
9 9,020
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
You are misunderstanding me. I am not saying that Assad should become Turkey's best friend or anything but that it might be useful to make some "agreements" like with the Russians to collectively flush out the YPG cancer. Assad may have supported PKK in the past but right now, they are standing in the way of his reclaiming the rest of Syria and he wants that proxy state gone as much as Turkey does.

Agreements are impossible. When relations were good we couldnt get assad to stop his support for the pkk. Now relations are terrible its impossible to make any good agreements except for one where Assad excepts Turkey to take the entire northern regions.

Turkey has to create facts on the ground in order to secure northern syria and iraq for herself to protect from foreign designs.

Last edited:

Adıvar

Reactions
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nothing legal about the assad crime family.

Remember who started this civil war in the first place it was not Turkey or the West but Assad replying back with bullets against protestors. Not to mention he released jihadists from prisons onto the streets.

"Legal" government indeed.
It IS legal and recognised by the UN. Even if it is not, so what? What does it have to do with us while all the arap states are there in silence? Is democracy or "human rights" in Syria is more important than our border security?

By the way, it was not Assad who started civil war in Syria but the west and its partner in the ME Turkey. Remember the US and Turkish Army who trained jihadist fighters so called FSA...

There is a good idiom in Turkish that i dont know how to translate;
Her s2m hıyar diyene elinde tuzlukla koşmak...!

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom