Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Today is the anniversary of the death of Çakır, the most cult character in the history of Turkish TV series. And traditionally it is again top trending on all social media. Alp Eren Başer from Roketsan Corporate Communications shared a tweet on the meaning and importance of the day. lol. The new Çakır in this 'alem' is Roketsan Çakır.

Oublious

Experienced member
The Netherlands Correspondent
Reactions
7 4,328
Nation of residence
Nethelands
Nation of origin
Turkey
Today is the anniversary of the death of Çakır, the most cult character in the history of Turkish TV series. And traditionally it is again top trending on all social media. Alp Eren Başer from Roketsan Corporate Communications shared a tweet on the meaning and importance of the day. lol. The new Çakır in this 'alem' is Roketsan Çakır.

So we will see a test video soon.. :cool:

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey

I am sorry but this is cringe !

Blackeyes90

Contributor
Reactions
3 2,783
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
Yes, it is, but I would prefer Rokatsan Çakır to come forward instead of videos such as funeral prayers offered in absentia for the character of Süleyman Çakır.
I prefer non of them. I want to see some professinal PR. There are International buyers for this missile.People should be paying more intention to that.

dBSPL

Experienced member
Think Tank Analyst
DefenceHub Ambassador
Reactions
78 10,702
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I prefer non of them. I want to see some professinal PR. There are International buyers for this missile.People should be paying more intention to that.
As you can appreciate, companies do not only carry out abroad PR activities. Marketing is an another thing and field. Therefore, from my point of view, there is no harm in them using the local social media trendtopics. If a few young people see this on the social media wall today, if 10% of them turn it into a curiosity and show interest in these issues, and if half of them become members of our forums, I think this post has done its job.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
Prof. Dr. İsmail Demir announced that the unit price of the GÖKDOĞAN Missile is over 1 million dollars.
it is likely to be less for the domestic clients. Or they could have an arrangement like Raytheon and USN where USN pays to lease the munitions and pays the rest when it is fired.
By mentioning the unit price of Merlin missiles is Prof. Demir signalling that it will be available for export?
Would be a good thing although i have my doubts , missile data is very sensitive afterall.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
it is likely to be less for the domestic clients. Or they could have an arrangement like Raytheon and USN where USN pays to lease the munitions and pays the rest when it is fired.
By mentioning the unit price of Merlin missiles is Prof. Demir signalling that it will be available for export?
Would be a good thing although i have my doubts , missile data is very sensitive afterall.
I would assume that it would indeed be cheaper for the TUAF than for clients abroad. I don't see why it should be a problem to export missiles when there are other countries that offer different types of air-to-air missiles in the market. Cruise missiles like the gezgin project, or Tayfun would have more strategic importance for Turkey.

F-6 enthusiast

Reactions
1 595
Nation of residence
United Kingdom
Nation of origin
Bangladesh
I don't see why it should be a problem to export missiles when there are other countries that offer different types of air-to-air missiles in the market.
maybe i am being paranoid. Here is my logic :
Merlin is sold to country X which operates F-16V. The missile codes necessary for merlin to communicate with APG-83 are shared with Northrop Grumman (A US company) for integration. Not just the missile codes but also other sensitive data like kinematics at different altitudes , speeds and angles.
Say the US forces NG to share this info with a potential adversary (e.g. Greece) in a difficult time to give them the edge ?
The adversary will have an idea of what to expect from Merlin and develop countermeasures and tactics.

Knowledgeseeker

Experienced member
Arab Moderator
Morocco Moderator
Reactions
16 4,401
Nation of residence
Norway
Nation of origin
Moroco
maybe i am being paranoid. Here is my logic :
Merlin is sold to country X which operates F-16V. The missile codes necessary for merlin to communicate with APG-83 are shared with Northrop Grumman (A US company) for integration. Not just the missile codes but also other sensitive data like kinematics at different altitudes , speeds and angles.
Say the US forces NG to share this info with a potential adversary (e.g. Greece) in a difficult time to give them the edge ?
The adversary will have an idea of what to expect from Merlin and develop countermeasures and tactics.
I got your point.. If the US modernized the Turkish F16 then by your argument they would have access to the data regarding the missiles on the Turkish F16, and not only export clients. The US profit a lot from missile sales so i doubt that they would be open to providing source codes for missile integration of users of F16 in the first place. Would be ideal that most of the clients of Turkish Missiles will be users operating the big platforms such as the Atak 2, TFX, Hurjet, kizilelma-anka3 etc...

Bogeyman 

Experienced member
Professional
Reactions
60 29,298
Website
twitter.com
Nation of residence
Turkey
Nation of origin
Turkey
I got your point.. If the US modernized the Turkish F16 then by your argument they would have access to the data regarding the missiles on the Turkish F16, and not only export clients. The US profit a lot from missile sales so i doubt that they would be open to providing source codes for missile integration of users of F16 in the first place. Would be ideal that most of the clients of Turkish Missiles will be users operating the big platforms such as the Atak 2, TFX, Hurjet, kizilelma-anka3 etc...
With the change of radar + mission computer during the domestic modernization of the F-16, our dependence on the USA completely ends. For the integration of the missiles, we need the source codes from the USA to provide the connection with the radar. (Gürcan Okumuş said that we do not have any modernization problems, but anyway).

Top Bottom