Experienced member
Reactions
4 11,447
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Siper Block II Missile Spotted for the First Time
The SİPER Long Range Regional Air and Missile Defense System (UMBHSFS) Project, which was initiated by the Presidency of Defense Industries in 2018, continues. More than one missile is being developed in the project carried out by the ASELSAN-ROKETSAN-TÜBİTAK SAGE business partnership.
The test images of the SİPER BLOCK I Missile, developed by Roketsan and known to have a range of 100 kilometers, were shared before. The SİPER BLOCK I Missile is planned to enter service in 2023. The scale model of the SİPER BLOCK II Missile, developed by TÜBİTAK-SAGE and expected to have a range of 150 kilometers, was displayed for the first time.
The SİPER BLOCK II Missile, which will have an active radar seeker, will be the longest-range air defense missile developed by Turkey. However, it is also known that missiles with longer ranges and high altitudes have been developed within the scope of the SİPER Project. One of the biggest goals of the program is the development of a missile with anti-ballistic missile capability.

SİPER UMBHSFS Battery Structure
Each SİPER Air Defense System Battery; four SİPER Missile Launch System (FFS), at least two Missile Transport Loading System (FTYS), one UMAR/TEIRS Search Radar (AR), one Fire Control Center (AKM), It will have one Fire Control Radar (AKR), one Fleet Control Center (FKM) and three Communication Station Vehicles (HIA).

SİPER Air Defense System General Features
Air defense planning and coordination
Management and distribution of information under command and control
Combined aerial image production
Multiple engagement and sequential firing
Manual/semi-automatic/automatic engagement
Friend Foe Recognition (IFF)
Threat assessment and weapon allocation
Auto diagnostic management
Multi-target multi-radar fusion
Bidirectional communication with missiles
Wired/wireless communication
vertical/oblique shot
Ability to work in harsh conditions
Interface with HvBS, Radnet connection
Link to upper command via tactical data links (Link-16, JREAP-C)
Embedded simulation
Ability to operate with 8 FFS, each of which can fire 6 missiles

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
AFAIK, bozdogan is the most heaviest WVR operational around the world.
with 140kg weight it is more heavier than israeli derby ER BVR.

so, no surprise that it got some extra ranges.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
The missile in the vid is not Siper II. We have seen this video before.
actually the missile in the photo seems to me like G40. but i am probably mistaken.

Kedikesenfare

Reactions
1 797
Nation of residence
Germany
Nation of origin
Turkey
@Bogeyman

Regarding the stockpile of Turkish missiles, I refuse to believe that we don't have Pakistani missiles and rockets in our arsenal. It simply doesn't make any sense if you consider the deep-rooted, secretive and strategic nature of the relationship between the two states.

My guess is that we have a very high amount of unrevealed Pakistani origin missiles in our inventory.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
There is a source for atmaca's cost:

"An official from state-controlled missile-maker Roketsan, a co-producer of Atmaca (which translates to “Hawk” in English), said that the weapon will replace more than 350 Harpoons in the next two to three years, starting with ships under maintenance and upgrade programs."

"The Roketsan official said Turkey aims to save up to $500 million from the Atmaca replacement program, as the homemade missile comes in at around half the price of a Harpoon."

So can we say atmaca block 1 is a 500 600k dollars missile?

And this one is for storm breaker and others:

It would be really nice if we could produce kuzgun for 200 k dollars and çakır for 300k.
LOL you made a noob mistake. This Stormbreaker is not Israel's Bluespear or equivalent of our Kuzgun. It is similar to Aselsan SDB. It is not a missile.

Atmaca is 500k. It is known for a long time and I also mentioned the cost of the Atmaca several times and no 350 harpoons won't be replaced instantly. They will be replaced in phases as their shelf life ends. Most of the Atmacas are planned and will be produced for new platforms.

Last edited:

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Airforce requirement for Gökdoğan BVRAAM 65km
Range of the Gökdoğan Block-I BVRAAM 70+km
Estimated range of the Gökdoğan Block-II BVRAAM 100+km

Airforce requirement for Bozdoğan WVRAAM 20km
Range of the Bozdoğan Block-I WVRAAM 25+km
Estimated range of the Bozdoğan Block-II WVRAAM ~35km
Maybe I should quote my old messages from now on.

Most of the range gains are achieved with data-link+advanced engagement and autopilot algorithms, especially for the Bozdoğan.

Baryshx

Contributor
Reactions
8 2,037
Website
www.twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

Yes, but if both are at mach 4, this excess weight turns into a disadvantage for Bozdoğan.

TheInsider

Experienced member
Professional
Solutions
Reactions
27 13,696
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I-Derby has an RF seeker and dual pulse rocket engine. If Tubitak adds those Bozdoğan can achieve 100km. IMHO logical approach is to make a dual-pulse version of both Gökdoğan and Bozdoğan and switch to a hybrid seeker. Gökdoğan can use extra resistance against jamming with added IIR and Bozdoğan can make use of the RF seeker to keep track of the target when IIR is not the best choice.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I-Derby has an RF seeker and dual pulse rocket engine. If Tubitak adds those Bozdoğan can achieve 100km. IMHO logical approach is to make a dual-pulse version of both Gökdoğan and Bozdoğan and switch to a hybrid seeker. Gökdoğan can use extra resistance against jamming with added IIR and Bozdoğan can make use of the RF seeker to keep track of the target when IIR is not the best choice.
If you add dual pulse on current weight it would become more heavier. thus, unlikely to acheive 100km effective range with current acceleration power.

fire starter

Reactions
3 435
Nation of residence
India
Nation of origin
India
@Bogeyman

Regarding the stockpile of Turkish missiles, I refuse to believe that we don't have Pakistani missiles and rockets in our arsenal. It simply doesn't make any sense if you consider the deep-rooted, secretive and strategic nature of the relationship between the two states.

My guess is that we have a very high amount of unrevealed Pakistani origin missiles in our inventory.
Then it's better you directly purchase the missiles from China since all existing pakistani missiles are repainted Chinese missiles.

Heartbang

Experienced member
Reactions
7 3,608
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
in long term, bozdogan and gokdogan needs to merge into one. the prevalence of stealth in state-of-the-art airframes and the restrictions of internal weapon bays' of these aircraft necessitates a compact, highly maneuverable, long-range missile to be used as both fox-2s and fox-3s interchangeably.

Afif

Experienced member
Bangladesh Correspondent
DefenceHub Diplomat
Bangladesh Moderator
Reactions
64 7,401
Nation of residence
Bangladesh
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Then it's better you directly purchase the missiles from China since all existing pakistani missiles are repainted Chinese missiles.
Iirc this forum is not a place for nationalist propaganda!

Last edited:

Osman

Committed member
Reactions
2 464
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
LOL you made a noob mistake. This Stormbreaker is not Israel's Bluespear or equivalent of our Kuzgun. It is similar to Aselsan SDB. It is not a missile.

Yes stormbreaker is like minbo IIR. I had a 200 k dollars figure in my memory about kuzgun tj like missile, and confused the munitions and currencies.

But I found it.

Assuming each SPEAR costs around £200k, that’s £1.6M for a salvo of eight.

Most of the abilities are similar. Except range. Brits gave 140 km as range. Kuzgun's range is longer.

Follow us on social media

Top Bottom