Contributor
The Post Deleter
Reactions
34 2,577
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
straw man fallacy, ok I will keep it very simple ToT, DToT, and SToT does not necessarly indicates swarm which is a very simple fact to undertand I guess. no need for drama, so please dont be boring!

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,738
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
straw man fallacy, ok I will keep it very simple ToT, DToT, and SToT does not necessarly indicates swarm which is a very simple fact to undertand I guess. no need for drama, so please dont be boring!
It indicates basic swarm capability as the idea of artillery/rocket artillery is to saturate an area with cheap shells and rockets. A textbook example is last Palestine vs Israel battle. When you apply it to a point target like ships with advanced 3D planning software, net-centric combat management system, two-way datalink. Extremely precise SToT, DToT capability becomes something else other than the basic artillery ToT which is achieved by simple ballistic calculations and trajectory.

Amardeep Mishra

Professional
Reactions
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
Hi All,
I admire some of the latest Turkish developments. However, I am not so well versed with accurate information. I like their SOM project, however, I do not know if lets say their 3.2kN micro turbofan engine has passed all the military certifications and is being used on SOMs. If not then where does Turkey source their turbofans from? I believe, they can source it from anywhere in Europe, since they are NATO members?

Agha Sher

Experienced member
DefenceHub Diplomat
Reactions
10 9,140
Nation of residence
Denmark
Nation of origin
Afghanistan
Hi All,
I admire some of the latest Turkish developments. However, I am not so well versed with accurate information. I like their SOM project, however, I do not know if lets say their 3.2kN micro turbofan engine has passed all the military certifications and is being used on SOMs. If not then where does Turkey source their turbofans from? I believe, they can source it from anywhere in Europe, since they are NATO members?

Indigenous engines for SOM is in serial production. In the past, Turkey relied on French engines

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Hi All,
we used to use micro turbo engines for som and atmaca missiles. However, at the same time local engines were decided to be used at least 7-8 years ago. Normally tests completed in 201-2019 for local kale arge engines , however there were some areas need to be fixed in that engines. So after necessary fixations, they started to go to integration phase after august 2021. With in this year , we are planning to make necessary flight tests with kale arge engines for atmaca and some missiles. We received necessary micro turbo engines from france. There is no need to change it at the moment while we are planning to get our local egines. Since , new engines come with many needs to change on missiles.

Fighter_35

Contributor
Reactions
1 739
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
they passed all tests before integration to real missiles. After integration flights within this year, we will be using local enignes beside micro turbo ones we have at the moment.
beside engine development, Kale arge localized almost every components and systems in this missiles. So they do not just used off the shelf products , but they later localized that systems through themselves or local companies.

kenny

Committed member
Reactions
1 875
Nation of residence
Japan
Nation of origin
Turkey
SOM
FB_IMG_1648903386707.jpg

Yasar_TR

Experienced member
Staff member
Administrator
Reactions
116 14,897
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Turkey

According to this site Ukraine has been using 152mm KVITNIK semi active laser guidance munition to hit Russian armour.
Being fired from 152mm howitzer guns, KVITNIK has 20km range. They probably target Russian armour with TB2.
As it is top attack anti tank missile, it will destroy any tank or armoured vehicle it hits.
We should be developing a similar anti armour missile usable from our Firtina Howitzers. Our Tanok can be developed further to be like this.
KVITNIK has an export 155mm version too.

1649091435238.png

Last edited:

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,671
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we should copy this from the US, would be very useful if the Greeks ever lined up on our border like the Russians on their way to Kyiv :D

Hexciter

Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I think we should copy this from the US, would be very useful if the Greeks ever lined up on our border like the Russians on their way to Kyiv :D

Greeks already have Bonus ammunition.

Top Bottom